PDA

View Full Version : Good color to use year round

masetane
06-29-2004, 09:54 PM
I finally got a chance to see and assortment of Fleurville bags in real life. Before, all I have to go on is my Mothership that I bought from a real nice gal!! :) I have the denim which I think is a nice basic color (I dress pretty much Gap and Lands End style) and I ordered a blue alpha 7. But I really love the Lime Bingo Mothership and Blue chocolate Mothership. Anyone have any thoughts as to what is a good color to use year round? Anyone out there have a Blue Chocolate or Denim Mothership feel its great year round? Oh god - this whole post sounds a big, confusing mess so maybe someone can figure out what I am saying!! lol I'd like both the mothership and Alpha and having trouble choosing which fabric for which I guess and now I can't use anything b/c they have their tags on and what if I need to sell them? The blue mothership did not look as shiny as my denim so that started this whole thing.....but the denim is so classy and I want to use it for traveling later...will it really matter to me when I put it in the overhead compartment, trunk of my car....here I go again! lol :) But the Blue Chocolate mothership is so pretty and it does look different than the Alpha b.c you can see the pretty fabric... but maybe I dont wnat to use light blue in the fall/winter?? ...I never even knew what a Fleurville was a few weeks ago and now I think they are the best bags and want them all! You are all probably sick of me posting about it all! ha ha
caroline

ginamlee
06-29-2004, 10:27 PM
Personally, I don't think that the light blue is a good year-round color.

But, it all depends on the colors you wear during the fall and winter months.

For me, it is pretty easy: black, brown, maroon, khaki, and sometimes navy. Now, in reality, there are a few more colors thrown in here and there, but those colors do pretty much sum it up. I would look pretty silly carrying a light blue bag during the fall and winter!

Now, if you are one of those types that likes fuzzy pink sweaters and a "winter white" wool coat, the light blue bag would look really nice.

lmariana
06-29-2004, 10:49 PM
Hi Caroline!

I'm just about the biggest Fleurville addict there is, and I have one Mothership that has completely satiated my desires. I have the White Corduroy Mothership, and despite all the fun patterns and colors available, I just don't think I would be any happier than I am now with this bag. I've contemplating get the full set (aka "Triple Crown" as Bonnie put it) in the Blue Chocolate color, but I'm hooked on the white. :) I like it because it's summery but also wintery. The color isn't stark white, so it's not shockingly bright. I might change my tune come fall, but I think I'll stick to this one for a while.

I also have a Blue Chocolate Escape Pod, Alpha 7, and Wrist Bag...so it's very tempting to add that blue chocolate Mothership, but somehow, I've resisted. :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

masetane
06-29-2004, 11:19 PM
Ha ha - it's nice to be with people who understand. It's almost embarrassing some of the posts I put out there!
I would love to see the White Mothership - the fact that it's corduroy brings it to an all season bag.
I am pretty sure I am keeping my denim mothership - it's just so me! I can use this in all seasons and while I love the Blue chocolate (the fabric is so pretty under the vinyl) , I got it in an Escape Pod. My alpha 7 is on its way - hope I like it b.c that will be my everyday bag. I can't wait to see the new colors/designs - maybe I will get one for winter months in a new color!
caroline

helaina
07-01-2004, 11:13 AM
I think your denim Mothership is perfect for year round use. I've seen them in real life and I think it would look equally good with a tee shirt & chino shorts as it would over a camel hair coat. The blue chocolate looks very summery to me. I think the Lime Bingo would be a better year round bag than the blue chocolate, especially if you wear a black winter coat. I am lusting after a white chocolate Mothership and I think that would look good year round because of the interesting contrast of using a summer color on a winter fabric. But I think the demin is the most universal of the fabrics.

jcmspg
07-03-2004, 12:41 AM
Does anyone have a problem with scratching of the clear vinyl coating on the Mothership?

lmariana
07-03-2004, 11:53 PM
My Mothership has gotten a lot of use, and the vinyl is still in beautiful shape! Hope this helps!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003