PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about purchasing the Mothership...

Phoebe
07-13-2004, 06:26 PM
Do I get the Right Start sale one - comes to about $80 with tax and ship. It's navy and has a dark interior which would not be my first choice.

Or, do I get one from the co-op? Then I think I would choose the paisley. I know it's wild, but it speaks to me somehow. ;)

Any advice is always appreciated.

Phoebe, mom to Susan 3, and David 1

priscilla73
07-13-2004, 07:28 PM
Phoebe - I would recommend that you go with the print that you like the best. The co-op price is so great, it's not that much of a difference. I have the Indigo and I do like it. But $80 is still alot of money for a BAG....so.... You should just pay a little more and get the one that's "Calling Your Name!"

Priscilla

robmab719
07-13-2004, 08:28 PM
I agree with Priscilla. As long as you're spending that much anyway, why not spend another $20 and get the one that you know you'll love.

I initially found a great deal on a pink chocolate Mothership and, even though that wasn't my first choice, I couldn't pass up the deal. Well, I got it and wasn't in love. So I ended up selling that one to get the pattern I really did want (Purple Swirl) and it has made all the difference in how much I like/use this bag.

So go with your heart! :)

Phoebe
07-16-2004, 03:05 PM
Robyn and Pricilla,

Thank you for your replies. I now feel like one of those people who earnestly asks for advice and then promptly does the complete opposite. I agreed with what both of you said, but I just couldn't pass up the Rightstart deal! Oh well, if it's not for me, I'll sell it for my cost hopefully.

I do plan to get a wrist bag in paisley when they are available. In the meantime, I'm getting a pink stripe wrist bag to satisfy my print 'needs'.

I considered the escape pods, but read the reviews and changed my mind. The upside down zipper issue and short handles would bug me I think. Thanks for that review, Robyn, btw.

My bag should arrive in the next couple of days, and I'll let you know what I think of it.

Phoebe, mom to Susan 3, and David 1

jec2
07-16-2004, 03:18 PM
Phoebe,

Late in answering but I have the indigo MS and I love it. I originally wanted the purple swirl. The dark interior I thought was going to be a big problem, but with great organization it hasn't been at all. Morevover, I cannot think of anything "dark" that I put in there. Everything of DS's is a light color so I can spot it quite easily. Although, If I had my druthers, a light interiour is preferred.