PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to supercalifragilous for my Kecci!

khakismom
07-12-2004, 04:53 PM
I just received my beige Kecci today and I LOVE it! It is the PERFECT size (dare I say medium bag?), and such a fabulous color. I'm so glad I lucked out getting the beige.

But I wanted to say a huge thanks to supercalifragilous for organizing this AMAZING co-op! If it wasn't for the price, I wouldn't have gotten one, and now that I see it, I wouldn't mind paying more for it. It's awesome, fits all my stuff, plus more, isn't heavy or super big, and goes with everything. Thank you for all the negotiating and hard work you did!

I would've posted pics and a review but I figured Mariana's review and Lin's pics took care of it all. But if you want to see them, here are the links:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=63&topic_id=9990&mesg_id=9990&listing_type=search

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=63&topic_id=10055&mesg_id=10055&listing_type=search

peasprout
07-13-2004, 12:55 AM
I can't wait to get mine now! I think I got the last beige one. After checking over the weekend Tracy emailed me this morning to tell me I would be getting mine. Yay!!! :)
Thanks also for the co-op!
JP

supercalifragilous
07-13-2004, 01:59 PM
Not that it's over yet... Hopefully the other shipment will come in soon!!! If you think about it, July is half over already!

I'm so glad everyone got a great deal - I'm such a sucker for free shipping! In retrospect, I'm so glad the Nordstrom Racks around me were out of the bags when I first called or I wouldn't have even thought about doing a co-op!

Thanks everybody for waiting - I felt so bad b/c it had been so long between the time I first asked about co-op interest until I heard back from Tracy. It was actually fun arranging this - Tracy and I were both co-op-arranging virgins so we stumbled through it together... She's so great! I'm just so glad it worked out for everyone! Also thanks everyone for posting their interest and enabling us to have a co-op in the first place!!

MichelleRC
07-13-2004, 05:39 PM
I got the Navy one--it is so pretty and I think it will hold a ton of stuff. Aside from the icky smelling liner (which I am sure will be fine once I air it out), this is a great addition to my stash! I am so glad I got it--huge thanks for organizing the co-op!!!

Phoebe
07-13-2004, 06:12 PM
How does this differ from the Petunia Picklebottom? It looks like a very similar bag? There certainly is a price difference!

Phoebe, mom to Susan 3, and David 1

supercalifragilous
07-14-2004, 05:05 PM
Phoebe, look at www.kecci.com and go to the Shanghai Mommybags page.

They are extremely similar to the PPB bags (I have one). The thing I like more about my Kecci is that the changing pad is removable and the bag and everything is machine washable (PPB is dry clean only). And after I dry cleaned my PPB it disintegrated the stabilizer and it became floppy.

I also actually like the vinyl lining in the Kecci instead of the water-resistant nylon in the PPB. My DD's sippy spilled over in my PPB bag and it soaked through.

Also, the Kecci closes with a magnetic snap instead of Velcro like the PPB. Personally, I'm a Velcro person and I found the Kecci magnetic snap to be a little weak in strength but at least it has an inner zipper.

Where the PPB has that fold-out changing pad in the front with the 2 pockets, the Kecci doesn't have any front external compartments. It has one huge zippered compartment along the whole back of the bag to store the backpack straps.

Unlike PPB, the backpack straps do not completely come off - the straps are more like the Alpha 7, attached at the top and able to tuck away into the zippered back compartment. Size-wise, they're the identical.

The two external side "bottle" pockets are also elasticized on the Kecci so I probably won't have the stretched-out fabric problem I had on my PPB where now my keys even fall out.

On the inside, the Kecci has 2 additional pockets that run the length of the bag in addition to the 2 side bottle and one velcroed mommypocket like the PPB.

I can't think of anything else right now - you just can't be $37 with a stick! I justify that I can get 4 Kecci bags for the price of one PPB -now I can get one in each color!! ;)

Phoebe
07-14-2004, 11:20 PM
that price difference is unbelievable - thanks for all the info :)

smbirth
07-20-2004, 10:47 PM
I wanted to say "Thank you" also!! The first time I stumbled on these boards I saw the Keccis and fell in love immediately. I was lucky enough to get in on the co-op, I sent my order in on July 6th and I had my bag by July 10th. Amazing!! Also a wonderful price, thanks so much to supercalifragilous for doing this!!

Now I am hooked on WW bags and considering a Skip Hop!! When will the insanity end??? My baby boy is not even due until September!!

Sheri