PDA

View Full Version : what do you think about the longchamp bags?

sirensrise
07-03-2004, 10:40 AM
hi, anyone has a longchamp bags? how do you like it? are there enough pockets ? i have not seen one irl. is there a pic of the inside somewhere? TIA

Twin Mom
07-03-2004, 11:14 AM
A friend of the family used a large nylon Longchamp tote as a diaper bag and I don't know how she did it. I know it wouldn't work for me. There is only 1 very small useless pocket on the inside and the bag is huge so I would think it would be impossible to find anything in it. There is no interior lining either so the inside is the same color as the outside of the bag. Plus I think it is very expensive to use as a diaper bag when you can get a more functional bag for the same or less money.

I do like the bags as a purse. I have a smaller one and it works fine as a purse, but if you need lots of pockets and want some kind of lining in your diaper bag, this is not the bag for you.

Aileen

caleymama
07-03-2004, 11:24 AM
I would agree that it doesn't make a great diaper bag. I have one - not sure what size officially, medium-ish I guess - that was a gift. I like it a lot for a purse and have occasionally used it for short outings with DD. For short outings it's fine, but the lack of pockets is a real nuisance for anything longer.

JMS
07-03-2004, 11:49 PM
Hi,
I have a Longchamp that I use as my quick diaper bag. It's really not a "serious diaper bag" diaper bag, but I'm a big/tote bag person and I like it for just throwing my stuff and DD's stuff in for quick errands etc. I really wouldn't considerate to have any pockets... there is a small pocket inside that is big enough for a cell phone and lipstick and that's about it. I like it b/c it's lightweight and if you're throwing a lot of stuff it, it accomodates everything (b/c it's a soft material.. hard to explain). For example I took it to the mall the other day and picked up a few pairs of PJ's on sale for DD at the Gap. Afterwards, I just threw the whole Gap bag into the Longchamp along with everything else.

I mainly take it when I'm running out to the mall or other errands and will probably not be changing a diaper and definitely won't be feeding DD while we are out. I throw in one diaper and travel wipes, a burp cloth, a toy, my wallet, cellphone and sunglasses and we're off! I'm really not a big diaper bag person, but I've always loved big totes and since I have quite a few, they are mainly what I rely on to carry DD's stuff (other totes I also use are a Burryberry, a Gucci and 2 LVs). If we are going over to a friends house or something, I'll rely on a more traditional diaper bag with all the pockets and compartments.

This is the bag I have:
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=3009039&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1957561&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=41385&bmUID=1088909679310&DCLKSLOT=4

Mine might be a little bigger though b/c for some reason I think I remember it being $140 (this one is $125). I posted a link to Saks b/c the products page on the Longchamps website is a popup and you can't link it... When I was looking for my bag on Saks' site, I noticed a Longchamp Diaper Bag!!!!! I didn't realize they had one.. it says it has compartments etc, so maybe that is something you should check out. But it's pricier at $310:
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=2614951&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2226115&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=41385&bmUID=1088909804778&DCLKSLOT=10

Let me know if you want me to take pics of my bag (inside and out).. it would be no big deal..

HTH!

(excuse my horrible grammer in this post (I just read it over).. I'm tired and it's late.)

zuzu
07-04-2004, 09:40 PM
I have the Longchamp baby bag and like it, but it’s definitely not for one who needs a lot of pockets. I got mine last year, but it’s probably still the same design. It is made of a material different from their lightweight foldable nylon bags—it’s a little thicker, and slightly more structured, so the bag stands well on its own. It has comfortable leather straps, but no feet on the bottom. There are two full length zippered pockets—one outside and one on the inside. There are two other inside pockets—one for a bottle (although the Avent 9 oz size is a tight fit) and one with a tab snap closure that fits several diapers and a travel size wipes contrainer. The inside also has a long leather strap with a key clip and something I’m not sure I’d call a pocket; it’s more like a loop of material that can hold a larger bottle of sippy cup in place. It came with a large, thick changing pad and a useless bottle. It has a leather flap/snap closure and there are also side snaps. It is pretty big, and worked well when DD was a newborn and I toted around everything. I mainly use smaller diaper bags now, and actually started carrying this one to the office. It does not look at all like a diaper bag and has held up really well, showing no signs of wear after over a year of use. If you want me to take any measurements, or want any other info, let me know.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5.10.03)

sirensrise
07-04-2004, 10:35 PM
thanks so much for the info. that is the bag i am looking at. i like it because it does not look like a diaper bag. i should just go to the store and take a look in person, but it is a pain to go all the way to neimans, i dont know who carry them in store anyway. i am trying to decide if i can live with just a few pockets. thanks again.

zuzu
07-05-2004, 10:24 AM
You're welcome.
Hope you find a bag you like. :)

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5.10.03)