PDA

View Full Version : For those with Toddlers/Preschoolers...Skip-hop, Timbuk2

pamela mom of 3
07-12-2004, 01:15 PM
**Update**

Well my Skip-hop order finally came in & has been shipped out so for now, i'll give it a whirl and possibly later on purchase the Timbuk2 too LOL ;)

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

bubbaray
07-12-2004, 03:01 PM
Hmmm, you have an MBUS, right? I think the Skiphop would work, but I'm not 100% sure. I LOVE my SH, but I'm currently using it on my Pliko. I would worry that it might tip the MBUS when your child gets out of the stroller....

I have 2 T2 bags and think they are great quality. I just ordered a small T2 classic messenger from the co-op -- great deal, BTW. I will be able to use the small messenger for work/errands when I don't need a diaper bag anymore. Again, tho, I'm not sure if a T2 would tip your MBUS over if you left it on the stroller.

I've heard of people using the Skiphops as a regular bag, not a diaper bag. I'm not sure how I would feel about this. It is a rather square bag (not rectangular), but DOES have great organization. You couldn't use it for going to the gym or anything like that b/c I'm pretty sure a pair of shoes w/n fit inside (very narrow).

Obviously, the T2s make a great "later" bag -- they aren't really diaper bags, though they work great for that purpose IMHO. They don't really have any organization to speak of (unless you get the center divider, but even then not great organization), especially compared to the SkipHop.

Why not get both, LOL!?

HTH
Melissa

pamela mom of 3
07-12-2004, 03:05 PM
Thanks! um, why would you think it would tip my MBUS? It takes quite a bit to tip a mountain buggy, their not like a say, maclaren...i can hang quite a bit off the handlebar.

Anyhow my choice has sorta been made anyhow as i called the store & they said my bag has finally shipped :D So for now i'll try the Skip hop and maybe like you said have both & buy the Timbuk2 down the road }(

~Pamela Mom Of 3

bubbaray
07-12-2004, 03:28 PM
I dunno, I am secretly lusting after an MBUS -- but they are too short for me (and DH). I've tried them out in 2 stores and they just feel soooooo light, I figured I wouldn't be able to hang my bag like I do on the Pliko.

If you have been hanging stuff from the MBUS with no problems, then I think the SkipHop would be fine too. It would probably be better than the T2 b/c the T2 bag has a long strap and the SH is really high b/c of the little straps used to attach it to the stroller.

Sounds like you are meant to have the SkipHop, tho!!!

Melissa -- who can't wait until 2005 when MB is apparently coming out with a new MBUS with a higher handlebar!

pamela mom of 3
07-12-2004, 04:30 PM
Ah, i see ;) No not at all i can really load that puppy down, they even take kiddyboards, They are very sturdy for a 3 wheeler.

handle height, yes..see i am short so the handle is great for me, whereas some strollers like a mac techno XT are awful, can't see over the hood! :o

Seems the skip-hop is meant to be for now, i'm hoping i'll like the color combo, i got Blue Camo for a grape MBUS & my Green MBDU...figure it's "outdoorsy" looking LOL :D

~Pamela Mom Of 3