PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Timbuk2 bags...

Truska
07-04-2004, 04:42 PM
Can someone tell me/explain to me the main differences between these bags?

The Metro Mini
The Shortcut Bag
The Small Messenger Bag

If you have one, post about it please! Also, how did these become 'known' to be used as diaper bags?

Thanks!

Momof3Labs
07-04-2004, 06:48 PM
I've had the shortcut and the small messenger. The shortcut has a bulky waist strap (to make it a fanny pack) that tucks in the back and takes up half of the space in the bag. I thought it was a pretty useless bag, since I don't like the fanny pack option.

The small messenger bag is a nice size for half day to full day trips with a toddler. It isn't huge (which I like) but is big enough to fit diaper supplies, snacks, a few toys, a change of clothes, a sippy or straw cup, etc.

I love my small messenger as my every day diaper bag!!

Buzymommy5
07-04-2004, 07:42 PM
i'm with lori...i love my small messenger for everyday use :) i can really stuff it and love all the separate compartments. the one big zippered pocket in front also has 3 little compartments and key hook for mommy things. i can fit my big fat LV wallet, cosmetic bag, palm pilot, credit cards and keys in it. then,the main compartment has an additional zippered pocket( i put burp cloth in it) and 2 smaller pockets and a couple or 3 pen holders. in my main compartment, i'm able to fit my powder dispenser, 4 diapers, diaper wipe container, bottle, diaper dispenser, breastfeeding apron and lesportsac bag filled with extra clothes :) then theres the id pocket and extra pocket on front of bag underneath flap. also, having the phone holder and coin accessories pouch really helps save space. i love all the extra room this bag has. i use over shoulder with straps shortened or over my stroller handles. one thing no one seemed to mentioned about these bags is that when you adjust the strap on the side, the excess strap that you pull just forms a loop & hangs there on the side of your bag. didn't like at first but got use to it. hope that made sense?

don't have metro or shortcut, but great organizational compartments...probably better for toddlers since bag is smaller unless you carry very little.

chris

bubbaray
07-05-2004, 01:33 AM
I LOVE my Metro Mini!!!! I carry my cell phone, wallet, 4-5 size 2 diapers, wipes container, LandsEnd change pad (from my LE Updated Little Tripper), a baby hat, baby shirt, lipstick, calendar, keys, toy keys .... I really like that I can open the bag and see everything -- I couldn't do that with the Little Tripper. I am a very light packer and LOVE this bag. I don't think it would work with CDs though. I'm also EBFg, so no bottles or sippy cups to carry yet. There is a bottle pocket on the inside and also on the outside.

The El Ocho is HUGE and far to large for me to carry around as a diaper bag, except maybe on a road trip or something. I will probably be getting a PeeWee or small messenger when my baby is older and I need to carry more.

The Shortcut is similar to the Metro Mini, but the MM d/n have the waist strap and has slightly more room inside.

HTH
Melissa
Maya -- April 11, 2004

jpang
07-05-2004, 03:37 PM
Hi, Jenn,

We use also the Small Messenger Bag as our everyday bag. We usually carry 5-6 diapers, two wipe packets, a sweater, sunscreen, a couple of paper towels, a bib, and lunch for the baby (baby food jars, spoon, cheerios container, plastic plate) in this bag. It's very comfortable to wear. Both DH and I like it.

HTH

Smiles81
07-05-2004, 04:18 PM
Hi,
I have the small messenger and it is a nice size bag originally I thought it was a little too small but I can fit everything I need in it with room for last minute items. The strap is amazing and the adjustability (word?) is cool. It takes seconds to change it from shoulder lenght to a good stroller lenght.
In the front section of the bag I keep my wallet, cellphone, handcream, mini brush, lip gloss, keys, pacifier, baby socks, baby tylenol and other small things like that. (There are several pockets in the front) I love that there is a mommy section. In the big compartment I keep three diapers, wipes case, change of clothes, receiving blanket, bib, burp cloth, baby jacket, baby hat, baby formula, bottle, bottle of water. I can also fit a book (for me) and some other odds and ends. I have grown to really like this bag. HTH
Smiles

Truska
07-05-2004, 09:58 PM
From the sounds of it, this is what I'm looking for. I really like all of them, but the waist strap sort of turns me off the STB, and the SMB sounds just a bit big for what I want it for.

I appreciate the feedback, thank you!

bubbaray
07-07-2004, 01:55 AM
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8714.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8715.txt

The comparison bag is the LE Update Little Tripper.

HTH
Melissa

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8716.jpg

Truska
07-07-2004, 09:57 AM
Thank you SO much for posting the pictures! That's great, I was going to ask, but felt bad! I love the colour too!

jamierush
07-07-2004, 10:26 AM
I have the Metro as my daily bag and have loved it for about 2 months.

Here is what I can keep in it, during the week for daycare and after daycare trips in the afternoon

2-3 - Size 5 diapers
travel wipes.
short/tshirt
hat
small container with dry snack

in the inside mesh pocket:
small tylenol bottle
travel bugspray
travel hand lotion for me

in the inside pannel pocket:
some random coupons
folded Kroger bag and ziploc bag

In addition, to all of this I can fit 3 Platex sippy cups , which fills it up, but that is just for transport to daycare.

I will be getting a small messanger (which i believe is slightly bigger) for fall and winter, just b/c i will probably keep a legging and a sweatshirt in it and might want just a bit more room in the winter.