PDA

View Full Version : ? for Mothership owners

Gayletmomto4
07-08-2004, 09:05 PM
Do you just love this bag? I need a big bag for all day trips with 2 kids. I have a Marsupial that I really like and am actually contemplating spending hours on the phone trying to find a Right Start that has the indigo Mothership on sale (see prior post). Would love to hear from someone with real life experience with one.

TIA

masetane
07-08-2004, 09:52 PM
At first I wasnt sure if I wanted a Mothership but I have it in Indigo and I am really happy with it. I'm not really using it for everyday but for long trips with my 3 and 16 month old. It's pretty cool!
caroline

Lucian and Gabriels Mommy
07-08-2004, 09:55 PM
I do love my Mothership. I actually bought mine (Indigo Denim) from Right Start a few months ago for the bargain price. It is wonderful to be able to fit everything I need for both my kids and not have to worry about running out of room! I also have the Marsupial - which I think is a great bag- but I have been favoring the Mothership lately. It took me quite a while to actually take the tags off and start using the Mothership when I first received it. It did seem like a big bag and I wasn't sure about the vinyl. But, once I started using it I was sold. It is great to not have to worry about keeping it clean. I had it at a picnic the other day and watermelon juice dripped all over it - no problem! I also love it when we go places like the amusement park, zoo, etc. The denim color has also grown on me. When I first received it I was feeling like maybe it wasn't fun enough. But, now I am glad I have this color, because it is very versatile and will span the seasons. For me, it has been definitly worth the $.
HTH

Chelsey333
07-08-2004, 10:01 PM
I do really like mine. I didn't think I would like the vinyl, but for some reason I do. The bag is great for long trips out or visiting friends with my 2 kids. Definitely a sturdy bag and well organized. But I have only used mine a couple of times and have notice some scuff marks on the vinyl. Not a huge deal, but it kind of bugs me to see the imperfections in my new, very expensive bag. I have a Loom too, but it just isn't big enough for 2 kids and long outings. Go for it!

Lucian and Gabriels Mommy
07-08-2004, 10:11 PM
Are they white scuff marks? Nail polish remover will get them out like magic! (I had a few so I called Fleurville about it and that was their suggestion - works great)

Gayletmomto4
07-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Okay, I am convinced that I "need" the Mothership. I had the very same concerns you mentioned-the vinyl and the fact that the indigo is not too exiciting. It sounds like a bag I will really love, however, and there are definitely times when I could really use the space.

Look out Right Start, here I come!

masetane
07-08-2004, 11:53 PM
You got that great deal too? Wow - wonder how long this has been going on??? Hmmmm
caroline

Chelsey333
07-09-2004, 08:24 AM
thank you! I will try it today!!

Gayletmomto4
07-09-2004, 12:22 PM
I found it at the first store I called (Houston) for $72 plus $9 shipping! Can't wait to get it.

jk3
07-09-2004, 12:31 PM
You'll love it. The Mothership is a great bag + you got yours at a fabulous price. =)

Jenn
DS 6/03

Chelsey333
07-09-2004, 01:50 PM
It worked! Once I looked closely I had a ton of scuff marks and the nail polish remover took all of them out. Thanks so much, I never would have thought of that.