PDA

View Full Version : Newest Landsend Do it all v. Loom Marsupial

sueprinter
07-06-2004, 01:26 PM
Can Someone compare the new Land End Do It all, with the straps and the Loom? Does it make since to have both?

Let me start with: I love my Loom, and it travels great. But for the longest time, I wanted a Lands End Do it All as my "airplane" bag. I have an 18 month old DD and a 5 year old DS. Both travel with sippy cups, extra set of clothes. Both need snacks, DD needs diapers, wipes, bib. DS has some medical issues, and I usually have to take lots of meds for him on trips plus his hearing aids, batteries etc. Last trip I carried my loom and a Jeep Diaper Bag. The Jeep bag is pretty big, and it contained the meds and snacks. I would love just one carry on, but the Loom doesnt carry it all, and neither does the Jeep.

Do you think the Lands End would be sufficient for all my stuff. I love the fact it now has the long straps for over the shoulder, and it has tons of pockets. (I dont like back packs). Can Someone compare the new Land End Do It all, with the straps and the Loom? Does it make since to have both? Any help would be appreciated.

PS. Sorry I was so lengthly.

sueprinter
07-08-2004, 01:22 PM
Still hoping for a response to my diaper bag dilemma (really hoping for an excuse to buy more stuff). Anyway, I starting thinking about the mothership too, but I dont think it has as may inside pockets like the Landsend. Is the mothership much bigger than the landsend Do it All? I wish I had a place where I could see both, but I live in DEEP South Texas, and no shops around here have them. Thanks again.

sbjf
07-08-2004, 01:40 PM
I can't comment on the LE b/c I do not have it, but I thought of this bag after reading your post...http://www.onestepahead.com/product/27211/479/117.html

Maybe that will hold your stuff?

masetane
07-08-2004, 01:45 PM
I havent seen a Lands End bag but I bought the Mothership for just that reason - travel with 2 kids. Too big for me for an every day bag. Someone posted here with pics on the Lands end so hopefully it will come up in a search
caroline

zuzu
07-08-2004, 05:02 PM
Sorry, I can't compare the two for you. I had ordered a DIA before they added the new strap(s), but returned it because we wanted longer straps. For overnight trips and plane travel, we use this bag from Eddie Bauer: http://tinyurl.com/2gmrs

It's really lightweight (which the DIA wasn't) and durable and holds a ton. It has lots of inside and outside pockets and we've been really pleased with it, especially as a carry on bag. I also have a Loom and like the size of it a lot, but agree that it's too small to travel with.

And yes, it makes perfect sense to have a bag for travelling, especially if it will make the trip any easier for you! :)

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5.10.03)

gcampbell72
08-11-2004, 03:25 AM
Sorry I can't help with a comparison to the Loom, but I just got a Lands End DIA (with the longer straps) for airplane travel and it is a dream come true. The bag is a bit heavy, but the convenience for travel more than makes up for it. The huge selling point for me is the wide opening at the top of the bag. I can keep the bag wide open under the seat in front of me on the plane and easily access all of my gear during the flight. I highly recommend this bag for air travel!

Cathy

jerseygirl07067
08-11-2004, 11:53 AM
I am debating the Lands End one versus a Timbuk2 for airline travel. Can you wear the Lands End Do it all messenger style on a taller person? I am 5'8" and DH is 5'10". I originally ordered the updated Do It All and liked it except for the lack of shoulder straps.

Marcy