PDA

View Full Version : Does the "under the flap" velcro on the Alpha 7 bug you?

debbiet.
07-12-2004, 07:46 PM
Hello All,

I am considering this bag—I really want it, but I was wondering
if the velcro under the front flap bugs any of you
(or do you like it and why?).

It seems really thick and industrial. Can you get it opened with one hand? Otherwise this bag seems perfect.
Let me know—I am going back and forth.

Thanks!
Debbie

Mommy to Joelle

masetane
07-12-2004, 09:33 PM
I was on the fence too but it doesn't bother me. I can do it one handed or I don't bother to press it down at all b/c the flap is big enough. This is me playing with the bag for 2 days though so maybe I would change my mind with more use? I'm waiting for my exchange bag to come.
Caroline
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

debbiet.
07-12-2004, 10:14 PM
Thanks Caroline!

I really appreciate your great info. Sounds good! One step closer to buying yet another bag :)

Debbie

Mommy to Joelle

Truska
07-13-2004, 09:19 AM
You know, I was a little put off by the velcro at first too, before I got it, and now, I must admit, that it doesn't bother me at all, and I kind of like it! I love the I can open it one-handed (easily, you don't have to tug and pull), and yet it stays closed if you need it to. Personally, I think it's great!

jasabo
07-13-2004, 12:38 PM
I love it! It's very easy to open with one hand, and stays closed when you need it to. Aside from having a bag that just stays open (like a tote), it's been the easiest bag for me to use. Zippers, ribbon closures, snaps, etc., just don't work as well for me.

Lisa - mom to 1 yr old twin boys

priscilla73
07-13-2004, 05:06 PM
Debbie
I had the same concerns as you. The velcro was a near deal breaker for me. However, after receiving it, it does not bother me at all. It has a very strong grip to it. I really wanted so badly for it to have a magnetic snap. But after receiving my Mothership yesterday, I find the snap harder to line up w/ one hand. I think I actually prefer the velcro. I can't believe it, but it's true.

Priscilla

robmab719
07-13-2004, 06:04 PM
I totally agree. The Mothership snap (as well as the magnetic snap on my Ella backpack) is really hard to get snapped. It has to be lined up just perfectly. The Alpha 7 definitely doesn't have that problem. My only objection to it is that I really hate that "ripping" sound that velcro makes, but it still wasn't enough to keep me from buying the bag!

priscilla73
07-13-2004, 06:06 PM
Yes, the ripping sound is annoying.

debbiet.
07-13-2004, 06:17 PM
Thanks everyone!
This has been a big help. The small things in life make a big difference :)

Debbie

Mommy to Joelle