PDA

View Full Version : I got my Kecci today!

lmariana
07-02-2004, 10:07 PM
It was such a pleasant surprise to come home today and find this on my door step! I have to say, that this is THE BEST $37 I have ever spent on a bag. I immediately packed it up and took it out for a test outing. :)

First of all, this bag is really pretty. I got the blue one and am beyond impressed. The fabric is sturdy, yet beautiful, and the interior is very babybag-friendly. It's a little floppier than my Alpha 7 or Mothership, but once I packed it up a bit, we were in good shape.

I've taken some pictures below of the bag lightly packed. It's cool though, because I transferred all the stuff from my Alpha 7 into the Kecci, and when I had it all in there, I still had TONS of space. Here's what I packed:

3 Diapers (size #3)
Wipes case
PJ's
Bottle
Formula Dispenser
Jar of Stage 2 Food
Take N Toss of Cheerios
Cosmetic case with my small stuff
Bib
Teething toys
Rash cream
Cell phone
Lipstick
Wallet
Pacifiers
Eye Drops

Then, once I had all my normal stuff in there...I also fit my shopping cart cover (covers4kids)!!! I was very impressed.

The adjustable strap is great. I wore it messenger style very comfortably even with all that stuff in there. At Target, I took out the cart cover, put it on the cart, and then slung the messenger strap across the cart handle. Perfect!

I think I'm in love. :) If anyone's on the fence about this bag, I'd totally recommend taking the plunge.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8605.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8606.jpg

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

toomanystrollers
07-02-2004, 10:20 PM
Glad to hear you like your Kecci :) I love mine too - may need to add another color - especially at that price.

And I love Gabriel's avatar - too cute!

Buzymommy5
07-02-2004, 10:31 PM
this is prettier in your picture...would definitely consider this bag now :) could you tell me if you find this to be a very large bag or does it seem smaller because it isn't strucuted? also, is it flimsy?

thanks
chris

twofallbabies
07-02-2004, 10:39 PM
Mariana,
Are there any outer pockets, like for a sippy or water bottle?
I REALLY want the chartruese, but don't want to wait for it! Maybe I'll get the navy now and CH when it's available....!

Jessica, MD mama to
Dillon (9/18/98)
& Lucas (10/24/02)

Mia Bella's Gourmet Soy Candles:
http://www.bettersoycandles.com

Truska
07-02-2004, 10:49 PM
>I have to say, that this is THE BEST
>$37 I have ever spent on a bag.

>If anyone's on the fence about this
>bag, I'd totally recommend taking the plunge.
>

Those two comments just sold it for me! I was on the fence, but this week have been pretty sure I was going to order one, but after seeing this, I'm pretty much there!

Thanks for (another) great review!

MichelleRC
07-03-2004, 08:54 AM
That is so pretty! I love the navy. I have one or 2 bags to sell and I think I may have add a Kecci to the stash.

Thanks for the pics and review!

Michelle

lmariana
07-03-2004, 09:13 AM
Hi Jessica,

Yes, there are two pockets outside for sippy cups or bottles. Use one for my wallet and the other for a paci, my cell and lip gloss, just so they're more easily accessible. Then inside there are 2 more bottle pockets. In one of them, I can fit a formula dispenser, so they're a pretty good size. :)

Hope this helps!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

MichelleRC
07-03-2004, 11:08 AM
Hi Mariana,
Just wondering--does this fall somewhere between the Mothership and Alpha 7 in terms of size?

TIA!

lmariana
07-03-2004, 11:12 AM
I think it's capacity is a little smaller than the Mothership, and definitely larger than the Alpha 7 (by a lot). It's physical size feels a whole lot less cumbersome than the Mothership though, which helps make this bag feel smaller. I think the Mothership may fit a *little* bit more though.

The big difference between the two though would be the overall construction. You really do get what you pay for. The Mothership's interior is much nicer and is more stable. The Kecci's is floppy. This may bother some people, but I'm okay with it, since I only paid $37 and not $150. :)

Hope this helps!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

MichelleRC
07-03-2004, 11:24 AM
Thanks! That helps alot. I don;t think I really mind floppy. For $37 I may have to give it a shot.

Thanks again!

twofallbabies
07-04-2004, 01:48 AM
That DOES help, thank you! Now I have to wait PATIENTLY until chartruese is available!

Jessica, MD mama to
Dillon (9/18/98)
& Lucas (10/24/02)

Mia Bella's Gourmet Soy Candles:
http://www.bettersoycandles.com

baerX3
07-04-2004, 03:29 AM
Can you tell me where you found the bag for $37.00. I would love to have this bag... is there a co-op for it? It looks great!!! Thanks!!

lmariana
07-04-2004, 08:59 AM
I got it through the co-op going on now, here's the link:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=9461&mesg_id=9461&page=

Enjoy!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

Gayletmomto4
07-04-2004, 05:27 PM
Mariana,

Have you worn it enough to judge how well it stays on your shoulder and whether it is comfortable that way? You know how I am about shoulder straps!

Also, somewhat bigger than the Marsupial?

TIA

lmariana
07-04-2004, 05:31 PM
Well, I've been wearing it the past two days, but I wear it messenger style. I can't comment on how it fits on the shoulder, but it's very comfy messenger style! I like that the strap is thinner, because the wide Mothership strap bugs me messenger style.

This bag is WAY bigger than the Marsupial. It's say twice the capacity, but still a little less wide, same depth, but taller.

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

Truska
07-05-2004, 11:04 PM
>I think it's capacity is a little smaller than the
>Mothership, and definitely larger than the Alpha 7 (by a lot).

>Mariana
>www.heinzandmariana.com
>Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

This is great to know...I got my Alpha 7 today, and while I love it, I was surprised by how *little* I could fit in there (not that it's not much, but I think I expected to fit more?!). I'm really hoping to get a Kecci!

sarahfran
07-05-2004, 11:52 PM
Mariana,
Your bag is beautiful. Your raving review has me very close to placing my order... but I'm not sure whether this will be too big for me. Any chance we could convince you to take a photo with the bag on you (or someone else)?? It's so much easier to get a concept of size with a person in the photo!

TIA!
-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

:) Motherhood is such a joy! :)

smomom
07-06-2004, 10:06 AM
Can I second that request? I photo of the bag on a real live person would be so greatly appreciated. :)

mamicka
07-06-2004, 11:41 AM
I'll third that request, please. & since I'm asking, could you take a picture of it next to your Dobre Goods Bambino bag?

lmariana
07-06-2004, 11:59 AM
I guess I'm sacrifice my camera-shyness for the good of diaper bags. :) I'll post some pics later today.

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

mamicka
07-06-2004, 12:07 PM
You're a gem Mariana! Thanks so much!

SteelerFan
07-06-2004, 12:25 PM
I just emailed Tracy to see what to do about ordering the Chartruese bag! And I'm still wanting to buy 2 Ella bags! My husband is going to kill me and this baby isn't due for 4 1/2 weeks! Guess one has to have some sort of passion, right? LOL!

Amy
2 DDs
baby boy, Edd 8/9/04

heatherlynn
07-06-2004, 01:41 PM
Hey Amy! We have the same due date and I'm also expecting a boy! AND - I'm now thinking of getting 3 bags: Kecci, Timbuk2, and Alpha7! Just think, I was originally planning to just use my 6-yo LE DIA bag!

H-

Oh - Yinz (!) must be in Pgh (steeler fan) - we were there for about 4 years. I loved it and hated it (which I guess kind of makes me like most Pittsburghers!

cchavez
07-06-2004, 01:50 PM
Mariana,

Glad to hear you love your bag.....your rave review says alot since you seem to be the queen of diaperbags!! :) (I know most of us secretly lust after your stash). Anyway, I have a beige kecci from Nordstrom Rack that I am really enjoying. I think it is a great bag but a bit floppy too. I emailed Kecci for some reason or another and gave them a quick review of my bag and I noted it was a bit floppy. Oh, now I remember I emailed them to see if they had any plans for the same bag (design) in different fabric....like canvas. Maybe as BBB members we should send in reviews to Kecci so the next go round they make a more structured bag??? It couldn't hurt?

have fun w/ your new bag!

swan01
07-06-2004, 01:51 PM
I posted this on another post, but I got a reply from Tracy that the green will be available at the end of September and the red at the end of July.

Thanks

lmariana
07-06-2004, 02:03 PM
That's a good idea! I think giving Kecci some feedback sure wouldn't hurt.

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

robmab719
07-06-2004, 02:11 PM
Yay!! I am SO getting the red one!! Can we pre-order the red, or should I just hang tight until you post that they're in stock?

SteelerFan
07-06-2004, 02:42 PM
as the PP said, the Red will be available at the end of July and the Chartreuse will be avail in Sept--she said when you place your order just to put on your order form that you are a member of the BBB site and co-op for the $37 price. I am just curious, though, after seeing the above posts re the bright green chartreuse--has anyone seen the Red bag and thought it was too bright also? I'm now hesitant to wait for the green and just go with the red.

Amy

SteelerFan
07-06-2004, 02:45 PM
And I agree, you can love and hate Pgh all at the same time. The worst part about the summer is the humidity--the heat wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so humid and worse after a mid-day rain! But gotta love those Steelers!

I have 2 DDs, my youngest is 4 and I used a Kenneth Cole Backpack with her. I just bought a new LE classic diaper bag in black, it hasn't arrived yet--but before buying I was trying to scoop up some Kate Spade bags on Ebay but the prices were getting too high. Then I come here and see all of these gorgeous new bags and I have a feeling that my husband is going to start questioning all of these bag purchases! I might have to hide them in the closets! LOL!

I want an Ella bag so I'm going to wait to see if anyone wants to buddy up on a purchase--and those Whimsical Wear bags are gorgeous, too! t-r-o-u-b-l-e!!!

Amy

supercalifragilous
07-06-2004, 05:42 PM
Yay! I'm airing out the vinyl lining now - and I think that's the best part! DD's supposedly spill-proof sippy spilled over in my PPB bag and it totally soaked through! I think this vinyl lining will be much better - I'm surprised at how soft it is!

I'm really liking all the pockets - I can't wait to fill-'er up! :)

I'm a little concerned about the zipper problems other people have posted but I have a lot of confidence in Kecci's customer service, from what other PPs have said - I think it's great you don't have to ship the bag back first!!

The green is a lot brighter than I thought it would be but at least I can't complain about the "black hole" effect!!

In comparison to my PPB bag, I think they're about the same size. I have a PPB that I had dry cleaned and after that, I personally think it's floppier than the Kecci. It's like any stabilizer that the PPB had in it dissolved to dust and now it's just fabric.

The one thing I like about PPB is the stainless steel rings and the metal strap attachments (they're plastic on the Kecci). What do you expect for $37?!? It's a steal!! But lately, I've noticed that with wear, the slick black straps are slipping to get looser and looser on my PPB too. I think the fabric straps on the Kecci will hold in place much better.

I love that it has that extra large pocket in the back! The straps tuck away neatly (I bunched them both together) to provide LOTS of extra room in the back - perfect for a magazine/papers and the folded-up changing pad. In fact, I kinda like that the straps are attached at the top - I don't know how many times I've lost my PPB backpack straps (I keep them around just in case I need them) so now I just keep them folded in one of the inside bottle/side pockets.

I LOVE that the Kecci is machine washable. That'll save me $$ in the long run vs the dry-clean-only PPB!

Has anyone else noticed that the Kecci changing pad is EXACTLY the same size as the PPB fold-out one? It's almost like they cut it off the PPB!! I kinda like the two extra front pockets inside the flap on the PPB but I think it's rather have a removable, washable changing pad.

I'm in complete agreement that this is the best $37 I spent on a diaper bag! I'm planning to get other colors too, diaperbagaholic that I am...

Melanie
07-08-2004, 03:34 AM
Mariana, how long did it take you to receive this bag after you ordered?

khakismom
07-08-2004, 11:20 AM
Thanks for yet another fabulous review Mariana! Your review sold me on the bag, and then Lin's pics of her bag sold me on the beige color. Can't wait!

And I love that all you ladies are sharing my dipe bag sickness. When I first came to the boards, 95% of the dipe bag talk was about LE and EB bags, which are very functional, but not stylish enough for me. Now look at this place! :)

MichelleRC
07-08-2004, 11:50 AM
I could have written the same post, except I have a navy Kecci coming LOL!
I try not to look at them as diaper bags but rather as fashionable accessories that make my job as a mommy easier. I used to buy beautiful purses, so why not still carry something that makes you feel good and put-together.
I think lots of people think I am nuts but this is a much safer addiction than say, drugs or gambling. And now that I have discovered the swap board and ebay I don;t feel too badly buying a bag to satisfy my curiosity. I can always find it a good home later. However it is a good thing that I am the "minister of finance" at our house. :-)