PDA

View Full Version : T2 Owners... A little help please... Anyone?

kseltmann
07-07-2004, 09:46 PM
OK, I am ordering 2 T2 bags from the coop, one for DH and one for our babysitter. (I am a little jealous, but I just bought a Skip Hop and can't convince DH that I need ANOTHER bag...)
Anyway... What colors does everyone have? This is the hardest part now that the decision to get them has been made.
Now I just can't make up my mind... ballistic or cordura and what color combo!!!
Anyone have pictures that they don't mind sharing?
Thanks,
SORRY ABOUT THE DUPLICATE... MOUSE Problems...

Oh, come on! Some one must have and love a T2 and want to share a photo or 2! Pretty please?

marnay
07-09-2004, 11:19 AM
I am in the same boat! I can't make up my mind on what colors I want.... I am getting a small messanger and think I want black-pink-black or black-orange-black, the second one may look too Halloween though.... I am glad the black bag isn't black inside.

Is the ballistic much more shiny than the cordura?

I would love to see pics of everyone bags too!!!!

Naydene

lmariana
07-09-2004, 11:35 AM
I'm lost too! I'm getting a laptop sleeve in green for my new laptop, and am thinking about getting a medium messenger to put it in. But, I'm worried that it will be too much bag for me, you know? I'm also thinking about getting the small graphic tote to use as a purse, because I really don't need another messenger bag...you know?

If I do end up getting the medium messenger, I'd probably get the ballistic nylon. After playing with all the color combos, I decided that I would get all red, if I did get one. I also love the graphic messengers, but it's just SO much more money, and I might not like it at all, you know?

What to do?!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

jamierush
07-09-2004, 11:55 AM
Hi - I have the light green/silver/light green Metro in cordoua (sp?) and I really love the colors for summer. I have compared the ballistic colors at REI and they seem to be "shinnier" in ballistic.

I am getting 2-3 bags in the coop. One will be Medium messanger for DH so he is stressing about colors, but he is kinda basic and will do probably a combo with Navy and Slate or something like that.

I am getting a small messanger for my winter toddler bag, and will either do red/slate/red or the reverse but I haven't decided completely. I like the silver/mint/slate combo too, Someone posted pics of that bag they got.

Some of the graphics bags are great too, but I am really not big on flowers, graphic stuff on my clothes, I am very basic, so I will get a basic bag.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=2771&mesg_id=&page=&mode=full#2820

hobey
07-09-2004, 02:39 PM
If the laptop bags are included in the coop, check out the Detour or the Commute. They aren't customizable like the classic messengers but include padded sections for laptops as well as an extra inner organizer pocket. I have a Red-Orange-Yellow Commute in a ballistic nylon that I use for work and sizewise, it's between the El Ocho and the next smallest size. It fits my laptop/peripherals and if I were to use it for a diaper bag as well, it has enough compartments to fit everything that I would need in a day for DS in addition to a clutch I carry for myself.

DH has a Navy-Yellow-Navy El Ocho in ballistic nylon that he loves and uses as a diper bag.

Raquel
Nathan's Mom 12/19/03

Melanie
07-09-2004, 03:45 PM
Raquel, my Dh is getting one for his laptop, as well as a minimal amount of papers or a notebook/schoolbook, ipac, etc. Do you think a detour or commute would be better than a medium with laptop sleeve?

bubbaray
07-09-2004, 04:20 PM
Here are some photos:

Metro Mini (pink ballistic) and El Ocho/medium messenger (navy/pink/navy cordura)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8887.jpg

The medium is HUGE -- it doesn't look all that big in the photo, but seriously, it is huge. I could fit my baby in there, plus all her stuff.... I don't use my medium hardly ever, even for trips to the gym (its original intended use) -- and I pack a LOT Of stuff to the gym.

Here is the Metro Mini beside a Lands End Little Tripper, for size comparison:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8888.jpg

Here is the inside of my Metro Mini, packed for the day:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8889.jpg

Personally, having both the cordura and the ballistic fabric to compare, I prefer the ballistic. It doesn't "pill" like the cordura and the color seems to "pop" more. It is a bit shiny, but not too much (at least for me).

I am really struggling with colors. I want a small messenger for my winter bag, so I want colors that won't get dirty on the bottom of the bag. I'm thinking grey/red/black. I also like the light green/orange/silver, but somehow that seems more summery to me.... I also like the black/grey/silver, but DH says that's too boring. He likes the green/purple/yellow.

These are great bags, VERY durable. Happy shopping!

Melissa

hobey
07-09-2004, 05:31 PM
Definitely. Compared to my DH's El Ocho, I have a lot more organizing options. I don't have pictures but I'll try to describe my Commute. The back is black and padded to protect the laptop and it also zips out to a rear compartment with spaces for pens, cell phone, PDA, etc. I keep my power cords and swappable drives in there. There are a couple of water bottle pockets on the sides and when you open it up, it has a couple more water bottle sized pockets. The front has a small zippered pocket (about 4X4 - I use it for a small mirror & lip balm) with another pocket behind it where I slip my PDA. Inside, the rear of the bag has the laptop compartment with a velcro tab to hold it in place. There is a 10X18 organizer pocket sewn into the front with 2 zippered compartments (one 10X18 and another 8X4 one with a business card window). Additionally, more pockets for pens and such are on the organizer bag. All this before the main compartment in the bag in front of the laptop pocket.

I liked that the Detour was a messenger with optional backpack straps but was not too thrilled about the colors so I went with the fun Red/Orange/Yellow Commute.

If you have an Apple store nearby, they carry the Commute in both sizes (and maybe the Detour but I haven't seen it) so you can check it out.

ETA: I have the regular sized Commute and carry an IBM ThinkPad in it.

Raquel
Nathan's Mom 12/19/03

Melanie
07-09-2004, 05:41 PM
Those are pretty! I'm not a pink-wearing kinda gal so I'd feel silly with a pink bag, but they're gorgeous!

I'm struggling with the colors, too. I want springlike colors, but will use it in fall.

lmariana
07-09-2004, 06:05 PM
Yeah, I thought about that, but I'm getting a SMALL laptop grip sleeve because I have an itty bitty 12" Powerbook, and the Detour and Commute are all too big for it. It's not very often that I take the laptop with me, so I think the "real" laptop bags would be overkill, you know? I'm hoping the Small Laptop Grip Sleeve will fit easily into my Mothership, I don't think that should be a problem.

I've seen the Commute and Detour at the Apple Store, and it I think it's just too much bag for me to carry around all the time, but they are REALLY nice and very cushy for our precious laptops! :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

Twin Mom
07-09-2004, 10:17 PM
I am having the same problem. I can't decide on colors and being so indecisive I am leaning towards black/grey/silver which I know is kind of boring but it is very hard to tell what some of the colors will look like IRL from the bag builder and I don't want to order something and then not like it.

I just got the new STP catalog and it shows on the cover 10% off of orders from this catalog so of course I went paging through it to see if the T2 bags were there and they are so that makes it harder for me to decide since 10% off + free shipping is very tempting but of course I'm not sure I will like the bag IRL either since they only have the graphic ones.

Decisions, Decisions!!

Aileen

Momof3Labs
07-09-2004, 11:27 PM
Aileen, is there a code that you can share for STP to get the discount and free shipping?

Twin Mom
07-09-2004, 11:54 PM
Sure. The code for 10% off is 25160. It does say on the cover that it is good on items in that particular catalog so I don't know if it would work on other things.

For free shipping you can use one of the free shipping riddles that you can find on fatwallet.com. Just do a search for STP and they should come up. There may be one in the catalog I just got, but I haven't actually looked at it yet.

Aileen