PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use an Ella-bag as a purse?

lmladuke
07-06-2004, 07:29 AM
I am thinking maybe I will order one of the purses from Ella - but am wondering if anyone uses an Ella-purse, which size you got and what your thoughts are on it. I want a decent size, but don't want to feel like I am carrying a big tote. Is the caroline too big? I thought the Georgie was cute - but want a strap to go over my shoulder (I think)

Would love to hear people's opinions on these bags as a purse - and would love to see pictures too.

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan 7/27/01
and to Baby Girl EDD 7/31/04

MichelleRC
07-06-2004, 08:54 AM
Lori, I just got the Ella purse I ordered for my mother. I can't remember which size (I think 12" across the top, about 6 or 7" across the bottom and maybe 7" high, or something like that). It has tote handles and I added a zipper and the feet on the bottom.
I got her the cabana stripe earth with a tan bottom and interior and cranberry piping. It is so cute!!
The heavier interfacing makes it nice and sturdy.
She loves it and is already using it (otherwise I would take a picture).
I would say go for it!

lmariana
07-06-2004, 09:18 AM
I'm going to get an Ella purse. I chose the Madeline style, but I haven't decided on a fabric yet. That purse is about 12" long, 6" high and 3" deep. I think it will look really cool. :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

khakismom
07-06-2004, 11:38 AM
Elle Bags created a special size for me a few months ago--a bucket bag with small carrying handles--that I use as a purse. It's awesome!! I will definitely be ordering my fall purse during the co-op--probably the Josie or Dawn size.

mlewis
07-06-2004, 03:00 PM
I have an Ella purse in the Georgie style. If I were to do it again, I would have gone with an extra 1-2 inches in strap length. You can wear it on your shoulder, but it really should have a slightly longer strap. I really enjoy it - and I love the 3 pockets inside. They are a perfect fit for my cell phone, wallet, and my compact and lipstick.

parkersmama
07-07-2004, 02:26 PM
I have a Caroline bag that I use as a purse. I also bought one at the same time for my mother and we both love them. My only complaint is that they are a touch tall for my needs meaning there is a lot of unused space at the top of the bag.

Mine has 6 pockets-3 elastic, 3 regular. That's a good combo but it would be just as good or better to have all elastic. I use the pockets for lipsticks/compact, cell phone, sunglasses, pen, business cards picked up here and there, and gum/mints. Wallet and checkbook go in the big middle space. I have a snap key loop (can't remember...it might be called a pacifier loop) that always keeps my keys handy.

The reason that I got the slightly bigger Caroline over other bags is that I wanted all the pockets. If they give the option for a smaller bag with more pockets, that would be my choice.

The Caroline bag is bigger than some of the purses that I carry but it is not huge by any means. It's a nice size and definitely looks like a purse rather than a huge tote. I know that some have it as a diaper bag but it would never be big enough to be a regular diaper bag for me.

HTH!

lmladuke
07-07-2004, 04:18 PM
Hi Denise:

Right now I am torn between the georgie and the caroline. Aimee and Andrea said they think the georgie will fit all I carry. They also said they can make the caroline a bit shorter than the regular length - which might eliminate the unused space you mentioned in your post.

Thanks for your feedback.

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan 7/27/01
and to Baby Girl EDD 7/31/04

pixelprincess
07-12-2004, 11:53 AM
I like the idea of the Ella as a purse. I can't seem to find the Madeline style on the site. Does anyone else have trouble navigating the site? The buttons don't seem to respond when I click on them. It may be my browser (Safari) too.

thanks!

lmariana
07-12-2004, 12:39 PM
:) Yeah, it's a Safari thing. Here's the link to the Madeline... http://ella-bags.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Madeline&Category_Code=

I can't decide what fabric to go with though...(my eternal dilemma)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003