PDA

View Full Version : It's confirmed - I am Alpha 7 neurotic!

masetane
07-08-2004, 01:07 PM
Ok - update on my wrinkly Alpha 7 blue chocolate. I drove 25 minutes away to the only store that I knew carried Fleurville bags (well, the Alpha's anyway). This really wrinkly bag I got NWT from ebay looks so shabby - surely they are not all like this. so I walk into the store and there behold is a nice, smooth pink Alpha 7 - I mean barely a wrinkle. Maybe it was in the packaging, I don't know. The ebay seller agreed to exchange it for me so hopefully I will get a nice looking one. Hey, $100 later I want a perfect bag!! :) But I will tell you, this is the second time I have bought a pricey item from ebay and not been 100% happy. While the sellers are nice about it - I think I will stick to paying full price and picking it out myself and at least having the option to return/exchange locally if need be.
caroline

Truska
07-08-2004, 10:01 PM
Good for you, Caroline, and honestly, I don't blame you at all...I would've done the exact same thing! Things like that bug me SO much! I hope you get it fast!

priscilla73
07-09-2004, 12:08 PM
Caroline
Do you think it would be faster to contact Fleurville about a replacement? Just in case that ebay seller is selling factory seconds that he bought at a discount, maybe??? That's probably not the case, but I thought I'd throw that out there.
Priscilla

masetane
07-09-2004, 12:17 PM
It might have been - I didn't ask so we'll see what the second one from the seller looks like. The seller is from Cassidy's Castle which is on Fleurville's distributer list on their website so I am not feeling too worried. I think it's all fine - it just was a lemon and also got packed into a too small box. The seller was *really* nice about the exchange and even though I offered to return it at my expense, he offered to reimburse me. I'm sure Fleurville would have replaced it though if I had asked. I'll keep you all updated! Now I just can't wait to get a bag b/c I LOVE it.
caroline

priscilla73
07-09-2004, 11:21 PM
Hey Caroline
I got my A7 today. I thought it was huge and boxy at first. It's starting to grow on me. I noticed that mine looks a bit wrinkly at the top. It actually looks like the plastic coating is seperating from the cotton material, giving it a wrinkly look. This is mainly happening on the top flap. Also, (and I'm more peeved about this) is there is a snag (2 or 3 all over) on the front, in the cotton material under the coating. I'm really upset about that. It's so noticable. Even to someone not really looking, it would jump out at me because the snag looks white. It figures that today is Friday and I can't do anything about it till Monday. Ugh! So, anyways, don't feel bad if you think you're 'neurotic' or 'picky'
~Priscilla

masetane
07-09-2004, 11:46 PM
Priscilla - you made me feel a little better b/c a snag would bug me too. Well, all I can say that if it was me - back it would go for an exchange. I did not find the material and the vinyl laminate separated on the Alpha 7. It does on the motherships but I thought this was more of a laminate. I'll have to look again when mine arrives. I don' think this is a huge bag though. Anything smaller and I would be stuffing it - it's a welcome break from my overstuffed Little Tripper. What do you think of the side and front pockets? What will you put in there - I found them to be sort of too narrow for anything much.
caroline

priscilla73
07-10-2004, 12:47 AM
I haven't packed it since I'd only be teasing myself since I can't keep it. :( I'm so sad about that.

But I thought that the front pockets were too small for anything significant. I found that the middle one is a little bit bigger than the 2 side ones. I can fit my huge Nextel cell phone in the center one nicely. In the other 2, I thought it would be good for sunglasses, lipgloss, travel size Tylenol, or a small ziploc of Cheerios (but that would be a very small bag) lol

I can fit my Arrowhead water in the side pockets okay but I'd rather use the insulated one. However, since I carry sippy cups with me for my ds, I'll use the insulated one for those. His cups are tight in the side pocket. It's do-able but it's tight.

I put the changing pad in the outside pocket (a habit of mine for sanitary reasons) with the backpack straps. I'm surprised those don't come off! I mainly change ds in the car so it's nice not to carry a full on changing pad all the time.

Theres that nice deep pocket inside that I'll put my wipes in. Or I could use that one for my wallet and the long deep one for wipes and diapers. The main compartment will have to be for his spare outfit and probably snacks.

I really don't pack much. I've been packing light since I got my Updated Little Tripper. But I do need more room. I love the LT so much that I'm having a hard time 'bonding' with the A7. Maybe it's the price???

Do you use that bag that comes with it? I can't think of ever needing that. But it'll probably live in the bag. I like to bring an extra Ziploc w/ me for dirty things.

I also got the wrist bag. I can't imagine using that as my main purse. I need organization. It's cute though. Do you have one? What do you put in it?

I thought I looked goofy when I tried in on as a backpack. What do you think of it in backpack mode?

Priscilla

ShayleighCarsensMom
07-10-2004, 01:06 AM
Priscilla,
What color did you end up getting?
Did you get a good deal???
I'm tempted to drive to Walnut Creek to get a bag at 20% off...I'm crazy!

priscilla73
07-10-2004, 01:23 AM
Valerie

Without my dh's knowledge, I got the Blue Chocolate. I put some stuff on ebay today for when he finds out about it, atleast I'll have some type of defense. I also bought the Mothership that he doesn't know about. I'm starting to panic a bit. (We are in the process of buying a new house)

If you buy it from Walnut Creek, somebody said that it's an additional 30% off. I'm not sure it's worth driving to get it though since there's still the toll of $3 now. (I think)

Being sneaky about my recent purchases hasn't really sat well with me and I'm feeling guilty about not telling him. I found a snag on the Alpha 7 and it justifies me returning it. Seems like it wasn't meant to be.

I paid $120 for both the A7 and the wrist bag. Of course I would have been better off doing the co-op. I didn't want to be the only one without a new A7, so I caved a couple days after the co-op.

Have a great vacation. Going somewhere fun?

Priscilla

ShayleighCarsensMom
07-10-2004, 01:39 AM
Since we have not recieved all the coop bags yet, you can still add to your order!
I know how you feel about the behind the back thing, thats why I always try to use paypal funds to cover my purchases...I am currently trying to sneak a MBUD in the door, LOL!!!!!
We are headed to Santa Cruz, camping, for a week...so I will hit all the right starts on the way down, lol!
The mothership is HUGE!
You should try a kecci, they are very nice, functional and cheap!
How does the blue chocolate look? Thats the one I ordered (that I need to sneak in the door!)

priscilla73
07-10-2004, 02:19 AM
It arrived today and I thought it (A7) was huge. I'll probably be able to fit my almost 1 yr old ds in the Mothership when it comes. There isn't a single Right Start around us so I had it shipped. If it's too big (and I suspect it will be) I'll sell it on Babybags for my cost or ebay it instead of returning it and paying shipping again. I thought it would be a good bag for all day outings. But this A7 is plenty big for me for all day. OMG is the MS that big??? Uh oh.

The Blue Choc is much lighter than I thought it would be. The backpack straps don't come off either. But it is very pretty. I really liked the pink but haven't seen any posted pictures of pink so I was unsure. Plus I don't wear pink that often. Blue goes with more.

You can borrow my Safetech for camping if you want to. It wouldn't be as comfortable as a MBUD that's for sure. I never figured out how to fold it up either. I gave up one day trying.

The Kecci's are sold out, btw.

Priscilla

Chelsey333
07-10-2004, 08:26 AM
I laughed out loud when I read that you had to put stuff on ebay! I did that the last time I bought my Mothership, except my ebay items didn't sell and dh knows! Now I have a Escape Pod on the way and was thinking about putting some stuff on ebay, so I could justify this purchase. I just hope it doesn't arrive in the mail today, bec he will be home. This is how sneaky I have gotten, if it comes today I was thinking of telling him I bought him something and he can't open it yet. Isn't that pathetic?! I don't think I could go thru with that plan.

masetane
07-10-2004, 09:47 AM
Are you guys describing me by any chance? Do you want to know what I told my hubby (who is home) when my mothership and Alpha 7 arrived in the mail?? I told him "I joined a Baby Co op and we all either sell or trade things. I traded 2 bags for this" Since I paid via paypal (after selling tons of stuff for a month prior), he never saw money leave our account. While he knows I am a shopaholic, what I do with my paypal money is my business. Sigh - it's hard being a housewife with no independent income anymore.
Priscilla, the straps do come off in the back as the top one does too. It should detach from the bottom and then you tuck it into the back pocket.
I do think the Mothership is a big bag - but it really is great for traveling. A friend of mine uses it everyday/main bag. To me the Alpha is a medium size - just right.
caroline

priscilla73
07-10-2004, 11:27 AM
A baby Co-op! LOL That is too funny. Unfortunately, my dh is very proud of me when I make $ on ebay. So proud that he feels obligated to help me spend it by buying new gadgets for his cell phone. I've convinced him to set up his own account. But he still uses my darn paypal account! Little stinker! I'm a SAHM so I know how it is, believe me. My dh doesn't really care what I spend (within reason) He's already expressed his opinion about a $100 diaper bag. When I really think about it...how many designer clothes do I have hanging in my closet? Uh, none. I'm more a Gap, Old Navy, Land's End type of girl. But here sits a $100 diaper bag hidden away between the khaki and black Gap cargo shorts in the closet. And that discounted Mothership Right Start is on the way. I have no idea where I'm going to hide that one. Maybe I'll hide inside, since I hear it's huge.

Priscilla

masetane
07-10-2004, 02:44 PM
Priscilla - OK you are scaring me - now you are describing my closet too (wardrobe). I spend nothing on clothes, shoes, makeup but loads on house accessories and stuff for kids. I guess when I lose my baby weight my mind will change. In my closet, I have a Skip Hop hidden as well as, get this, a Britax STarriser Comfy. I thought they were being discontinued when the wizard came out!!!
caroline

priscilla73
07-11-2004, 12:39 PM
Caroline! You have a carset hidden in your closet!!! LOL My dh is so thrilled that my fascination with strollers has died down a bit. Little does he know, I still look. I'm just happy with my current stable. (for now) I've spent a whole lotta money on diaper bags recently. I could've bought a lot of clothes for that. I have a love of bags, used to really love purses before the kids came along. Now I know there's all these choices out there. Uh oh, I'm in trouble. And I love being organized. I wish I could live inside a Mothership! LOL read you post a while ago how you said your housecleaning and life in general is on hold while you obsess about diaper bags. LOL I laughed out loud when I read that because that is SO ME right now. Why haven't you used the Skip Hop yet? Do you like it? I considered buying one but I didn't think it was pretty enough to carry around. For me, it would be strictly a stroller accessory.
Priscilla

masetane
07-11-2004, 12:46 PM
Priscilla - are we the same person?!?!? :) I haven't used the Skip Hop b/c I wasn't sure if I really needed it. Despite this diaper bag area, I am trying to downsize my house and live simply (hence all the stuff sold on ebay recently and I am now going to sell my beloved but unused Fiesta). I did have the Maclaren organizer on my stroller but I like the organization better on the skip hop so I will put on my stroller tomorrow and it will never be used as a carry kind of bag as I can fold my Mac with it on. I sold the Mac organizer. I have a pretty big California closet so the Britax is still in its slim box in a corner. It was another panic "they aren't going to make it much longer" buy but of course they still are! I ADORE bags too and have quite a few (mostly Coach and Kate Spade) pre children. I have sold a lot of my coach bags and now I am moving onto the Kate Spades shortly. I have a new with tag medium Liza tote and a small canvas clutch that must be at least 5 years old. Never used!! So I want the room in my closet instead.
Caroline
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

priscilla73
07-12-2004, 11:29 AM
I think the Mac Organizer is awkward, too. I just keep it on my Safetech double for neighborhood walking for my garage door opener, cell phone and water bottle. It look dorky when it sags w/ just a water bottle in it. I thought about unloading it on ebay also.

I try to purge the thing that I don't need also. But mainly I just shift things around. I'm too sentimental and can never get rid of the kids toys, esp. ones that were gifts. It's hard.

Priscilla

priscilla73
07-12-2004, 11:29 AM
Oops, I double posted...can't figure how to delete it altogether.