PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose my birthday gift!!!

Little Ladybug
07-12-2004, 06:02 PM
I usually post on the Reality Layette board, but I take a peek over here pretty often, and I need your expert advice. :) I've got a birthday coming up, and DH has graciously agreed to get me a new fun diaper bag! Here's what I currently own:

Lilly Pulitzer Diaper Bag (everyday bag for summer)
Kate Spade Diaper Tote
Large Toile Boutique Bag (like Ella and WW)
Small Toile Tote Bag (DS's daycare bag)
LE Little Tripper (DH's bag)

As you can see, I've got several boutique-type bags already, so I probably don't want another WW/Ella bag at this point. I don't know that I am sold on the vinyl covering on the Mothership, plus I think it might be too big for me. What else would you recommend? (DH would probably be opposed to anything above $250 or so, but other than that I am flexible on price). I like the look of the black and purple Talene Reilly bag. Any thoughts on that one, or any other suggestions? I'd like to find something sassy and fun, but functional at the same time! Thanks!

robmab719
07-12-2004, 06:32 PM
Oooh, you lucky girl!! I have a birthday coming up too, but I've had to buy my own diaper bag gifts. ;) DH would have a stroke if he knew how much I spend on these things!

Yes, I think the Talene Reilly bag would be an awesome choice. I've heard nothing but good things about them, and they are oh-so-stylish!

Have you checked out the Petunia Pickle Bottom backpacks and toddler totes? They are beautiful bags and very boutique-looking, but in a different way than the other bags in your collection.

Another option might be the Holly Aiken bags. I've been lusting after those for a few months now. They're so cool and modern!

And I have no idea if this is your style or not, but this is the bag Gwyneth Paltrow is carrying (with "Apple" spelled out with the charms):
http://www.pinkmascara.com/noname46.html

Little Ladybug
07-12-2004, 06:47 PM
Robyn, that picture of your daughter is absolutely darling! What a cute bonnet!

I have considered the Petunia Pickle Bottom totes - I like the Hamptons and Yacht Club patterns in particular. Those are definitely on my list to consider!