PDA

View Full Version : Really...How big is the Alpha7?

heatherlynn
07-03-2004, 11:04 PM
Hi,

I really like the organization of the Alpha7 and the fact that it's pretty classic looking and that you can wear it as a backpack. But from the pictures on the babyoliverboutique web site, it looks huge! Except for the one where she's wearing it as a backpack. The dimensions seem about the size of the skip hop, which I think is a nice size for me. Does anyone who has one think that the pictures are a realistic representation of its actual size? I'm having the hardest time deciding on a bag. I really like the timbuk2 and the skip hop also, but I like having the option of a backpack.

Ughhhh! What I think is so funny about this is that I'm sure I'll end up having 3 or 4 (just like my stroller quest - start out looking for one do-it-all stroller and now I've got 4 and one on the way!)

Help!

H-

heatherlynn
07-04-2004, 10:43 PM
Anyone? Or can someone just tell me how it compares in size to the skip hop? That's the only one I've seen IRL.

Thanks so much.

H-

murpheyblue2
07-04-2004, 11:56 PM
I think the Alpha is a good size. According to babyoliver, it's 12" x 11" x 4" deep. According to barebabies.com, the Skip Hop is 13" x 14" x 3" deep. So the Alpha 7 is a little smaller and deeper than the Skip Hop. The Skip Hop has a decidely flat look to it whereas the Alpha is boxier. They're both great bags.

lmariana
07-05-2004, 12:10 AM
The Alpha 7 is noticeably shorter and deeper than a Skip Hop. Although the dimensions of the Alpha 7 say it's only 1" deeper, I think it seems a lot deeper than the Skip Hop. It's definitely a nice, manageable size with a great capacity. I'll take some pictures tomorrow for you!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

heatherlynn
07-05-2004, 08:48 AM
Oh Mariana, pictures would be great! Just curious, but what do you keep in the 3 front pockets? They seem kind of small to put anything more than a cell phone. Also, can the side pockets hold a water bottle?

Sorry to be a pest, but I can't find anywhere here in Boston that has the Alpha. I tried many of the places that Fleurville's web site says has them, but every time I ask/call the store, they say they've never heard of them! Grrrr. I may just have to buy one online and return it if I don't like it. I'm going to try to find one in the black canvas so DH can use it, too, though it's funny because he's an ex-marine and an ex-fire fighter, but has absolutely no problem carrying a big flowery diaper bag if that's what I decided I wanted. He's the coolest!!

Thanks again. You're a sweetie!

H-