PDA

View Full Version : Please help me to decide (Timbuk2 bag, of course!)

anutalp
07-12-2004, 10:58 PM
Like everybody on this forum, well, at least, the major part of it, I'm trying to decide about the Timbuk2 colors.
That's hard!!! Let's help each other and say what we think about the bags we're going to choose.
I was thinking about Burgundy-Silver-Burgundy with Silver logo, burgundy strap pad, silver cellphone case and silver strap pouch.
The link to my bag is
http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/byobclassic.t2?uid=a2sbgssbgssbgsssssnnnnnynnynnn
(I don't know why but it's keep putting the cordura fabric inside, it's supposed to be ballistic).
Please help to decide if it goes together, maybe I should take burgundy everything (cellphone case and strap pouch).
It's just so difficult to decide, I'm sure you understand me, in fact you're the only one who'll understand :)
Thanks a lot,

Smiles81
07-12-2004, 11:09 PM
I like your bag!! I would probably keep th silver accesories. It will look better on the black strap. The silver is nice IRL. JMO. It probably really doesn't matter. HTH
Smiles81

Twin Mom
07-12-2004, 11:36 PM
I agree, I think the silver accessories are a nice contrast. I'm having the same problem deciding on colors and the bag builder doesn't really show you how the colors look IRL so it is hard for me to visualize how the different combinations will look.

HTH

anutalp
07-13-2004, 01:23 AM
Thanks for your replies, ladies.

Melanie
07-13-2004, 01:59 AM
Ana that looks nice!

I need help, too! Ana, your selection is sharp, I didn't even think of that. I'm trying to decide between practical that will match my unassuming wardrobe or fun & funky.

Fun & Funky or just Fugly? I'm not a fan of the online version of these colors, but when trolling eBay I've found the green to be pretty.

or

A more subdued version of fun
or
Practical and may actually match my wardrobe Do you think Royal would look better?

I've not seen any of these colors in person...opinions?

And can someone explain the left vs right-handed orientation? If I wear it with strap on my left shoulder, when messenger-style - which is that? And if I were to order it that way, can I still wear it non-messenger style on my right shoulder sometimes? I think I'll ask them too, but you ladies are quicker with replies! LOL.

Strap Pad- Yay or Nay? Is it removeable if I don't like it?

tippy
07-13-2004, 02:52 AM
I like your last choice best, first choice least and second if you switch to two blue with the silver in the middle. HTH

tippy
07-13-2004, 02:56 AM
I like it too. It looks good the way it is but the silver does stand out more. If all the accessories came in burgundy I would probably go that route but the strap pad doesn't so...HTH

Buzymommy5
07-13-2004, 02:58 AM
i've always loved the green. i want the metro, artist graphic & tote, but cant decide which to buy :) these bags tend to be on the more masculine, rugged side just because of the material,straps, and style of bag(similar to heavy duty backpacks) and i think the bright colors and graphic designs sets it apart from regular messenger bags and gives it an original edgy look. i have a couple with the graphic designs and would describe them as funky, sporty...and i love funky! its fun to have things that are different and offbeat...you can have blah anytime!

btw, don't buy the strap pads...it makes the straps bulky and ugly! you dont even need it...i put mine away immediatly!

chris

tippy
07-13-2004, 03:09 AM
Thanks so much for the tip on the strap pad!!!

anutalp
07-13-2004, 03:17 AM
First of all thanks for your reply.
I like the last choice, I put the royal and I like the navy blue much more.
The strap pad is removable, somebody here wrote that if you want to wear it not messenger style but just on your shoulder it is an essential.
I'm trying to match my bag with my aubergeen bugaboo, that's why this color scheme.

Melanie
07-13-2004, 03:22 AM
Thanks, you put into words how I am feeling...that I want it to look different from an off-the-shelf bag and more feminine. Also, I would SO buy one of the graphic ones if it had the center divider as an option!

Melanie
07-13-2004, 03:23 AM
>I like your last choice best, first choice least and second
>if you switch to two blue with the silver in the middle.
>HTH

Ooh! I like it better that way, too! Thank you!

Melanie
07-13-2004, 03:26 AM
>The strap pad is removable, somebody here wrote that if you
>want to wear it not messenger style but just on your shoulder
>it is an essential.

Oh, that might be an issue for me as I'm not sure how I will wear it, yet.

Buzymommy5
07-13-2004, 05:44 AM
i wear it both ways, but mainly as a shoulder bag. and trust me, you don't need it...that strap pad is humongous. it doesn't lay nicely or curve to the shoulders because it's very stiff and thick and on top of that, its too long. also, the straps on bag are already 2" wide, add that additional thick strap pad on and it just looks too masculine...if i had to use it, it would only be if i were using as bag as a messenger, and even at that, unless you are a bike messenger or plan on doing some strenuous errands you will not need the strap pad :)

chris

Buzymommy5
07-13-2004, 06:09 AM
i thought the same thing too, but their bags are so compartmentalized to begin with. The main compartment, which has one zippered pocket and two smaller pockets and three pen holders, is very roomy and molds to whatever you put in it. I can fit a bottle, powder dispenser, bottled water, extra clothes, burp cloth, bag dispenser, 4 diapers, and diaper wipes and probably more.

it is then separated by a large front pocket that zippers almost along the whole front of bag. (this, to me, works as a divider and I use it for mommy things) this large pocket also has two additional pockets that you can use to hold a small phone and palm pilot. I can fit my large wallet, checkbook, cosmetic bag, and key purse with room for more. also, under the flap are two more pockets! this is a well organized un-diaper bag!

chris

marnay
07-13-2004, 08:11 AM
I ordered a small messanger in black-orange-black in ballistic and a small mini metro in pink. I couldn't decide between the orange and the pink so got two bags!

oh and I got a orange strap pouch too.

I like the burgundy-sliver-burgundy, it will be a nice year round bag!

Smiles81
07-13-2004, 09:51 AM
Yeah you don't need the strap pad, b/c the peewee will not be heavy enough where the strap will dig in. The strap is very comfortable without it.

Reena
Mom to Dovi 3/16/04

jamierush
07-13-2004, 12:39 PM
Another no go on the Strap Pad, Totally not needed either way you carry it.

I love the colors you chose :)

jamierush
07-13-2004, 12:49 PM
So one combo I am considering is the small, with Red-silver-Red, with center divider and silver logo with silver strap pouch.

I have a metro( light green/silver/light green) so the silver strap pouch would work on both.

here are my questions?

do you think that I should stick with a black strap pouch so it blends better, or go with the silver?

My metro does have a grab strap, with I do use on a regular basis, should i get it on this bag too?

Melanie
07-13-2004, 06:37 PM
I think the silver. At least for me, I am selecting a contrasting color just so it's easy for me to see! I get rather distracted when out with a toddler and don't want to worry about stuff like that.

Melanie
07-13-2004, 06:58 PM
I seriously pack A LOT of stuff...(i.e. my Avent backpack is stuffed, my large Ella is stuffed, my Sally Spicer Diaper Bag is stuffed)?

Am I going to want this as soon as Ds graduates to boxers?

ETA - reg. colors, check out this section to play with the colors ON bags

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/catalog/categories.t2?categoryId=6

Go into the bag and you can see even more color combos...now I am considering this one:

http://www.timbuk2.com/images/275/classic/rbsspb.jpg

Smiles81
07-13-2004, 08:30 PM
If you pack that much stuff; you may feel a small is a little small for you. Something to think about. I pack a drop lighter now b/c of the bag, but in a way its good - if the bag is to packed, it means I'm takinag to much. I have never felt I should've bought something I hadn't. I think the peewee is still good for toddlers. But a metro could be nice if you have the chance.
Reena
Mom to Dovi 3/16/04

anutalp
07-13-2004, 11:27 PM
I like that one, it will be perfect all-season bag.
Tough time deciding...

tippy
07-14-2004, 12:25 AM
I'm curious if you got the "no slip" strap pad or the regular one.

ms tinkerbell
07-14-2004, 01:17 AM
Well, I finally decided on two bags. I got the metro mini in green/silver/green. Then this http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/byobclassic.t2?uid=a2mssjbsscgnnssnnnnnnnnynynnnn
is the bag I did custom. We have a silver with black trim Mountain Buggy, and it was my husbands first choice. I didn't get the grab handle but I got the center divider, and the silver padded pouch.

I'm really looking forward to this!! :)

Tink

http://www.mstinkerbell.com/icons/CIMG1394.jpg