PDA

View Full Version : Just tell me which bag I should get -- please!

miki
07-07-2004, 11:10 AM
How long do you really need the diaper bag? And when do you feel like you can carry a smaller one?

I have 3 diaper bags -- the freebie black one from Similac I got in the hospital, a big tote with mesh pockets on the inside from Target, and a WW backpack. And I like and use the freebie the most. The tote is too big and it won't stay on my shoulder. The backpack doesn't have outside pockets for me to whip out a new toy when DD gets fussy at the store.

I like how the freebie bag has pockets on every side on the outside but it is just a little too small and the pocket on the inside is useless. I can fit everything for short trips but when we go out for a little longer, I'd like to be able to fit the little insulated bag with her lunch. I think I'd like something that's messenger style with a flap.

I got my eyeballs on the Kecci co-op but green is my color and I don't want to wait until Sept. And I really cannot see paying more than $40 for a bag. TIA

firsttimemommy
07-07-2004, 09:08 PM
In that price range why don't you take a look at the Lands End Little Tripper. I have one I use for TWO kids, both in diapers and one on a bottle! Granted I have a back up supply back stocked in the car, so if I am away from my car for a long time, then I would switch bags to one that could hold more, but for quick trips, the LE is great - bigger and more stylish than the freebie one (although I like that one too - (use it for Grandma for a diaper bag for her so she won't mess with mine!)

I've also heard the Ameribag Messenger bag (check ebags.com) is nice :) It's not a diaper bag, but people use it as one and like it. Then there's always the Timbuk2 bags - don't know if Sierra Trading Post has them still, but people were getting them there at a good price. www.sierratradingpost.com

Are you a member of the yahoo group babybags? Lots of bags for sale and bag reviews there.

HTH,
Ronda
Mommy to Jenna born 1/10/03
and Jacob 4/26/04

kseltmann
07-08-2004, 11:15 AM
I know it is a little more than you are looking to spend, but I really love my Skip Hop bag. I think it is very well organized, not too big looking but can really hold a lot. I just got myself a coach wristlet to replace my wallet, and it fits perfectly in one of the front pockets. I carry quite a bit in the bag and it hangs so nicely off my P3 stroller.
I think it is a great value for the money ($55.00) and is a good overall bag.

I had purchased a LE Large Tailored tote earlier this year and it is just enormous. I have it aside for all day trips when I have to bring several changes of clothes, toys, etc. Great bag, don't get me wrong, but bigger than I wanted to carry all the time.

HTH,

Kathryn
Emily 9.24.03

Chelsey333
07-08-2004, 01:52 PM
I agree with Kathryn about the Skip Hop. It is more than you want to spend but a really functional bag. In fact, I want to start using some of the more expensive bags I have bought - but I can't seem to part with the Skip Hop bec it is easy to transport and so well organized.

tori
07-08-2004, 02:52 PM
I am wondering how I can find the babby bags group on Yahoo I looked it up and it said there was no such thing. I am looking for baby bag co-ops and it has ben mentioned that there are many at Yahoo. Help ! Thanks!

Victoria

hellosmiletoday
07-09-2004, 02:12 AM
I have the Enfamil free black one, that I actually somewhat like although I find it too big, and dont like the flap or the velcro closure (is this the messenger style). Do you know if the Similac one is smaller than the Enfamil one...and does it zip (with no flap?). I wonder where I can get the Similac one!

I'm actually wondering the opposite...if I will ever need to carry more stuff! I can't seem to find any diaper bag I like more than the Enfamil one (and I dont have the time to really search too hard). I hated all the ones at BRU as they are too big! Really I'd be content with the Enfamil bag if it wasn't for the velcro and the flap!

jupster75
07-09-2004, 12:54 PM
I never have time to post, only read on this board, baby bags, and stroller swap.

Here is the link to the baby bags board. Glad I could help someone for once!!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybags/?yguid=174242001

Jennifer, mom to Audrey 11/3/03
http://lilypie.com/baby1/041103/2/16/2/-5/.png