PDA

View Full Version : Got the LE NQP Striped Canvas Diaper Tote

cinrein
07-09-2004, 04:48 PM
What a deal! For $14.50 this is a great bag. I got it for our pool trips once I realized my $10 Kalencom bag wasn't big enough to hold Anna's stuff, plus a change of clothes for me. This is plenty big enough. There was a piece of red tape to point out the NQP stiching on the top of the bag. It's noticeable, but I've seen worse stiching on stuff that was being sold as first quality.

Oh, and they included a coupon for my future order: $15 off $75. Can't beat that with a stick!

Cindy and Anna February 2003

essnce629
07-09-2004, 04:51 PM
If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you post detailed pictures of it inside and out, and of the NQP stitching. I'm about to order one (I hope they're still available), but I haven't seen any IRL close up pictures of it, especially the inside. TIA.

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel

hudsonam
07-10-2004, 11:11 AM
What's NQP? Where would I find this great deal? :-) Thanks!

papal
07-10-2004, 11:14 AM
NQP is Not Quite Perfect. If you go to Landsend.com and look in the Overstocks.. they usually have a NQP section in the right margin.

HTH

papal
07-10-2004, 11:20 AM
Thanks Cindy!! I got one too!! Can't wait for it to arrive...i hope i get the gift certificate too! :)

hudsonam
07-10-2004, 02:48 PM
I have the bag in my shopping cart, but I'm hesitant about the color. Not having a baby yet, I don't know if I'll want something less girly if we have a boy. Does it matter to you if the bag is pink and you have a boy? Or vice versa? I definitely think it'd be a good beach bag, although I'm sure my hubby will kill me for getting something now, to use a year from now. ;-)

papal
07-10-2004, 03:36 PM
imo a diaper bag is more about the mom than the baby.. i would infact hesitate to get something too boyish as a diaper bag (even if i had a boy).. it would so not be ME. does that make sense? So i say, go for it!! :)

HHCs Mom
07-10-2004, 11:01 PM
The bag is for *me*! If I have to carry around diapers and wipes, I want a cute bag! I have a son and my bag is pretty girly. I am going to use it later on with another child (who may/may not be a girl) or just for myself. I want to like the bag so I'll continue to use it, not just for baby stuff, if that makese sense.

Kim
~~ Harrison 04/06/04

cinrein
07-12-2004, 03:41 PM
Sorry I didn't check back to this post until today.

My pc with an internet connection is not the same as my pc with my photo software, so right now I don't have an easy way to post pictures. (We desperately need a new PC.) I posted a detailed description below. I know pics would be better, but this is the best I can do. I did go back to look at my bag and now that I took the tape off the flaw, I'm not even sure where the flaw is. It just looks like some spots were stiched over twice, but the stiching is not crooked or anything. Since the bag is canvas, it's really not noticeable. For 14.50, I say go for it. You can always return it to a Sears store if you decide it's not worth 14.50.

The bag is 17.5" in length, 13" tall, and 9" or 10" width (it expands). The main fabric is horizontal stripes in light pink, darker pink, white, orange (not bright), peach, light blue, light red and light green. The straps and bottom are pink. The interior is light blue. The straps fit on my shoulder and the top of the bag hits about at the bottom hem of my bra. (I'm just about 5'7".) There are 3 zippered compartments. One has a one-way zipper and inside there are 2 black mesh pockets, each pocket is large enough for a wipes case and dipes. In this compartment there is a changing pad (same size and pad that comes with the DIA bag) which has 2 zippered compartments within the pad! Also a dirty duds bag that is vinyl and zippered---I think this is also the same size as the DIA bag. The middle compartment has 2 2-way zippers, so you can unzip each one a different way to totally open up the bag. There is a zippered nylon pouch in the middle of this compartment that is held in on either side with snaps. On each side of the compartment there are 2 black mesh pockets. One side also has a hook on a canvas strap (for keys?). The final compartment has a one-way zipper. Inside are 3 mesh pockets--good size for bottles of suntan lotion. There is also a key ring attached to a strechy plastic thing---like a phone cord sort of. I'm not sure what this is for. The bag is kind of floppy, but does stand up on it's own with nothing in it. I think with stuff in it it would stand up really well.

I buy diaper bags that suit me, not the baby. I probably wouldn't put a boy in a girly pink sling, but IMO a diaper bag is totally different. Since most of the time the diaper bag is my purse, it has to be something that I like. :)

HTH

MamaKath
07-13-2004, 12:40 AM
They are all gone! :-( I was going to order earlier today, but it didn't happen. Bummer. I got one, and love it, perfect beach bag imo! I was all set to purchase a few to get as gifts. I guess I will have to keep looking for budget gifts. But figured folks might want to know they are now gone. :-( :-(

papal
07-14-2004, 05:56 PM
Got the bag today.. and got the $15 off coupon too!

Cindy, I LOVE this bag.. i think it might be my everyday bag (is it too Beachy for everyday??).
In one outside compartment i put the diaper changing stuff.. and finally, a decent sized changing pad! (ditty bag, dipes and wipes)
In the other outside compartment I put the eating out stuff (bib, tiny diner, baby safe feeder, sippy cup and cherrios)
In the center i put the stuff i dont use much.. change of clothes and a mommy-bag (Ella) with extra binkys, diaper rash cream, lotion, lipstick etc.,

This is SO much more organized than my Ella.. i guess i am the kind of person that carries a LOT of stuff.. so this bag is great in terms of organization... i really like it!! Thanks a TON Cindy.. for $14.50.. it is a STEAL!!

essnce629
07-15-2004, 05:28 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Why did I wait so long. My procrastination got me again. First the Kecci bag and then this one :(. Why can't I make up my mind without taking a week to do so.

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel

cinrein
07-15-2004, 12:07 PM
Rashmi,

YAY---glad you got it and the coupon. I thought about carrying it everyday too. It's so fun and pretty, IMO. I think I will carry it for a while. By the time the weather turns more fallish I'll be ready for something else.