PDA

View Full Version : Diaper bag that fits in Zippy basket

ShaniB123
07-01-2004, 02:53 PM
Does anyone know which diaper bags fit in the basket of a Zippy stroller?

First due in CA in October

junieblee
07-01-2004, 03:06 PM
I have a Zippy and I find the basket to be pretty tight; there's not much height, if that makes sense. This makes it a hassle keep putting and and taking out the diaper bag if you need to get at it constantly. I usually hang my bag on the stroller handles and I like this better. Also, since the Zippy doesn't have a drink holder, I can keep my bottle of water in the outside pocket of the dipe bag and still have easy access to it. You just have to make sure your bag handles are long enough to stretch across the Zippy handles. I have a babystyle un-diaper bag that works well but if I were going to pick one today, I would seriously consider the skip hop. Also, the Skip Hop is flatter so, come to think of it, it would probably also fit in the basket better!
I find the Zippy basket better utilized for storing all my purchases from naartjie & Janie & Jack ;p
I have a Kecci on the way; hopefully I'll be able to hang it on the Zippy the same way.

junieblee
emi 02/02/04

lmariana
07-01-2004, 03:21 PM
I'd probably recommend a Skip Hop too! (www.skiphop.com) You can wear it messenger style, strap it onto the stroller, or since it's narrow, fit it in the basket. Fro about $50, it's a great bag.

:)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

ShaniB123
07-01-2004, 03:39 PM
Will you let me know how the Kecci fits? Thanks so much!

First due in CA in October

robmab719
07-01-2004, 05:00 PM
I have a Zippy and the Skip Hop fits in the basket (laying flat), but I always keep it attached to the handles so I can keep my water bottle handy in the outside pockets.

I also have a Mothership that I hang from the handles of the Zippy. This bag is WAY too big for the basket, but it works fine hanging from the handles if you need something a little bigger than a Skip Hop.

Also, pretty much any backpack-style bag can be hung from the handles. I've used both an Ella backpack and a Lands End backpack this way and had no problems.

junieblee
07-03-2004, 11:40 AM
My Kecci that I got through the co-op arrived yesterday! I got the beige and I really like it! I was wary of the pattern when I saw it on the website but thought the color was best for my wardrobe. I wear a lot of colors myself so I wanted to go neutral with the bag. Anyway, the pattern is more softer and more subtle IRL. I'll probably carry it on one shoulder - it's very lightweight and comfortable to hold under your arm. It's nice to have the messenger & backpack options too.
I'm not that concerned with matching it to my stroller but I think they look fine together. I chose to hang it from the main strap as I found the backpack straps tilted the bag fwd too much. I didn't try stuffing it in the basket but it looks like it will fit if necessary. Here are a couple pics - sorry for the terrible quality - it's a bit gloomy this morning :) The second pic (with flash) is more true to the color of the bag.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8610.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8611.jpg

newmomto1
07-04-2004, 02:07 AM
Hey,
Thanks for posting the pics!! I am trying to decide between the beige & the mint green. I am also concerned about the "pattern" on the beige. So, are you talking about the "geometric" pattern that is all over the bag...is that the part that is more suble IRL?? Oh how I wish I could see these bags IRL before I purchase!!! Trying so hard to stay on a budget here (SAHM)...I have got to stay off these boards & quit spending $$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

junieblee
07-04-2004, 03:59 AM
Yes, that "geometric" pattern was not my fave when i saw it on the website but irl it is more a textural pattern than tonal, which to me seems more delicate and subtle. I love the pattern on the mint green and I think it's a really pretty shade but just isn't practical for my wardrobe! Anyway, brought the bag on our walk to the library today and I really like it! It's very comfortable, functional, a good size for me, and coincidentally, the colors actually do kind of match my Zippy (Cookie). The beige looks like the khaki parts of the stroller and the little flower details pop against the blue and red parts!
I know what you mean about these boards! I've been turned on to some good deals but wouldn't have known that I "needed" all these things in the first place! The way I justified this particular purchase, which incidentally was the most expensive diaper bag I've gotten to date - was that I needed one for more dressy occasions. This bag instantly dresses you up with the added benefit of being machine washable! Wow, the more I write, the more I think I should pick up this wonderful bag in another color...sorry, I'm not helping on the money-saving front :)