PDA

View Full Version : Bumble bag review and pics....

stacyleigh
07-07-2004, 01:06 AM
*Let me preface my review by staying I am NOT a diaper bag expert. Up until this point I have been using various “non-diaper bag” totes.*

After agonizing over an Alpha 7 or a Bumble, I went with the Bumble Jessica (larger) in the Multi Stripe. When I first took it out the box I really thought it was the bag for me…but upon further examination I am not so sure.

Complaints: I bought it for the backpack feature but I think it is too large to look good as a backpack (if you buy the smaller bag this may not be the case?)

The straps for both the backpack and messenger are pretty flimsy and cheap looking (this is probably the BIGGEST complaint)

Don’t like the black interior with the light coloring of the bag. I have heard you all reference the “black hole” and now I understand what you mean. *I don’t think all of the bags have a black interior.*

Not sure about the crystals

Compliments: The outside fabric is very soft and looks great

4 deep inside pockets, plus two large outside pockets, and 2 smaller outside pockets

Magnetic closure (Are you reading, Fleurville??)

Front section “zips” open...not sure if that is practical but I kinda like it

I am pretty sure this bag is going back. I think it would be a nice bag if you had a collection of them but I am honestly looking for one bag to do it all and for me this isn’t it. :(

I bought it from Wendy at Tangerine Tots....she has been great and is offering 10% off and free shipping so if you are looking for one I highly recommend her!!

khakismom
07-07-2004, 01:24 AM
Stacy, it sure is a pretty bag, and I like the organization on the inside, but it looks GIANT on you! That is one big bag to be worn as a backpack. :)

lmariana
07-07-2004, 09:19 AM
I agree, that bags looks absolutely huge on you! I bet the smaller size would be nice though.

Thanks for the review, good job!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

MichelleRC
07-07-2004, 09:20 AM
Oh No! I am sorry you don;t love the bag. Mine should arrive Friday (same size in the Blue Latte fabric--which I think has a brown interior). I am not really planning on wearing it as a backpack, mainly as a shoulder/messenger bag.
I will review mine when it comes.
Oh, and I agree that Wendy at TangerineTots.com has been great!

robmab719
07-07-2004, 10:54 AM
I agree that it looks like a HUGE bag! Isn't it strange how you can know the measurements, but still have no idea what it's actually going to look like until you actually see it? That happens to me every time!

I also find the black interior really odd. There are any number of light colors that would match that outside fabric. Black just seems like a strange choice.

Thanks for the review. I've been wondering about this bag and now I will definitely think more carefully before I go for it.

heidi_timms
07-07-2004, 01:20 PM
I have mentioned before that I have this bag in this larger size in the olive stripe. I don't really wear it as a backpack, but I do hang the backpack straps over restaurant chairs and it makes it easy to get into it. I also thought it was large when I first got it, but now with a toddler, I somehow fill it! I'm sorry you don't like your bag, but I do love the the fabric you picked!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

jasabo
07-07-2004, 04:09 PM
I LOVE the fabric! It looks like a beautiful bag, but it does seem to be a little big on you.

Have you tried an Alpha 7? It's almost the same type of bag, except it also has the black whole effect, which I hate. But it seems a little smaller then the Bumble, though I could be wrong. Also, they don't have the same fun fabrics that Bumble offers. I have the red, which is very nice, but not a pretty as your fabric.

Sorry you don't like this one.I hope you're able to find the right bag.

Lisa - mom to 1 yr old twin boys