PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me I'll be able to use these bags once we're past the diaper stage?!

Truska
06-29-2004, 04:43 PM
With the way I'm eyeing bags, this is a little ridiculous! I have one on the way, another on order, and I have 3 more that I'm lusting after (anyone know if the Chester sale will have different stuff on their sale page?)! This is unreal...I blame you ladies! ;-)

I mean, I know I can resell them, but, well, I don't know if I'm going to want to!

Twin Mom
06-29-2004, 05:27 PM
I asked Chester and they said the only additions to the sale page will be the Black Nylon Embroidery and Red Gingham. I think someone also posted this in a Chester thread. Of course I really want a pattern that is not on sale.

I agree with you. So many co-ops, so little need for all of these bags :-( My twins are 21 months now so I rarely even use a large diaper bag anymore but I find myself wanting to get all of the bags being offered through a co-op even though I *know* I don't need them.

I am getting a T2 in the co-op since I will use it for work even if I don't use it as a diaper bag. Not sure about how useful the others will be after baby. I would also love a Bumble, Escape Pod, Chester backpack and Kecci but I'm going to have to restrain myself (if I can!!)

Aileen

masetane
06-29-2004, 09:33 PM
I think I would use the Mothership and Alpha 7 after baby time. The Mothership is just a handy travel size and the Alpha could be a cool bag too. All those great designed bags could be nice day totes or if the fabric is too cutesy, purses for your daughters???
caroline

MichelleRC
06-30-2004, 08:40 AM
Part of the obsession for me is that all these cute bags don;t scream "I am carrying diapers inside!"
My Chester tote could definitely be used later and most of the bigger bags would be perfect for travelling.
Plus, I am going to be carrying a diaper bag for about the next 3 years so I may as well look cute during that time and worry about the post-diaper stage when we get there. (I have boys, so who knows when that will be ;)

Michelle

momathome
06-30-2004, 10:22 AM
I was considering selling my I'm Still Me tote and have just started using it again as a beach bag - I love it! It looks classy and does not look like a diaper bag at all. When my girls are swimming at my SIL's house, I can shove in 2 towels and 2 bathing suits. I think you can defintely keep using a lot of these bags past the diapering stage!
-Lauren

robmab719
06-30-2004, 11:25 AM
I will definitely be using my Mothership as a pool bag/beach bag from now until I am too old to drag myself to the pool or beach. :) It's the greatest pool bag I've ever owned because the flap keeps the sand/rain/splashed water off my stuff. Plus, the bag stands on its own so much better than any of my other beach bags. And it's big enough to hold towels, toys, sunscreen, change of clothes, snacks, etc.

I can also see myself using the Loom Bandicoot as a travel bag when we are out of the diaper stage. It would be so handy to have a purse attached to the backpack so, when you go through security, you can get by with an extra carry-on because (technically) the Bandicoot would only count as one (even though it's a backpack + a purse)! (Yes, I have actually thought this stuff out.) lol

The Alpha 7 I'm not so sure about, but I'm actually thinking it might make a nice work bag. I believe my laptop will fit inside it (though I'll need to get a sleeve for it), and all the little pockets on the front will be great for cell phone, business cards, sunglasses, pens. And the skinny inside pockets perfectly accomodate a PDA.

So yes, I think you can use these bags WELL beyond the diaper stage. It's a shame more people looking for beach bags/travel bags/briefcases don't branch out into the diaper bag realm!

lmariana
06-30-2004, 12:15 PM
I totally agree about the Mothership! This is one super bag. I can fit my laptop and work files in the internal back pocket. Then I still have room for all my baby stuff, this would also be a great airport bag. I always travel with my laptop, so now I can combine those two bags into one. :) Yay!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003