PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of Kecci Shang-hai bag in beige HTH

boys2enough
07-04-2004, 05:00 PM
My apology to folks who are tired of seeing one more post on Kecci bags. lol. I finally got my high speed internet back, and I also bought a beige Kecci from Nordstrom Rack today. So here is the link to see some more pics. I know how frustrating when you cannot see a bag that you are considering IRL. It does not help lessen the obsession. ;-) Hope these pics will help make people's decisions easier.

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EegOXLhuzctWGD

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif

priscilla73
07-04-2004, 05:25 PM
Lin

Thanks for posting the pics. The comparison ones were especially helpful in judging the size. Unfortunately, I can't see them IRL. It makes it hard, especially since we can't really just return them if it's not perfect.

The beige has a green interior. I didn't realize from Kecci's website that the green is so....green. LOL I was leaning more toward the beige since I'm kind've lazy and don't really like changing bags too much. Though I do have alot of bags to choose from nowadays.

I've recently bought the LE LT Updated and Old versions. And the LE Pink Stripe tote NQP. (I blame you! lol) Thanks for the tip...got a great deal on the Tote. It's QP to me for that price. I just love taking it to the pool.

Thanks again for sharing
Priscilla

JElaineB
07-04-2004, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the pics Lin, especially the comparison to the LE tote which I currently possess. It looks like the Kecci is quite a large bag! I really like the looks and features but since I'm seeking the perfect medium size bag I think I'm not going to end up getting it. :(

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

sirensrise
07-04-2004, 10:40 PM
hi lin
just wondering how do you like the asian on asian look? i am asian too, love the bag, but dont know how it would look on me. is it wearable ? thanks

khakismom
07-05-2004, 12:11 PM
Lin, thank you, thank you for all the great pictures. You have solidified my decision--I'm getting the beige. :)

toomanystrollers
07-05-2004, 12:21 PM
I have the same one Lin - love it :)

emmiem
07-05-2004, 01:04 PM
I don't think you should veer away from asian prints just because you are Asian. If you love it, wear it. I have a Guatemalan daughter and we put guatemalan fabrics on her as well as some asian inspired pieces.
Michele

boys2enough
07-06-2004, 02:57 PM
You are very welcome ladies. Glad to be of help for once, was feeling kind of guilty of only asking questions on the board. you know what I mean. :)

And yes, you are also welcome to tell your DH that it is all my fault. lol.

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

boys2enough
07-06-2004, 03:33 PM
>hi lin
>just wondering how do you like the asian on asian look? i am
>asian too, love the bag, but dont know how it would look on
>me. is it wearable ? thanks

I've been thinking about this long and hard, the main reason why I haven't ordered the bag yet. Just need to premise my answer to your question by saying that I know there are quite a few people of Asian descent on the board, and my answer in no way represents the "collective" POV nor do I intend to offend anybody, and that yes, I should not worry about how people think of me, but oftentimes that is easier said than done, that my answers largely fall into gross generalization because of time and space constraint, and that NO, I am not ashamed of my cultural heritage.

I personally would feel very uncomfortable wearing a piece of Asian-style clothing. I came from a soceity where not many people wear "traditional" clothing any more unless A. you are the general's or diplomat's wife B. you are Gong Li C. you are at your own wedding banquet D. you are a Maitre 'D at a Chinese restaurant. ;-)

That was at home. Here I also have to take into consideration of all the preconceived notions and stereotypes people have about Asians, esp. Asian women. In my "imagination," Asian chic works for Euro-American women: the style makes them look cosmopolitan, worldly and sophisticated, whereas on me, the style may indicate to others that I am traditional and all the other trappings that come with it.

That being said, this is after all just a bag. I am sure with the right outfit and attitude (and the oppotunity to demonstrate my ability to speak English properly with no heavy accent :P "tongue in cheek"), I can wear it without any fear of further stereotyping myself.

Sorry if my answer depresses you. I think too much, as usual. Can't be helped: I spent too many years studying Asian American stereotypes and identities and it has become a reflex. lol.

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

boys2enough
07-06-2004, 03:33 PM
sorry.