PDA

View Full Version : AUGH!!!!!!!! No more Beige Keccis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

newmomto1
07-08-2004, 11:42 AM
I CANNOT believe it!!!
I FINALLY decided to order one after obsessing over this decision for over a week.....I called Tracy & she said that they are out of beige!!!
She also said she's not even sure if they'll get more!!!!!!
WHAT A BUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melanie
07-08-2004, 12:36 PM
NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

ETA...I just sent in my order this AM. =( *sigh* I guess it is back to trolling the Nordstrom's Racks....

Melanie
07-08-2004, 12:40 PM
Their website says "in stock?"

masetane
07-08-2004, 12:41 PM
That just stinks and I have been in that situation all hte time. My new rule is, if you think you might like something and see it/know where it's available - buy it (but check their return policy). It's a pain doing the exchanges and returns but at least I do end up getting what I want. Do a google search or contact the company to find out where else you can get it
caroline

Melanie
07-08-2004, 12:48 PM
There's one on eBay, but the person wants a lot more for it...

(just in case anyone REALLY wants it...)

newmomto1
07-08-2004, 01:13 PM
I noticed that too. I wonder if you can buy it that way full price?? I was only going to get it though because of the co-op price. :-(

Melanie
07-08-2004, 01:27 PM
Okay, now they are out of stock on their website and tracy said as of YESTERDAY they are out of stock. I asked her if she thought nordstroms would still be getting them. not sure if she will answer me or know that, though.

(this is my kicking myself for waiting an extra 24 hours after I had made up my mind pretty much)

masetane
07-08-2004, 01:47 PM
email them privately with an offer or ask if they have any more? often they dont' want to lose a sale. Wait, are you allowed to send those messages with ebay? When I sold stuff I got them all the time - someone even offered me a ton of money to end an auction early (I did).
caroline

newmomto1
07-08-2004, 01:51 PM
I could not find it on ebay...do you have a link??

Melanie
07-08-2004, 01:54 PM
Yes, and I am seriously considering paying $60 (incl. shippnig) for it so if you buy it that will save me from myself!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4312083767

I also found them in Austraila, but I'm thinking that would be expensive - LOL.

newmomto1
07-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Go for it....shipping for me will be almost $9.00. So, all together, more than I want to spend on this particular bag right now :-(. I am SO MAD at myself for waiting so long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icunurse
07-08-2004, 01:59 PM
Not sure if this helps (or if they even still have them), but when I called last week the Nordstrom Racks in Woodfield/Schaumburg Illinois and downtown Chicago claimed to still have the beige ones in stock for $36.97 and they said shipping was about $10.
Traci
~Connor's Mom~

Melanie
07-08-2004, 02:06 PM
LOL...I'd have to pay tax though. I hate paying tax AND shipping. I've called every Right Start store w/in driving distance and only one had heard of it and did not have any. Also called all Nordstrom's Racks. I need to get out and get some air today....LOL...I'm going to think about it longer and hope a lurker will buy it before I come back. $60 actually seems like a good value to me if I didn't know everyone else paid $37!!

=)

Good Luck to you!

cinrein
07-08-2004, 02:16 PM
Ack! I'm sorry, that type of thing always happens to me because I am so indecisive.

If they really are selling on ebay for that high, maybe buy another color and try and sell it to recoup some of your cost? (That is if you end up paying more than the coop price for one somewhere.) Good luck, I hope you find one.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

supercalifragilous
07-08-2004, 02:19 PM
I know what you mean - I'm a sucker for free shipping and no tax myself and even if I'm paying full price, I *feel* like I'm getting a good deal, LOL! And I also hate paying full price b/c of bad timing and knowing that it was available cheaper at one time!!! :P

You might want to try asking the Nordstrom Rack that had it (that the PP mentioned) to ship it to one local to you. I know the NRs near me will ship to each other for free just to make it more convenient for the customer. I don't know if they'll do it interstate, but one did offer to ship along the west coast for me.

If you really have your heart set on a beige one, you could check the babybags board to see if anyone might sell theirs or chance the eBay auction, though I think the seller's asking for too much as well ($49.99!!!).

On a side note, if you do a search for "brocade diaper bags" you'll get lots of auctions that include beige brocade bags, (non-Kecci ones) that are way cheaper ($14.99). I saw these on the boards a long time ago and some moms bought them (if I remember right, I think someone got a light purple one). They're a no-name brand but they're still pretty for the price. And I don't think they have the backpack option, but I don't know if that's important to you. Sorry I went off on a tangent, but I just wanted to give you some options. ;)

steph01
07-08-2004, 06:22 PM
FYI, The Buy Buy Baby in Rockville, Maryland had a few beige, red, blue, and mint green bags. I believe that they are selling them for ~$44. I do not know if they ship or if any other Buy Buy Baby stores have this bag in stock?

Stephanie

Mommyto3
07-08-2004, 06:28 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Oh man! I had been on the fence too, mainly because I really liked the chartreuse, but, when I heard that it wouldn't be available until late Sept..I decided that beige it was!

I can't believe that they're sold out!!! Waaaaaaaah! what a bummer!

helaina
07-12-2004, 01:04 PM
Call the Buy Buy Baby in Rockville MD (301) 984-1122 and order one over the phone. The UPC/Style is 9007600077/CM4000-6 and the price is $44.99 Or if you live in NJ or NY there are closer stores you can call. http://www.buybuybaby.com/cs.asp?uid=%3C%=uid%%3E&topic=14

Melanie
07-12-2004, 01:23 PM
Hmm...I called Paramus and it was $5 more!