PDA

View Full Version : I got my Lands End Classic do-it-all diaper bag in the mail yesterday....

SteelerFan
07-07-2004, 09:14 AM
and I'm really disappointed. I don't know if it's because I'm coveting all of these great bags from Ella, Kecci and Whimsical Wears or what, but it just looks soooo plain! Does anyone have one??? I can't even remember what to put in them anymore! LOL! **sigh**

Amy
2 DDs
baby boy-Edd 8/9

HHCs Mom
07-08-2004, 11:46 AM
I have one and I never use it. I use my apple green Vera Bradley instead since it's just so much more fun! I've used the LE when we've gone on an overnight trip just to pack clothes, etc for DS. I have black, so it's even more boring than one of the colored bags! I originally got the updated DIA bag since it has the blue lining, but returned it for the Classic bag since the updated version didn't have a shoulder strap! That made me crazy! When you have a kid, you need your hands free -- no shoulder strap meant it was going back asap! Anyway, just wanted to join your vent! :-)
Kim

SteelerFan
07-08-2004, 10:38 PM
And it's sitting in my dining room while I look at it as I pass by and think "nahhhh...." I guess I'll keep it for now, as my DH won't even think of carrying one of the Ella bags I'm about to purchase! LOL! And he certainly won't carry the Kecci bag I'm going to buy in September! :o I was thinking about buying the new DIA, but I didn't realize it didn't have a shoulder strap so I'm glad that I didn't! I'm getting diaper bag crazy--my friends told me I'm nuts for spending $70 on a diaper bag, but say they love me anyway. Sure, just wait til they see it and start buying them also! LOL!

Amy

Kimberly H
07-09-2004, 07:00 AM
How about getting it monogrammed in some fun color?

I keep looking at our LE updated backpack and LE updated Little Tripper, both in navy, and thinking a little raspberry pink embroidery wouldn't hurt either one. Of course, then you have to decide what to put on it and if you're going to use the bags for something else later, blah, blah, blah...

Can you tell I'm trying to talk myself out of it? ;)

adair
07-09-2004, 10:34 AM
I saw another users post on the newest LE-DIA bags that do have shoulder straps. The shoulder strap isn't the nicest looking strap (no padding, long and skinny) but it works. I'll probably just get a little cover to go over the snap they have to keep the two straps together (like what they sell to put on the harness straps of infant car seats). It's not available online or on the catalog, you have to order it over the phone, but I really like it. I think it looks fine. I won't get to use it until October, but I don't regret buying it at all.

HHCs Mom
07-09-2004, 03:10 PM
Maybe Land's End listened to me when they asked why I was returning my DIA diaper bag --- I told them it was because it didn't have a shoulder strap!:-) I know a girl who has the updated version in red and I see her toting that thing around by the handles and it makes me glad I returned it! Of course, now that I have one WITH a shoulder strap, I never use it. DH has never even used it --- he just takes my pretty Vera Bradley bag! :-) I figure the diaper bag is for me. If I have to carry around diapers and wipes, it's going to be in a pretty bag that I like to carry! I got my Vera embroidered with just our last initial so I can use it with another child and then later as a carry-on bag or what have you. Maybe some embroidery in a pretty color will liven up my black LE bag! Hmmm.... :-)

Kim