PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the OiOi bags?

ShaniB123
07-10-2004, 08:01 PM
What does everyone think of the OiOi bags? I saw one in real life today and thought it looked really nice and very practical, although maybe too big for everyday.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you.

First due in CA in October

robmab719
07-11-2004, 11:50 AM
I haven't owned one, but the reviews on this board haven't been overly positive on them. I believe Mariana had some quality issues with the OiOi bag she ordered. Also, a few folks felt that the strap on the messenger was a little short.

I've seen them IRL and I don't think they are too big, especially for the newborn stage. They are very stylish looking, but judging from the feedback I've heard, there are better choices out there.

If you decide to get one, you might want to check the Baby Bag swap (http://groups.yahoo.com/babybags) to see if there are any for sale.

lmariana
07-11-2004, 12:40 PM
Yeah, I've had 2 OiOi bags. The first one was the Striped Messenger and I returned it because the strap was WAY too short to be worn anywhere except on the shoulder, and definitely not messenger style! I also didn't care for the all cotton fabric exterior and interior. It seems like it may be a pain to keep clean.

The second bag had quality issues. Even though I found it on clearance for $50, it wasn't worth keeping. The zippers broke. :( The store I bought it from said that this was a common problem and they had had many returns on OiOi's.

So that's just my experience with OiOi. Their bags do look really attractive. I'd just look in to the fabrics of the bag(s) you're considering and check out the strap lengths. :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003