PDA

View Full Version : Loom Marsupial

TaChapm
07-01-2004, 08:25 PM
I am kicking myself for not ordering a loom during the coop. I was just wondering how everyone likes their bag. Is it living up to all your expectations? Ugh...I've got diaper bag fever again. I love my bubblegum bag but I think I need a loom. It is a sicknes! :)

Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02

Chelsey333
07-01-2004, 08:40 PM
I like my Loom, but wish it was an Alpha 7 instead - bec it can be worn messenger and backpack. The Loom strap is too short for me to wear messenger style and be comfortable. I also like the look of the Alpha 7 better. That being said, the Loom is a great bag and very comfortable with the padded shoulder strap.

jec2
07-01-2004, 08:53 PM
At the time I bought the marsupial we needed a large bag. While we really like the look, organiztion, etc, it still wasn't quite big enough so I bought the mothership. We love the mothership, but think that the marsupial will be put back into rotation over the summer as the mothership is now getting a bit too big. However, we currently keep the mothership in the car and keep it stocked with extra cloth dipes and an extra oufit or two and ALL of the things I think that I would ever need. I just ordered a small tote that I can use to carry our bare essentials when I am running to the market or a quick errend or two.

Gayletmomto4
07-01-2004, 10:31 PM
I, too, missed the co-op and bought a Loom about 2 mos ago off of the swap board. When I first got it, I was a bit disappointed in the look (I hadn't seen it in real life and think it is a bit blah looking). I have to tell you though that it has really grown on me.

I find the strap super comfortable and secure on my shoulder whereas I have had a problem with other bags either slipping off or digging into my shoulder. I don't wear it messenger style. I also find the pockets, key clip and organization very practical. I suppose it reminds me of my Toyota Camry-I didn't love it when I bought it but it has turned out to be a great car/bag to use on a day-to-day basis and, therefore, I am now a big fan. It's just so utilitarian that I am coming to love it for that reason.

I am now watching and waiting for the reviews of the Bandicott scheduled to come out soon. Also, I hear that the Alpha 7 by Fleurville is being redesigned and it is similarly sized and organized.

tina-t
07-02-2004, 01:46 AM
Same thing here, when I first got my loom, I was not very impressed. It looked too bulky on me. However, I've been using this for 5 months and this is the only diaper that I reach for every time I go out (and I have a lot of diaper bags!) The organization is great. It feels very light even when I have packed it full. I don't use it as a messenger bag. It hangs nicely off my shoulders and it never slips off unlike the tote bags that I have used in the past. Dh does not have any problems carrying it either.

I can understand the diaper bag addiction as I have the same thing too.

coffeemug230
07-02-2004, 02:02 PM
I LOVE IT!! Seriously my favorite bag and I have been through quite a few. It holds a lot when I need it to, a little when I don't NEVER falls off my shoulder. Has great organization and pockets.

When I finally saw the Mothership and Alpha 7 IRL I was sooo much happier I got the Loom. The features such as a the magnetic closure vs big velcro patches and styling made it much more appealing to me than the Fleurville bags. Everyone has a personal pref though so see both before you buy.