PDA

View Full Version : How to remove wrinkles in Alpha 7

masetane
07-08-2004, 01:20 AM
OK - here goes picky, picky me again (see other post). MY blue chocolate Alpha 7 is looking pretty frumpy for a few days old. How do I remove wrinkles - does it just work out over time, ? Thanks!
caroline

priscilla73
07-08-2004, 01:24 AM
Picky? No! I wouldn't want wrinkles in my Alpha 7 either. I just bought the Blue Choc Alpha 7 from missfitzinc.com I was so bummed that I let dh talk me out of getting on during the co-op that I ordered one when he wasn't looking. I haven't received it yet. How do you like it?

Priscilla

masetane
07-08-2004, 01:30 AM
I looooooove it. Even better than my mothership. It's just such a perfect size for everyday and color. I can also wear it more comfortably messenger style. I had seen another alpha 7 (blue) at a store and it also was a bit wrinkled. The ones in the pictures look so nice and smooth. I think it is just the nature of the cotton fabric but I would like it to not wrinkle so easily. So, I will be curious to hear other people's comments. It's possible that it's all in my head and I am just too anal.
This is such a cool color too. My only drawbacks are those 3 pockets in the front seem pretty small to get things in and out of quickly and the side pockets could be a titch wider to accomodate sippy cups more easily.
caroline

priscilla73
07-08-2004, 01:55 AM
So the fabric is a cotton material? For some reason, I assumed that it would be some type of poly/nylon material like most other bags. I knew it didn't have the clear vinyl but I thought it had a 'wipe clean' surface. Do you feel that it gets dirty easy?

And if you had it to do all over again, Would you still have bought the Mothership? I'm just trying to justify having both the Mothership and Alpha 7. They're both en route and hopefully they're come when dh isn't here, so I can look at them in peace. I just know he's going to have something to say about the MS vinyl.

I do wish that the A7 had a magnetic closure. Does the velcro bother you?

Priscilla

masetane
07-08-2004, 08:50 AM
Hi - well, I *think* it must be cotton if it wrinkles that easily - I scrunched a part of it in the back that was smooth and the wrinkles stay (but I think they would fall out after a while). It is coated with a laminate vinyl type so yes, it would wipe clean and probably not get that dirty. If I had to pick just one, the Alpha 7 is it! I got the Mothership b/c I could use it on longer trips/airplane and I just selfishly wanted it b/c it was funky!! For me, the Alpha 7 is an easier size and style to deal with everyday. I'm curious to see the new changes. I would prefer a magnetic closure too but the velcro doesn't bother me that much. I don't even stick the velcro down on the main flap any way. What I don't like is the 3 tiny pockets in the front. They are just too slim - 2 larger ones would have been better with a parent pocket inside the bag. I wonder if mothers design these bags????
I will be curious to hear which one you like. I looove the Alpha 7, just not the fact that the blue material seems to wrinkle. Tehn again, I am just being picky maybe... :)
caroline