PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have the Kecci bag in chartreuse? Can you post a picture?

Twin Mom
07-05-2004, 11:07 PM
I'm trying to decide between the beige and chartreuse. In other words whether I am getting a bag now or waiting until the chartreuse comes in whenever that is. I really don't love the textured looking pattern on the beige, otherwise I would probably order it now. I was hoping someone could post a picture of the chartreuse so I can confirm that I will be happy with that color. I know it's not available yet in the co-op so hopefully someone picked it up at Nordstrom Rack already.

TIA.
Aileen

Momof3Labs
07-05-2004, 11:58 PM
I don't have the Chartreuse but I've seen it in person. I didn't like it at all, though I like the color shown on the website. In person, I remember it to be a very bright, almost grass green. Not the light olivey shade on their website.

essnce629
07-06-2004, 03:30 AM
Lori-- What other colors have you seen in person? Are the ones you saw all different then what's shown on their website? I like the Charteuse a lot on their website also, but definately not if it's a bright green. On their website it looks like the green charteuse is the same color green as the piping on the beige one. And if the piping matches the inside color then is the charteuse the same color as the beige interior in the pictures I posted below? It is pretty bright :(. What about the mint green? Was it you that said it was more like aqua? Would it go well with jeans then if it has more of a blue tint to it. I don't like the navy and I hate wearing anything that's black.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8649.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8650.jpg

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03

Momof3Labs
07-06-2004, 11:33 AM
Latia, I've seen the chartreuse, black, red and beige. Not the navy or mint green. I'd say that the chartreuse is pretty close to the green interior of the beige bag above - and that is pretty bright IMO.

SteelerFan
07-06-2004, 12:29 PM
I just emailed Tracy about back ordering the chartreuse, but my oldest DD liked the red, I thought it looked too bright. I don't want a very bright green bag, though. Any thoughts? Thanks

Amy

swan01
07-06-2004, 12:32 PM
I just emailed Tracy also! She said that the Red would be available in late July and the chartreuse would be available in late September. I think I am now leaning towards the black...

Momof3Labs
07-06-2004, 01:24 PM
I thought that the black was absolutely gorgeous - very striking with the red contrast. It would be my pick if I liked a bigger bag like this!

icunurse
07-06-2004, 06:06 PM
I just received my bag today....had to order it from Marshall Field's, but dear brother works there and gets a discount :) I think the color looks a tiny bit darker IRL than in my pic. As only a mommy can, I wanted people to have a reference, so I used the bright lime green of the Baby Einstein duck and the dark green of my LE bottle holder. Hope this helps!
Traci
~Connor's Mom~

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8694.jpg

peasprout
07-06-2004, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the picture! Were you happy with the color? Is it similar IRL to the picture on the website?

SteelerFan
07-06-2004, 06:34 PM
Now all we need is someone to have seen the red one to tell us if it's way to bright--my oldest DD wants me to buy the red one and I'm trying to say to her how beautiful the green one is!

Amy

icunurse
07-06-2004, 07:07 PM
I think my pic and the one on the website look pretty much the same, so I would think that if you like either picture, you wouldn't be disappointed. I was a bit nervous to open the box after reading the bright lime-green comparison, but I don't think it is that color at all (hence, the lime-green duck head comparison). It seems to have plenty of room for everything that I need and I like that it will also fit me as a messenger bag. We'll have to see how it holds up in the future, but, right now, I'm a happy girl :)
Traci
~Connor's Mom~

essnce629
07-06-2004, 08:51 PM
Ok, I just called my Nordstrom Rack and although they were out of stock the super nice sales woman told me she'd contact me as soon as they got in their next shipment. She didn't know when that would be though. She said they had immediately sold out of their 1st and 2nd shipment. Yay, I hope they get them in soon so I can finally see some IRL. I suggest everyone else should do the same so you won't have to keep making trips back and forth only to be dissappointed.

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel

Twin Mom
07-06-2004, 11:35 PM
Thank you for posting the picture Traci. I really appreciate it. I definitely don't think it is as bright as the lining on the beige bag, but unfortunately I still can't decide which one to get. I guess my decision will really be whether or not I want to wait until September...

Aileen

swan01
07-07-2004, 03:48 PM
Traci:

Did you order it on-line? I can't find it on the Marshall Field's website. Thanks!

> I just received my bag today....had to order it from
>Marshall Field's, but dear brother works there and gets a
>discount :) I think the color looks a tiny bit darker IRL
>than in my pic. As only a mommy can, I wanted people to have a
>reference, so I used the bright lime green of the Baby
>Einstein duck and the dark green of my LE bottle holder. Hope
>this helps!
>Traci
>~Connor's Mom~
>
>
>
>http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8694.jpg
>

icunurse
07-07-2004, 03:53 PM
Nope....actually called the stores. If you live around Chicago, when I last checked, they still had them at the Marshall Field's in Schaumburg and at Fox Valley (Aurora). Also, The Right Start stores have them and then one in Naperville had one, too (they were the same price as M.F.'s, but there's a 10% off coupon on the web site if you can make it to the store). Hope this helps!

Traci
~Connor's Mom~

masetane
07-07-2004, 09:39 PM
If you are near a Buy Buy Baby they have this color. I was in teh Scarsdale store today and they had a whole bunch on the shelves. Maybe you could call? They also do store transfers I think.
caroline