PDA

View Full Version : Mothership on sale for 89.00 with 20 % off!!!

mommieo5
07-06-2004, 11:11 PM
My right start in the bridgewater commons mall in NJ had the indigo mothership for 89.00 with an extra 20% off fabulous deal ! I did not get one as ot is a bit bulky for me HTH someone looking for one

Erika600
07-06-2004, 11:31 PM
Is "My Right Start" the name of the store? I'm sorta familiar with the Bridgewater Commons mall, but I don't think I've ever heard of that store. But what a deal!

lilarkk
07-06-2004, 11:36 PM
the name of the store is 'the right start' and i believe that it's on the campus (3rd) level of the mall. i'm trying to recall where exactly, but i always get the bloomingdales and macys ends of the mall mixed up. hth!

mommieo5
07-06-2004, 11:47 PM
the store is " the right start" I said "my" because it is near me they also have the green and red kecci bags just so you can take a peek at them IRL HTH

mommieo5
07-06-2004, 11:49 PM
on the 3rd level

Erika600
07-06-2004, 11:54 PM
Thanks so much! I may have to take a trip to the Bridgewater mall to check it out!! :)

aidansmommy
07-07-2004, 12:08 AM
Erika600--Can I go with you? I might like a Mothership to add to my own collection!

masetane
07-07-2004, 12:53 AM
neat - I am really enjoying mine and maybe I can get one for my sister. Did they have a lot of them??? It would be a big drive out there for me...
caroline

sbjf
07-07-2004, 07:08 PM
But thanks for the tip!!!!!!!! I am happy to report that I just got off the phone with The Right Start in Bridgewater and they are shipping the Mothership to me tomorrow!!!! Yeah, baby!!

The bag itself was $71 and change plus $10 and change to ship it to me. I think that is an awesome deal! I couldn't pass it up.

I actually went in the bathroom to make the order so dh wouldn't hear me, how sick is that?! I'm nuts I tell you! But the color is right, I wanted either white or indigo so that it would be neutral enough for year round usage so it was the perfect match!

Anyway, thanks again, I'm so happy to be a Fleurville owner finally!

Now my stash includes:

Loom Marsupial in red w/matching Watermelon clutch.
Baby Sherpa Backpack in black.
Free Similac bag in black. (this is dh's favorite, it's 'his') (I use the bottle holder regularly in my Marsupial).
Fleurville Mothership in indigo.

By the way, the main reason I justified the purchase of the Mothership was because when I put my Maya sling in the Marsupial it's too tight a fit, so there..........LOL :-)

Edited to add: By the way, as of 6pm est on 7/7 there is now only one left at this store.

masetane
07-07-2004, 09:34 PM
What a riot - I am doing crazy things for diaper bag purchases too! I sold a bunch of stuff on ebay so I could use that money to get bags. I bought the Indigo from a member here and I am just thrilled with it. I loved so many of the colors and when I first got it the Lime Bingo came out and I wanted that. But now I am keeping the indigo - it works for me all year! Which ones did they have at Right Start? I have the navy with the white top stitching but they stopped making it and now they make it with brown piping and interior. I about freaked when I saw the price you got! I got an amazing deal but I wanted another just to get the great price! ha ha Enjoy your bag!
caroline

sbjf
07-07-2004, 09:46 PM
hmm, I have no idea what piping mine will have, I bought it sight unseen over the phone. I had seen one in real life at a store near me a while back but I can't recall what the piping was like and I didn't know there was any variations out there. They both sound good to me!

Glad to hear you like yours...........hmmm, what can I hoc on ebay???

masetane
07-07-2004, 09:50 PM
I belive www.kidsnstyle.com has a pic of the new indigo. click on the bag and scroll down to the new pics (I think they are just close ups and not of the whole bag itself)
caroline

Erika600
07-07-2004, 10:28 PM
A BIG thank you for telling us about this deal! My sister and I went up to the Bridgewater Commons mall and we each bought one for $71.30!
I had really been wanting a Mothership for those times when I need to bring more things than usual. And my favorite two colors were the Indigo Denim and the White Corduroy. I had just convinced myself that I really didn't need a bag quite so big...then I read about that deal!
When I called to see if they still had any in stock, she said she had just gotten off the phone with someone in CA! Both my sister and I are keeping these newly acquired bags "our little secret" for a while.
The bag has white stitching on it and the interior is navy. It looked like there was one left when we got there around 6:30 tonight.

Thanks again!

masetane
07-07-2004, 10:32 PM
YEAH!!! I get pretty worked up with such great deals! Too bad it's like a 40 minute drive for me or else I would go pick up the last one and sell it on ebay or something! Why are they selling them so cheap by the way??? ONly one I have ever seen on sale is the Orange Cord at Hanna Anderson (in White Plains and it is still there) fo rjust under $120
caroline

Erika600
07-07-2004, 10:42 PM
Do you think I'm nuts for driving an hour away to get the Mothership? Because that's what we did! I'm so happy with the bag though. I really don't know why they are selling them at such a low price. We didn't even think to ask the sales lady, we were just so excited! I am such a sucker for a good deal! :)

masetane
07-07-2004, 10:47 PM
Heck no - I Live in Scarsdale, NY and I would have driven out there!! I drive over to Paramus to check out bags b/c they have a great Fleurville selection!! I'm notorious for doing things like that - I am also really picky so if anything has a ding or mark, I exchange it (I don't use it prior though). My husband calls me obsessed if I do exchanges but I just want things perfect. Right now I made a rip in the foam handle of my NEW Bob stroller. It's not that big of a deal but I am getting the whole thing fixed so that it's perfect. Sigh - as fun as it can be sometimes its exhausting!! :)
caroline

sbjf
07-07-2004, 11:13 PM
Are you sure she said she just got off the phone with someone in CA? Because I'm sure, based on the timing, that it was ME she had just gotten off of the phone with and I'm in GA! It was about 6pm or so est, I bought it over the phone and at that time there was only ONE left in the store AFTER my purchase. I think I'll call there in the morning to make sure she mails it to the correct address/state!!! She was working by herself (name was Anna) and so she was in a bit of a tizzy.

Erika600
07-07-2004, 11:43 PM
I'm 99% sure she said it was CA. But the time that I called the store was about 12:30 in the afternoon. At that time, the woman (I want to say her name was Kathy) said that there were four left. Then she made some kind of comment like, "Wow, I've been getting all kinds of phone calls for these bags...I just got off the phone with someone from California...". By the time we got to the store at 6:00 pm, it looked like she had one left which was sitting under the counter (probably on hold or already sold). So that one which was left, the two that my sister and I bought, plus the one that you got would equal the four that she said she had! But just to be on the safe side, I'd call again tomorrow just to confirm that she has the correct address. I've had some pretty bad experiences with various companies shipping diaper bags to me, so I'd definitely call just to put your mind at ease.

sbjf
07-07-2004, 11:49 PM
OH! Ok, if you spoke to Kathy around 12:30 then that was not me at all. I had called at 6pm, so I'm sure all is correct. And that makes sense, you seeing only one left at 6:30, that's exactly what I had heard too, after I placed my order one was left. I'll still call to confirm tomorrow, thanks!! Gee, and I thought I was the only nut calling Bridgewater from out of state for that bag!

Erika600
07-07-2004, 11:54 PM
No, you're certainly not the only nut! My sister and I dropped everything and took a spontaneous road trip to get them. And apparently they're shipping them cross-country, so we are clearly in good company! Seriously, what IS it about nice diaper bags??

priscilla73
07-08-2004, 12:18 AM
Hi ladies...To answer your question about who called from California. IT WAS ME!!! I called first thing this morning. She had 3 at the time. I decided not to buy one considering I'd have to pay $10 for shipping. But I forgot that I wouldn't have to pay tax! DUH! I believe she said that The Right Start has discontinued that color.

Double DUH! I would have to pay sales tax. The no tax only applies if the store hasn't established an office in your state.

I just got off the phone w/ The Right Start and the Indigo has been discontinued at all stores for the same price. Apparently the Indigo did not do well. The clerk says she can't figure out why because it's a great color!

Okay, if I don't get one, I'm going to seriously regret it, aren't I???? What to do, what to do! My dh will freak. I really need to stop checking this board. It's full of bargains...but it's stuff I don't need! I've retired from stroller buying but now I'm addicted to diaper bags that cost almost as much as a darn stroller.

masetane
07-08-2004, 12:40 AM
This story has been so great to follow! First, Fleurville did not discontinue the color - they just changed the white top stitching to brown piping and interior. I don't know why it is not selling well - it's such a great color. The only thing I don't like about it opposed to bags such as the pink stripe and blue chocolate is that because it is a dark color - it looks really, really shiny. I would guess a turn off to some. I do like the less shine look of the blue chocolate but the denim is a no brainer year round color in my opinion.
caroline

priscilla73
07-08-2004, 12:55 AM
Well I just got off the phone with The Right Start in Washington. What a nice sales clerk. She was so helpful, even offerred to measure the bag for me. I think that it will most likely be too big for my everyday needs. But I'd like to have it for all day excursions and vacations. The Indigo Denim looks like a versatile color. And hey, if I don't like it, I can always Ebay like someone else said. Hmm, if dh sees it, I'll have to tell him it's for me to Ebay. LOL

Caroline, after reading your post about how picky you are, I thought OMG, that is ME! I did remember to ask her to check my bag for no scratches, changing pad, etc. She said it's still in the plastic. Like you, I like to keep my things in excellent condition. Otherwise, it would just drive me crazy. I can't even loan any of my baby things out just for that reason. I'd rather just give it away than to expect it back in perfect condtion.

priscilla73
07-08-2004, 01:00 AM
Thank you, Mommieo5 for letting us know about this great deal! I'm having mine shipped to me. My total cost is $89.32. But, I don't think my dh will be too thrilled.

erbono
07-08-2004, 04:49 PM
You can get this deal at any Right Start store and have it shipped to you!!! I just called and ordered one from a Houston store (I live in Austin) and it was $71.98 + shipping!!!! Woohoo!!! Go to www.rightstart.com to see all the locations.

I hope I love this bag! The person posting about fitting a sling in the bag is the one that pushed me to buy it. Otherwise I thought it would be too large. But with a toddler and baby on the way I think it will be great!

Erica

Jen516
07-08-2004, 06:21 PM
Crap! I just saw this post and called the store by me in PA and they have none left! :( Maybe I should start calling around the country! lol

Jen

Jen516
07-08-2004, 06:29 PM
YAY! I just ordered the denim one from the NJ store. $89 like you guys said! The nice thing is that the return policy is the same on clearance items, so if I don't want it, I can return it to the store near me within 30 days! I am SO EXCITED! Thanks for letting me know about this!!!

Jen

masetane
07-08-2004, 06:52 PM
I guess the last one under the counter was meant for you! I was nosey and called the stores in Ct and they no longer have any more. I wonder if they are discontinuing altogether - did they used to carry a lot of Fleurville? I never paid attention - I can barely remember what I used for my first??? I know I had a Nine West backpack but I am at a loss after that.
caroline

Erika600
07-08-2004, 08:43 PM
Other than the few denim Motherships they had left, I didn't see any other Fleurville bags at all...I wonder if they are not carrying Fleurville anymore. Anyways, I'm glad to see lots of us are getting in on this great bargain!

Smiles81
07-08-2004, 09:15 PM
Where do they have fleurvilles in paramus. TIA
Smiles81

masetane
07-08-2004, 09:37 PM
Denny's Children's Wear on Ridgewood Ave/Rt 17. Also a place right next by in Ridgewood and Westwood. I got the names of these places from the Fleurville website. Hope that helps!
caroline

murpheyblue2
07-08-2004, 11:40 PM
I called my local Right Start (Walnut Creek, CA) to see if they had this bag in stock and they did. She told me it was $89.97 with 20% off. So I left work a tad early (shh, don't tell my boss) and went to get one. I truly need to be medicated because I am buying diaper bags compulsively. Thank God I don't think I can pull off an Asian print bag or they would have to come and get me.

Anyway, the sales clerk gave me 30% off - $62.98!! What a deal! I

BTW, she has 5 more in stock if anyone wants one and doesn't want to call random Right Starts looking for them.

masetane
07-08-2004, 11:47 PM
Argh - you all have to stop posting b.c I am getting jealous!! :) I got an awesome deal from someone for $105 shipped but bargains like that really get my boat floating! You should buy one and sell it on ebay. Someone just sold a used one for $90. Which navy did you get - the old with white stitching or the new with chocolate piping?? Just curious - still wonder why they are marking these so low - did she say??
caroline

Truska
07-08-2004, 11:48 PM
>>Anyway, the sales clerk gave me 30% off - $62.98!! What a
>deal! I
>
>BTW, she has 5 more in stock if anyone wants one and doesn't
>want to call random Right Starts looking for them.

I MUST have one...I've been watching this thread since this morning...for that price, wow!

Anyone know if they'll ship to Canada? Or even their phone number (oh, I can't call now, Dh will know and kill me [and it's 11pm here!]...maybe I'll cross my fingers that they'll have on in the morning?!?!?! Man!

Thanks for posting this though!

mamicka
07-09-2004, 06:19 PM
Is the 20% just a temporary sale their having? or is there a coupon?

murpheyblue
07-09-2004, 06:23 PM
There isn't a coupon that you need to get the sale price. I don't think that the sale price is for a limited time. It seems to me that they are selling off their stock of Motherships for this price. I don't know if they're planning to restock. I origiannly though this price only applied to the indigo Mothership but the gal at my store said they were selling the pink ones for the same price but she didn't have anymore.

bubbaray
07-09-2004, 09:47 PM
Jenn, the WA stores will ship to Canada, but the CA stores (Walnut Creek at least) won't.

I don't understand why some stores have 30% off and others only 20%. Not that I'm complaining, b/c both are good deals.

I'm debating whether to get one.... I need another bag like I need a hole in my head....

Melissa

Gayletmomto4
07-09-2004, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the scoop! This price got me off the fence on the Mothership.

I got mine this morning for $72 plus $8 shipping. I went to the website, looked up the TX stores (closest to me) and they had it at the first one I tried (Post Oak). Can't wait to get it!

Truska
07-09-2004, 10:08 PM
This is exactly me...I'm having trouble passing up the deal though! Any idea why the CA stores won't (I take it you called?)? That stinks, at least we knew they had them!

Thanks Melissa!

coloradomom
07-10-2004, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the heads up!!! I just ordered mine today!!!! Yeah. If anyone still wants one the Right Start in Cherry Creek Mall in Denver Co has 5 more left as of last night.
I sure hope that I will like it!! But like a pp said I could always return it in 30 days.

bubbaray
07-10-2004, 07:27 PM
I just phoned the closest Right Start to me and purchased the Indigo Mothership for 30% off the $89 sale price -- with taxes, $68.57. Had to talk to the Asst. Manager and tell her that the CA stores were selling them at 30% off, not 20% off like elsewhere. She sold it to me at 30% off.

Now, I just have to pack up the baby, grab our passports, cross the border, drive 2.5 hrs (each way!) and I'll have my bag. DH thinks I've lost my mind!

Oh, and always thought the Mothership was too much bag for me. But this is such a great deal that I'll happily drive to another country to get it! I DEFINITELY have a bag fetish, lol!! :)

Melissa
-- who, once she has the Mothership and T2 small messenger from the current Timbuk 2 co-op will have TWELVE flippin' diaper bags (for a 3 month old baby!!!) HELP!!!!!!

masetane
07-10-2004, 07:40 PM
Coming to the US to get it?? 12....did you say 12 diaper bags??????? You do me proud! :) Can you list out which the 12 bags are? I'm just so curious!! I have 3:Mothership, Alpha 7 and a Little Tripper
caroline

bubbaray
07-10-2004, 07:54 PM
Yup, I am! But apparently I can't count -- its 11, not 12. Smack me!

OK, here goes: LE Updated LT, LE Short Tote, LE Deluxe Backpack, Baglady Original (like an Ella bag, only made in Canada), Skip Hop, T2 Metro Mini, T2 Medium Messenger (El Ocho), Similac US bag, Similac Canadian bag. Plus, the T2 Small Messenger to be ordered via coop and the Mothership. The 12th was the LE Updated DIA, but I sent that back (no shoulder strap!).

DH just shakes his head and hopes that DD isn't like me! :)

M

shay
07-12-2004, 04:45 PM
Hi all -- Just got back from the Walnut Creek, California Right Start and they have 3 denim left at 30% off the 89.00 sale price. The 30% off should be good in all states -- it's 20% off plus 10% off for signing up for the mailing list. Hope this helps someone!
Shay

kelly ann
07-12-2004, 07:38 PM
Thanks Shay for the update...that helps my addiction, but not my wallet! I went ahead and ordered one because I just can't get this deal out of my head. Now I just have to get pregnant with baby #2 so I can justify this bag. It should be here by Friday so I have 4 days to get pregnant :P

Rhonda36
07-13-2004, 11:02 AM
Whew, I was on vacation last week and thought I missed this. I just ordered one from a store in CT -- they have 4 or 5 left. Couldn't talk her into the 30% discount, but 20% is still a good deal. She said that the $89 is 30% off, then it's another 20% off for clearance.

So you mama's who got 30% off should be really proud of yourselves!

priscilla73
07-13-2004, 11:35 AM
I ordered mine from a Washington State store and I'm in Cali (why? because I was paranoid that I'd miss out and they were the only Right Start open at 9:15 pm!) I paid almost 9% sales tax, too. But I was happy that I even got it at all. Little did I know, there was no real shortage. Anyways, I got the 20% off. I just received my bag yesterday. (YAH!) Just for the heck of it, I called the store and explained to them that "all my friends" are buying them and receiving 30% off, not just 20%. I told her which store (specifically Walnut Creek, CA) and provided her (gee, I'm so helpful!) with the phone number. I suggested that she call and verify. She did and happily gave me an adjustment, which turned out to be around $10. So, in essence, it covered my $10 shipping charge. Just a suggestion. It took me all of 2 minutes to save myself $10. Go for it.

Priscilla

pixelprincess
07-13-2004, 02:07 PM
For those of you that got a 30% off in Walnut Creek, CA...

I just called the store and they are holding one for me. although, the lady tells me it is 20% off, not 30%. how did you get the 30% off at the store. I am going to drive out there to get the bag this am...

they have one more left if anyone wants it.

thnx.

murpheyblue
07-13-2004, 02:21 PM
From Shay above:

"Hi all -- Just got back from the Walnut Creek, California Right Start and they have 3 denim left at 30% off the 89.00 sale price. The 30% off should be good in all states -- it's 20% off plus 10% off for signing up for the mailing list. Hope this helps someone!"

pixelprincess
07-13-2004, 02:30 PM
thanks Shay. yippee...i paid for it over the phone and she told me i could get the xtra 10% for the mailing. can't wait to pick it up.

shay
07-13-2004, 07:53 PM
I am so glad people have been able to get the 30% off! The manager at Walnut Creek is great and all the bags looked really good -- no stickers or scuff marks like others have mentioned. ALSO -- I got a baby sherpa backpack from them for 38.00! It was 48 something on sale and then I got the 30% off again. They dont have any more Baby Sherpas at Walnut creek but maybe they have them at other Right Starts?

Truska
07-14-2004, 11:02 PM
Okay, does anyone know if it's the Indigo Motherships with the white stitching and indigo interior that is on sale, or the one with the chocolate brown interior? I LOVE the indigo/indigo combo!

Also, if any of you have called recently, do you know where there are stores with more? I'm in Canada, and would prefer not to call a whole bunch of stores right off the bat!

Thanks!

Gayletmomto4
07-14-2004, 11:07 PM
I got mine today from the store in Houston-Post Oak. Don't know if they have any more but it is the Indigo with the blue interior and white piping. Good luck!

priscilla73
07-14-2004, 11:11 PM
Jenn
Call the Bellevue, WA store. They had quite a few. They will also give you 30% if you ask (ask for Katie.) I got mine there and can tell you that I got the Indigo with Indigo interior. It has the white stitching. It's so pretty.

Priscilla

Truska
07-15-2004, 08:26 AM
>Jenn
>Call the Bellevue, WA store. They had quite a few. They
>will also give you 30% if you ask (ask for Katie.) I got mine
>there and can tell you that I got the Indigo with Indigo
>interior. It has the white stitching. It's so pretty.
>
>Priscilla

Awesome, thank you! I'm going to try to call today! :-)

SteelerFan
07-15-2004, 08:50 AM
I didn't realize how much of a savings this would be!! There is a Coop going on for Motherships for $105 with s/h, but this deal is much better. Also, what colors are available? I'm in pa and wrote down the numbers for the stores in Maryland, New Jersey, Virginia and Washington--are these stores still selling them???

Thanks so much!! Also, does anyone have any pics of their new bags?

Amy

bethdg1
07-15-2004, 02:56 PM
I would like to know this also!

ginamlee
07-15-2004, 03:02 PM
I bought one this morning from a store in CT. I tried several stores and could not get the 30% deal that the others did. They said that the extra 10% off for signing up for the mailing list does not apply to clearance items. So, I settled for the 20% off - still a great deal.

I'm going to try this out for my travel bag. We're going to Disney at the end of the month and I need something large and durable, but I'm not willing to settle for "completely ugly". So, hopefully this will work. If I find it isn't going to work, I will just resell it and get my money back. I'm sure it won't be too tough.

bethdg1
07-15-2004, 03:09 PM
Would you mind telling me which one in CT? You can email me, [email protected], if you are not comfortable posting.

twofallbabies
07-15-2004, 03:22 PM
I was just checking out their website, and saw that they carry Shanghais in the stores. So I just called the Annapolis MD store (90 min from me), they have one left in Chartruese, but it's $59.95. If you go to their website, there's a store coupon for 10% off one item, and the girl said they will ship it, if anyone wants it. Their number is 410-571-9003. I'd love it, but not at that price.

Jessica, MD mama to
Dillon (9/18/98)
& Lucas (10/24/02)

Mia Bella's Gourmet Soy Candles:
http://www.bettersoycandles.com

ginamlee
07-15-2004, 04:18 PM
Mine is coming from this store:
Playhouse Square Westport
289 Post Road East
Westport, CT 06880
(203) 341-9760

However, if you go to www.rightstart.com you can call around. Several that I called in the Eastern Time Zone had a bag or two left. (It was early and the other stores weren't open yet...I'm sure you will find some at other stores, too.)

stacyleigh
07-16-2004, 01:05 AM
That is the store I ordered from and have been less than thrilled with the customer service. I had the sticker adhesive on the bag and when I called no apology, etc (they did agree to hold a bag until I figured out if the adhesive would come off)....Also they charged me sales tax (no stores in Ohio) and their reply was they ALWAYS charge tax since you are susposed to pay it anyways...she was just saving me the hassle of filling it on my tax return (whatever!!).

Also were you able to work the 30%??? I only got 20% and had to pull teeth to get that. I meant to call today but didn't get to...I need to call tomorrow. So I would love to know what you got with them!! Thanks a ton!!

pixelprincess
07-16-2004, 01:55 AM
I bought one at Walnut Creek, CA. Unfortunately, mine also has the sticky tape etched on to it that won't come off!! They have a couple left and I am hoping to exchange one for mine...so there would be one left. I plan to return mine, unless someone doesn't care about the sticky stuff and would like me to mail it to them?? pls pm if intersted.

erbono
07-16-2004, 08:44 AM
I had a sticky sales sticker on mine but it came right off. Just use one of thoese citrus cleaners, like Goo Gone. It should come right off. You could even try rubbing alcohol or maybe even a direct squeeze of lemon or orange.

Erica