PDA

View Full Version : Fiona Lang bags???

masetane
07-09-2004, 12:21 PM
I was in my local TJ Maxx last night and on the rack they had 3 bags that at first I thought were Kecci. Then when I looked closer, I thought they were Petunia Picklebottom b/c they had the zip changing pad in front. Anyway, they looked like Kecci with the changing pad. Very nice and were selling for $49. I had never heard of them before though...I hope I even got the name right!
caroline

tobycat
07-09-2004, 12:37 PM
I saw one at my TJ Maxx too. Unfortunately it was bright orange. Would have bought it if it was a more muted color.

Candi

robmab719
07-09-2004, 12:55 PM
Hmm. Sounds interesting. I will check my TJ Maxx. Were they in the baby section or the regular women's handbag section?

masetane
07-09-2004, 01:26 PM
It was in the regular handbag section. I'm heading to another TJ Maxx on the other side of town today so I;ll take a peek over there
caroline

masetane
07-09-2004, 01:27 PM
I think I saw the orange but I also saw a pretty pink one. Reminded me of shrimp roll but with the feel of a kecci bag
caroline

supercalifragilous
07-09-2004, 02:32 PM
What color was it? I saw one on eBay recently - here's the pic:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8876.jpg

masetane
07-09-2004, 05:04 PM
Didnt' see any in the other TJ Maxx I went to today. I saw 2 of this organge color and 1 pink. I can't find a pic anywhere on line of the pink but similar in color to shrimp roll
caroline

lmariana
07-09-2004, 05:21 PM
Out of curiosity I went over to TJ Maxx this afternoon to check them out in person. This is a cool bag! It's about the same "floppiness" as the Kecci bag, but the construction and interior is FAR superior! I don't know how baby friendly the nice satin lining is, but it's very nice! There is an attached changing pad, but it is detachable with the gold buckles. All the hardware on this bag is a shiny gold, and it looks more "bling bling" than cheap, if that makes ANY sense to anyone else! The Fiona Lang bag had a detachable messenger strap and detachable backpack straps, which look like they may even attach to a stroller.

Honestly, for $50, if they had any other color besides the orange, I would have picked one up. They also had the matching cltuch purse for $17.

My TJ Maxx had a lot of the orange bags, so if you want me to pick one up for you, I'd be happy to do so (with no financial gain for me). It was $49.99 plus 5% sales tax, and then I think shipping would probably be around $7 for USPS Priority. (Can you tell I ship too many diaper bags???)

I'm trying to find a Fiona Lang website but with no success. I'd love this bag in a different color, so if anyone finds the website, please post it!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

essnce629
07-09-2004, 05:26 PM
Here's the Ebay description of it and the other pictures.

"New with tags diaper bag by Fiona Lang Los Angeles, a small boutique brand. Super practical square shape, not too big, not too small: 13 by 13 by 6. The bag is very similar to the other popular diaper bags right now, especially the style and design of the Petunia Picklebottom Boxy Backpack and similar styles from Fleurville.

Comes with olive green nylon webbing straps (still wrapped/tied) for both messenger/shoulder carrying and backpack straps. Both are removable with bright brass (plated?) hardware. Padded changing mat zips out from front of bag (see pic). When pad is out, two elasticized pockets are revealed for small items like cream or small pack of wipes...

Two outside bottle pockets on sides. Inside (entry through hidden magnetic snap flap and full length zipper) is lined with beige nylon and has two more bottle pockets, one side velcro pocket and a key clip (no digging!). The removable plastic ziploc pouch meant for dirty/wet items is missing. Otherwise, the condition is perfect.

All zippers have fabulous suede tie pulls. The bag is so gorgeous, pics don't do it justice."

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8890.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8891.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8892.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8893.jpg

The attached changing pad would really bug me and would never be used and it doesn't look like the outside bottle pockets are elasticized so stuff might fall out and they might not be big enough to hold a water bottle, sippy, or wide-mouthed baby bottle. The inside doesn't have much organization either like the Kecci. There doesn't look like there's a place to put the backback straps if you take them off. I think I'll go see if I can see one IRL just for fun and to get out of the house, but I will mostly pass on this one while I wait for more Kecci bags to come in.

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel

tina-t
07-09-2004, 05:28 PM
I saw a pink one at our local TJ Maxx but the price was $89.00!!! I did not buy it for that price, and pink is definitely not my color. Cute bag though.

LD92599
07-09-2004, 10:05 PM
The Paramus store had several last week...i remember seeing orange and I believe green. They were in w/ luggage on a display wall plus i also saw a few in w/ baby stuff. You never know where you're going to find it: purses, luggage or baby!

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

masetane
07-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Laura - where are you near Paramus? I'm in Scarsdale. Also, I went to look at it on ebay but couldn't find it - what was it listed as or does anyone know what the price was? Just nosey since I know it was $49 at TJ Maxx. OH, my sister is big into designer clothes and had heard of Fiona Lang...
caroline

essnce629
07-09-2004, 10:23 PM
I just got the pink one!!!! It looks a little different (and better) then the pictures I posted above of the orange one. There's more pockets and the changing pad is not permanently attached (it is attached with snaps and can just snap off). I already took pictures and will post them in about a half hour. I paid $49 plus tax. So much for waiting for the Kecci bags :). I really like it though and already got several compliments!

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03

masetane
07-09-2004, 10:39 PM
Oh yeah - I'm thinking about going back to get the pink one. It's more like a peachy color don't you think? Can't wait to see your pics. Had you heard of this before or should I start posting diaper bag finds that I see (can you tell I am in the shops too much!)
caroline

Truska
07-09-2004, 11:12 PM
>I already took pictures and will post them in about a half hour.
>I paid $49 plus tax. So much for waiting for the Kecci bags
>:). I really like it though and already got several
>compliments!
>

I can't wait to see the pictures...we're driving down to Syracuse on Monday, and I would love to find a TJMaxx somewhere nearby to check these out! The pink sounds great!

Caroline, I love reading about bags people find! Keep it up! Thanks!

LD92599
07-09-2004, 11:49 PM
I'm in Dumont. I have no idea about the one that was listed on ebay. Funny...i was in TJ Maxx checking out these bags (caught my eye immediately as i'd read about the Kecci buzz!). Then over in the kids section there was a mom w/ a petunia pickle bottom!

Oh, the price was $49 at the Paramus store.

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

essnce629
07-10-2004, 12:13 AM
Sorry I took so long, Conner woke up from his nap and I had to make him dinner.

Ok, the bag.... It measures 15.5 x 11 x 5 and the changing pad which is detachable is 20.5 x 11 (too small for me so I probably won't even keep it in the bag). In the pictures, the pink looks pretty true to color (I don't think it looks peach) but the straps and interior in the pictures have a green tint to them but they don't at all IRL. The straps and interior are a pretty beige/gold color. There's 6 pockets total- 2 inside the main part of the bag, 2 in the back for the backpack straps, and 2 inside the zip up flap. The bag closes with a magnetic snap closure. The bottle pocket on the outside is pretty small and fit my 16oz water bottle very snugly. It will not take a wide-mouth bottle or sippy cup. The other outside pocket closes with a magnetic snap also and is big enough for a pair of sunglasses or cell phone. The backpack straps are completely detachable, as is the carrying strap. The strap can be adjusted very long to be carried messenger style. There's no dirty duds bag or key clip like the label said. I think this bag is a differnt style then the Ebay one I posted above which does have a key fob. The pocket styles are completely different. Here's the Shutterfly link with all the pictures (18 total):

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAN2Thq0asWzEsA

ETA: I just decided to try a wide mouth bottle in the side bottle pocket and you actually CAN fit a wide mouth bottle. Both the Avent and Dr. Brown's bottle fit perfectly, so a sippy without a handle would probably fit too. Sorry I didn't try this out earlier, but my water bottle was so snug fitting that I just assumed a wide mouth bottle wouldn't fit, but I guess water bottles are just as wide as wide mouth baby bottles.

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03

khakismom
07-10-2004, 12:24 AM
Latia, that is one gorgeous bag! I LOVE the pink color--so fun and so pretty. Thanks for the awesome review and pictures. You may have just hooked some more of us to a new bag. :)

heidi_timms
07-10-2004, 02:25 AM
I LOVE the pink bag that Latia posted. Latia, what a cute mama you are, BTW! I no longer live near any TJ Maxx stores, boo hoo!!! I can paypal you right away if anyone finds it for me plus tax and shipping, of course! Someone posted finding one for $89. I am hoping to find one for what most of the stores are selling them for $49.99 plus tax and shipping.

Please help!!!!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

essnce629
07-10-2004, 03:34 AM
Hey Heidi! I could get one for you. They had 2 more pink ones at the TJ Maxx I was at along with 2 orange ones. With tax I paid $53.86. I have no idea what shipping would be, but I think a PP above said it would be around $8. My PayPal address is [email protected] and I could get it for you tomorrow.

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03

manda7_23
07-10-2004, 06:22 AM
I want the pink one too!! but i am in Alaska and there are no T.J. Maxx's here :( Latia i e-mailed you to see if you will pick one up for me also! Thanks!

Amanda ;)

MichelleRC
07-10-2004, 09:08 AM
Great pictures & review!! I love love love the pink. May be heading to TJ Maxx today!

masetane
07-10-2004, 09:38 AM
I'm heading back to TJ Maxx today so I can pick one up today. Actually - now I liking it for me but I just spend $200 on Fleurville bags. I'm off to the shower and then to the shops...again. :) Maybe I will find another bag to write about! ha ha
caroline

heidi_timms
07-10-2004, 02:18 PM
Latia,

Yes, please!!!! Will it work if I paypal you the $53.86 for the bag and then let me know how much for shipping and if you need packaging, etc and then I will paypal you again? I don't want you to have to pay anything out of pocket.

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your bag is so cute. I like it better than any of the Petunia Picklebottom bags and I love the detachable changing pad! I think that the pink is so feminine!

I pm'd you all of my info and I'm paypaling you right now!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

sarasmom
07-10-2004, 03:19 PM
I found the pink in the bigger size at my TJ Maxx. I got it, but now looking at the pics of the other pink one I like it better(detachable diaper pad, shorter, more pockets on the inside)I guess I'm going to check out the other stores in my area. I really like the fabric. I don't even need another bag, but now I'm hooked.
SARA'S MOM

masetane
07-10-2004, 03:34 PM
Hi all - back from TJ Maxx - they had 3 of the boxier orange and 2 of the pink ones. I was about to buy a pink one but 1) I really don't need it 2) the front flaps on both of them sort of lost their shape. The fabric at the bottom fell over the piping and, maybe b/c it only has one middle magnetic snap, the sides curled out. Fabric felt a lot nicer than Kecci in my opinion though - a little bit more stiff. Someone mentioned a green which is a color I think I could carry better than pink.
caroline

tina-t
07-10-2004, 06:30 PM
I went back to the TJ Maxx today to recheck the price but the pink bag was gone. I saw 2 orange bags. One was the same style as Latia had purchased in pink, and another one which is the same type as pictured above from ebay. I checked the price and it was $49.00. So maybe, I was wrong about the price for the pink one, but could not verify that anymore; since, it was gone. The orange bag didn't look that bad. Could defintely be a color that you could use all year round.

essnce629
07-10-2004, 10:30 PM
Heidi-- I got you the bag! I'll PM you.

Amanda-- There was only one left in pink and that was Heidi's so I'm going to call the other 3 TJ Maxx's in my area to see what I can find. One store is close by me and the others are a little bit farther but maybe they can transfer a bag to the closer store. I'll email you after I call the other stores.

At the store I went to they had 2 of the orange ones in the exact same style as the pink one I bought. I haven't seen any of the smaller Ebay-styled ones. If anyone wants an orange one I'd be glad to pick one up. Just email me at [email protected].

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03

boys2enough
07-11-2004, 12:21 AM
Latia, thank you for the pictures and review. Now how may I squeeze some time in tomorrow to go check out a TJMaxx? ;-) I especially want to thank you for showing the bag on a model. It really helps a lot in visualizing how the bag might look when carried. Btw, just want to say that, you are one hot mama! :) And please tell me that you got your slender body shape back so fast ONLY because you exercise 5 hours a day, and NOT because you are blessed with some enviable metabolism. ;-)

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif

essnce629
07-11-2004, 07:23 AM
Lin-- I'm glad you like the pictures. When I see other people's pictures of diaper bags I really want to see every detail of the bag like I'm there IRL so I try to take as many pictures as possible when I'm reviewing a bag.

And sorry to disappoint you, but me getting my pre-pregnancy body back is 99% due to good genetics. I don't work out and even though I own an Abs of Steel video which I think is great, I've only done it about 3 times since my son was born. If I had to choose a workout I would do yoga-- I hate to sweat but I'm extremely flexible! My grandma had 7 kids and never got a stretch mark and my mom was back in her pre-pregnancy jeans 2 weeks after she had me (it took me 3 weeks to get back into my pair that had a little lycra stretch in them). I still have a tiny belly pooch that I'd love to get rid of, but who has the time!

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03

helaina
07-12-2004, 12:43 PM
Now that is a beautiful bag!

twofallbabies
07-12-2004, 12:53 PM
Latia,
Thanks so much for sharing, I really love this bag! Pink and orange are not my style, but I'm going to have to call around in the hopes of finding another color!

Jessica, MD mama to
Dillon (9/18/98)
& Lucas (10/24/02)

Mia Bella's Gourmet Soy Candles:
http://www.bettersoycandles.com

Melanie
07-12-2004, 07:24 PM
Pretty bags - thanks for the review Latia and lucky you about the genetics, though I can't blame Ds. Due to him I lost tons of weight quickly caring for a newborn, but now it's back! LOL.

Anyway, I checked our TJMaxx (baby, bags, luggage) no bags. I should not have even looked anyhow, so I'm glad I didn't see them. =) I was telling myself if I liked it, I would keep it to compare to my kecci and return one. Better I should not know.