PDA

View Full Version : Hey Ladies...Skip Hop is $39 at Mimi Maternity!

lmladuke
06-30-2004, 05:54 PM
I was in the store in MA today and saw it. THis is the first time I have seen the bag IRL and really liked it. Problem is, they only carry it in mushroom - which I don't like. On the mimimaternity.com website it seems to still be full price - I don't know what's up with that. Saleswoman said it just got marked down yesterday.

It has soo many pockets. I really did like it - but have a question - do any of you just carry it over your shoulder (not messenger style?) I don't know how I feel about the messenger style for carrying. I usually carry a tote or myu backpack slung over one shoulder.

If anyone is looking for the skip hop and wants mushroom - its a good price.

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan 7/27/01
and to Baby Girl EDD 7/31/04

amp
07-01-2004, 10:31 AM
I just got mine about 2 or 3 weeks ago, and yes, I have usually carried it just over my shoulder, although I can see myself using it messenger style for longer carrying also.

lmladuke
07-01-2004, 06:40 PM
Andrea:

Do you like the bag? I am sort of contemplating either a Skip Hop or a Loom Marsupial - not sure which I would prefer...I sort of feel like I need a real "hard-core" diaper bag, to go along with all of the fun custom ones I am ordering...

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan 7/27/01
and to Baby Girl EDD 7/31/04

amp
07-01-2004, 09:38 PM
I do like it. I wish it were just a smidge wider front to back and like many have said, I wish it had a key holder. Other than that, I really like the rugged canvas look, personally, and I love, love, love that it can attach to my strollers and shopping cart rather than taking up space in the basket. It is also very comfortable for me to carry and I like that it can be carried over the shoulder or messenger style, and that it has a handle for when you are just grabbing it quickly or when you are detaching/reattaching the shoulder strap. I also love the look of it. I would say, as someone else told me, that you have to get used to packing vertically since the bag is taller than it is wide, but I don't really mind that. I believe that someone here recently compared the two bags (skip hop and loom). Do a search and see if you can find it, or repost asking if anyone can compare for you. Good luck!