PDA

View Full Version : A bag for my puppy, too.

priscilla73
07-10-2004, 11:49 AM
Okay, I know this is SICK! But I've branched out and bought my puppy a bag for me to carry her around in. My dh thought this was hysterical. I explained to him that if I drive her around without something to sit in, she'll claw up the leather in the SUV. He said, okay, yes that's true.

So, do I have a problem or what? A bag for a dog. I think I need to check myself into Diaper Bag Re-hab. I've got a Mothership on the way. (thanks to Right Start) and an Alpha 7 hanging hidden in the closet.

My puppy is a Miniature Pinscher so she'll stay around 5-9 lbs, btw.

Priscilla

lmariana
07-10-2004, 12:02 PM
Please, please, please post a picture!!! I totally admire you. :)

I bet it's absolutely darling!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

murpheyblue2
07-10-2004, 12:42 PM
I know what you mean. My pups are too big to be carried in a bag but we own 2 Mountainsmith bags that we use to carry around dog stuff (leashes, water, food, etc.) when we take them hiking or to the beach. It's like diaper bags for the dogs. The best part about the dog bags is that DH bought both of them.

Definitely post a picture of your new pup bag.

masetane
07-10-2004, 03:00 PM
Priscilla - so cute! It's so funny - I was in HOme Goods yesterday and they had beautiful pet carrier bags that i stopped to look b/c i thought they were diaper bags! yeah for you and I want to see a photo too!
caroline

Dscvrlifewith3
07-10-2004, 03:51 PM
I had a group of pug owners two Christmas' ago go in and buy this pug fabric and I made their dogs bags with the names embroidered on them. They were so ugly. LOL I am not sure how it got started but they all got this idea to have a screen print of one of the pugs put on some fabric and just went nuts. I still have a small scrap of the fabric left. Some of them even sent me pictures of the dogs and their bags. There is a lady on eBay who makes bags for small dogs to ride in. The bag is so the dog is concealed and sticks its head out the side of the tote to see and breathe. I saw one in person at the Blockbuster. I had to look twice, not sure if it was a purse with a dog head or what!

RiaHannam
07-10-2004, 08:24 PM
Omgosh, I'm a *pug-owner-wanna-be!* So were the bags ugly or the dogs, lol??!!

Dscvrlifewith3
07-10-2004, 08:45 PM
BOTH!!!! LOL

The bags were purple with life size pug heads on them. And the pug had this weird look on his face. Some of them got O trim around the top. I begged them not to do it! So many ownders were pulling out the trims because of chewing. I had one sent back to me for a repair. The dog chewed right through a handle! (and the dog hair was THICK on it) One lady wrote and said her dog barked at the bag and snarled at it.