PDA

View Full Version : Help! Mothership came (from Right Start) and.....

stacyleigh
07-13-2004, 01:52 PM
it isn't in perfect condition. I also have some billing issues please tell me what you would do....

1. On the outside top flap there is a one inch square of adhesive (like a sticker was on it then peeled off). I *think* it should come off but am a bit irritated by it...also don't know if I should mess with it in case it doesn't come off.

2. On two areas of the bag (just under the Fleurville logo on front and on bottom corner) there is an area that is either HIGHLY scuffed or got some sort of paint on it. Again I haven't messed with it but am not to confident it will come off. These areas aren't too big but shouldn't a new bag be perfect? (I tried to take a pic but just got the reflection).

3. Billing issues: I was told I would be charged $8 shipping but they charged me $10.95. Also was charged tax and we don't have any stores in the state....shouldn't there be no tax? And lastly I only got 20% off and would love 30%.

So...what would you do? Complain about it all? Just select issues? What sort of resolution should I ask for the damage? A new bag? an additional discount?

:( I really think I am gonna love this bag so I want to be able to use it ASAP!! I also need this bag for vacation in 2 weeks so I don't have alot of time!

Thanks for your help ladies!! I LURK often but don't post here much...and I sooo trust your advice!!

TIA!!

Chelsey333
07-13-2004, 02:10 PM
Someone told me nail polish remover takes out scuffs - and it worked. Might take the sticker off too. It is probably a scuff and not paint-bec it scuffs fairly beasily. About billing, give them a call - it can't hurt.

priscilla73
07-13-2004, 02:45 PM
My shipping was $10.95. Supposedly, they go by the catalog rates. My bag also has 2 places where price stickers have left a little glue. I noticed that right away but I rubbed it off with my finger. I will take a closer look and try nail polish, too. I called back and got the 30% adjustment. They verified it through the Walnut Creek CA store.

There should be no tax for you since there's no store in your state, I believe. If you could get the scuff marks off, I would stick to complaining about the marks and mention that your friends have received 30%. That will cover the tax and give you the 10%. I doubt they will do everything if you request it all. But it's worth a shot. The clerks I've dealt with over the phone have been great.

Priscilla

marnay
07-13-2004, 02:46 PM
I would call and talk to the store you bought it from and tell them your concerns. Explain to them that instead of sending the bag back you would like an additional 20-25% off. It can't hurt to ask, and you may be surprised... I would ask for 25%.

If they refuse, then you need to decide how much you love this bag, and was the discout you already received good enough?

Naydene

priscilla73
07-13-2004, 05:11 PM
Stacy

Don't feel bad about wanting the bag to be in great condition. Even on sale, it still is not 'cheap'. Why shouldn't you get the same price as everybody else? Why should you have to settle for a scuffed up bag? IMO it's not a good deal if it's damaged to begin with. I'm currently going through a bit of a dilema myself with a snagged Alpha 7. I'm wishing I paid more and picked it out at the store myself. I know I cannot live with a snagged up bag, especially since I paid $119 for it!

Priscilla