PDA

View Full Version : Got my Timi & Leslie bag today! (updated co-op info inside)

MichelleRC
06-30-2004, 09:04 PM
First let me just say that today was such a good day for the UPS man to visit. DS has croup, I am fighting a cold (no fun while PG) and DH was in a work-related foul mood (good thing he was not home when UPS delivered).
Onto the bag...Awesome!!! I ordered the Large Bebe bag through the co-op (LINK BELOW) in the Magic (basketball) fabric. It is actually the same material used to make basketballs as opposed to the vinyl covered fabric of all their other bags. Very sporty and different from anything I have. It looks like it will wear really well. The bottom is heavy nylon with feet. Inside is the same nylon. Strap is adjustable. On the ouside there is a zipper pocket on the back, a bottle pocket on the side and the flap has a snap closure. Inside there is 1 bottle pocket, 1 elastisized pocket and 1 longer flat pocket. (I think that's it, it is tucked away in my closet for the moment or I would go re-check). It came with a matching zipper pouch and big changing pad.
Overall this is a GREAT bag. Very well made. I am thrilled with it. It is very, very similar in size to the Alpha 7 with a snap instead of velcro (I was not a fan of the velcro). It is also extremely comfortable on my shoulder. I think the inside may be a little bit roomier than the Alpha 7 if you use a smaller changing pad. The one that came with the bag is going to live in the car I think.
If they made a version of this bag that was about 2-3 inches longer with one more exterior pocket for my cell phone, my search for the perfect newborn+toddler bag would be over.

Here is the link for the co-op/sale. Leslie added some of the small bebe bags on there today. I also have a backpack that I have been using everyday for about 6 weeks. Check it out!
http://home.earthlink.net/~nooden/

Michelle
DS#1 20 months
DS#2 due in early September

masetane
06-30-2004, 09:19 PM
Hey Michelle - how cool is that! Is it bumpy like a basketball too?? I did not realize Alpha 7 is a velcro close - I agree, not a fan either. Maybe that will be one of the changes! Anyway, very neat bag!
caroline

Erika600
06-30-2004, 11:34 PM
Wow! I think that bag is so unique and cool! I just may need to add that bag to my collection. I have a couple questions, if you don't mind...Is the material really like a basketball? Not a fabric, but feels like a basketball? I think that is so cool! Is it a bag that a man would carry? That's one of the selling points to my DH. Also, it seems like a big bag. Does it feel heavy and bulky carrying it around when it's loaded? Any chance of getting a picture of it? The one on the website is not a very good one. I'm so conflicted...I told my self no more diaper bags for a while...

Thanks! And I'm glad to hear that this bag helped to make a bad day a little brighter! :)

RiaHannam
07-01-2004, 12:28 AM
Those large bags look real nice!
If you have a chance I'd love to see pics of it showing the features etc......
No pressure you know ;-)

MichelleRC
07-01-2004, 11:00 AM
Here are some pictures of the large "basketball" bebe bag.
It is kind of hard to describe the material- except to say that it feels just like a basketball. It is not at all stiff though, and has a definite texture. I won;t have to worry about it getting wet or dirty which is a plus. I think a man would surely carry this bag. Plus it would be a fun gym bag post-baby.
Let me know if you have any more questions!

Michelle

kelly ann
07-01-2004, 11:08 AM
Thanks for posting photos. That bag is so cute...I love that it is so unique looking. I can definitely see men carrying the bag...enjoy your purchase!

By the way, is that a Chester make-up bag? I just bought one for a gift, but I may just have to keep it for myself. I have been using the "free gift" cosmetic bags from department stores for my whole life and I am thinking I need to treat myself :)

MichelleRC
07-01-2004, 11:16 AM
It is a Chester makeup bag! It gets switched from bag to bag. It was actually a free gift when I got my Chester tote last year.

Erika600
07-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Thanks so much for the pictures! Now I'm even more tempted to get one! And great point about it making a great gym bag after the diaper bag stage is over. I was also thinking it would be a great bag to bring to sports events (my DH is a sports nut, and I'm sure DS will be too), or even little league games, etc. I can definitely see it having a life after the diaper bag stage. Thanks again for the info and the pics...:)

khakismom
07-01-2004, 12:32 PM
Very cool bag Michelle! Thanks for all the pictures.

I wasn't going to get a big bag, but those small ones look very cute. Thanks for posting about them!

mamicka
07-01-2004, 03:05 PM
Is the backpack you have a Timi & Leslie? If so, would you mind posting pics of it? What are your thoughts on it in general?

TIA!
Allison

mlewis
07-01-2004, 03:32 PM
Cute bag!

MichelleRC
07-07-2004, 11:05 AM
Sorry this took so long, but yes, I have a Timi and Leslie backpack also. I have actually been using it pretty much exclusively for about 2 months (of course I have a few new ones on their way so that will change), but I looked long and hard for a backpack that was cute but functional. (I was on crutches for a while, needed to have hands free). Cute and functional is hard to find, but I have been very happy with this one.
It has padded adustable straps, a drawstring closure, heavy nylon inside and bottom, a large exterior zipper pocket (my favorite feature actually) and several inside pockets.
The exterior is fabric covered with a thick layer of clear vinyl, just like the Mothership). Changing pad is huge but really nice, I carry around a smaller one instead.
I really have become a huge T&L fan and if my Bumble Bag is not love at first, I may get another large Bebe bag for the fall.
HTH!

jk3
07-07-2004, 11:39 AM
That backpack is beautiful!

Jenn
DS 6/03

supercalifragilous
07-07-2004, 02:26 PM
Oh geez.... why'd I have to go and view these pictures! I LOVE your backpack! I especially love that it has that thick layer of vinyl like the Mothership. There probably were more pictures and reviews but I stayed away from that thread and now this.... AND there's a co-op???? I am in big trouble!!!!! I just got my Kecci (and when the red & chartreuse are available I'm planning to go for those too, just on $$ principle alone - being too good a deal to pass up), I'm waiting on my WW (plus I'm about to order 2 more)... DH is going to KILL me!!!!

SO THANKS A LOT!!!!! LOL! :)

supercalifragilous
07-07-2004, 03:09 PM
Can you tell me how long the strap gets? It looks kind of short, like the Mothership... I'd like to wear it across my torso messenger style, but the big boob juice jugs get in the way so I need a really long strap like the PPB or Kecci... Would you mind measuring?

MichelleRC
07-07-2004, 04:09 PM
The strap is adjustable and if I could locate my tape measure, I would happily measure it for you. I would guess it is long enough for you wear across your chest. (lucky you- I am still waiting to grow one!). Plus the strap is alot thinner than the Mothership, which, IMO makes it easier to wear messenger-style.
If you email Leslie, I am sure she could give you an accurate measurement They were very helpful in answering my questions.
[email protected]
HTH!

vlslusher
07-13-2004, 06:30 PM
is this co-op over?

MichelleRC
07-13-2004, 07:59 PM
I am not positive, but I think they were running it until they sold all the "sale" bags. It's worth sending an email to ask. (I LOVE these bags!)