PDA

View Full Version : timbuk2 owners - small or medium?

Melanie
07-06-2004, 10:06 PM
One will be for a diaper (cloth)/toddler (read: snacks, change of clothes, endless toys) bag, and one for a "briefcase" for Dh & his laptop (fairly small...a few years old).

What do you think? I played with the small at REI, and was pretty convinced of it for me, but I can never make up my mind of course. Dh's will need to hold his laptop (and laptop sleeve), miscellaneous papers, CDs/DVDs, pen, etc. sometimes a school book or spiral. He doesn't carry a ton (he's a techie, not a lawyer or teacher - LOL), his current bag is this style, though not quite packed that full:

http://www.buyonlinenow.com/images/fullsize/EB983058.gif

Thank you wise ones!

Smiles81
07-06-2004, 11:52 PM
For a diaper bag, I think a small is big enough. I fit all my newborn necessities, though I don't CD. I fit, 3-4 diapers, wipes case, receiving blanket (instead of changing pad) jacket, bib, hat, burpcloth, bottle, water bottle, formula, change of clothes. Then I can also throw in some other things I need, like (tonight I went swimming at my moms so took bathing suit, pair of socks etc. In the front I fit all my pocket book stuff as well as baby odds and ends, like baby tylenol, paci etc. Its a great size bag!!
I'm going to school this year and may get a medium but am not sure. HTH
Smiles

Melanie
07-07-2004, 02:29 AM
Thank you! I should probably go with small, especially b/c I think he will potty learn soon.

I wonder about the medium for my hubby, though..

jamierush
07-07-2004, 10:30 AM
I would definitely go with the small for you as a toddler bag.

I am getting a medium for my work bag and another medium for the man to use as his "stuff bag".

Sorry, posted to soon... Your list of what you hubby carries is exactly what I carry for the most part, I am in sales, and it will be the perfect size for me.

Melanie
07-07-2004, 12:09 PM
Thanks jamie! I just need to make sure his laptop will fit the sleeve that fits the medium bag.

Momof3Labs
07-07-2004, 12:23 PM
I have both a small and a medium, and the medium is HUGE - much too big for the items that you say your DH carries, IMO...

laurajaney
07-07-2004, 01:09 PM
Do you have a divider in your bag? Is it useful?

Thanks!
Laura
DS 3/02
DS 4/04

Twin Mom
07-07-2004, 02:08 PM
I don't have either bag, but want one and am debating the divider as well. Here is a thread you might find helpful.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=2771&mode=full

Aileen

jpang
07-07-2004, 02:22 PM
The small for your diaper bag definitely.

For your DH, it depends on the size of laptop he has. If it's a smaller, more lightweight one, I'd definitely go for the small messenger bag. The medium one felt huge, and I'd worry that things would kind of knock around in there. He sounds like he doesn't carry that much. I'm a techie, too, and I'd definitely use the smaller bag if I were too carry it for work.

JMO.

Momof3Labs
07-07-2004, 03:06 PM
Neither of my bags have dividers; I got them cheap at www.sierratradingpost.com and dividers aren't offered. I don't miss the divider a bit on the small bag, but it would probably be handy on the medium bag.

laurajaney
07-07-2004, 03:52 PM
Am I nuts, but I want a medium (with divider, you've convinced me). Not so much for my daily bag, but for my "family outing" bag. When DH and I leave the house with a toddler and a newborn, even if we are just going for a couple of hours, we have an insane amount of STUFF! It would be nice if we could get it all in one bag. It takes so long to load all the bags (and the kids) into the car. I don't think I am such a crazy heavy packer; before the baby was born, I had downsized to a large purse. Those smalls just look so neatly and compactly packed. (I wish...).

Laura
DS 3/02
DS 4/04