PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Kecci bag

mlewis
07-07-2004, 10:18 AM
I am seriously thinking of ordering this bag (despite the fact that DH says no more bags!!), but have a couple of questions.

First, is this bag too dressy for everyday use? How many inside pockets does it have? Are the bottle pockets on the sides of the bag big enough for sippy cups? My DS is now off the bottle, and I need to make sure they will carry a cup instead.

Thanks for the help!

supercalifragilous
07-07-2004, 02:15 PM
The reason I don't think it's too dressy for everyday use is mostly b/c of the strap attachments (clip & D-rings) being black plastic (it's tough, but I don't know what else to call it) instead of nickel plated like the PPB. Also, the straps themselves are made of the same fabric as the bag instead of a more formal black strap w/nickel clip/rings that you'd see on a PPB. The other reason I don't see it as dressy as the PPB is b/c the "coordinating" piping/lining is so far out there (like bright green) that it kind of de-classes it, if you know what I mean. It still looks like a nice, classy bag, but upon further inspection I don't think it would fare badly in an everyday setting.

I love that this bag is machine washable! And the fabric on this bag doesn't seem to snag like my PPB bag. That's the one thing I don't like about the PPB - it just seem so fragile... the fabric snags easily, it has water-RESISTANT lining (NOT!) instead of waterPROOF vinyl like the Kecci, and if you dry clean the PPB it'll become way floppier than the Kecci (like a regular fabric bag). So I'm not "scared" to use my Kecci every day.

Someone else has actually posted tons of pictures of her Kecci innards - empty and full. I would check those out to get the best idea of what it will hold. I think it was Mariana and someone else.

I personally love the bottle pockets on the outside sides of my Kecci better than on the PPB b/c they are elasticized. My PPB side pockets got stretched out from putting in sippy cups and now even my keys will fall out! Grrrr.... So yes, they will definitely fit a sippy!

HTH!

mlewis
07-07-2004, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the information. It definitely helped. I think I have got to get this bag!! I'm gonna have to go with the black one, though.