View Full Version : PICTURES OF NEW PETUNIA PICKLEBOTTOMS

Buzymommy5
07-13-2004, 08:07 PM
HERE THEY ARE....www.petuniapicklebottom.com/new
LOVE THAT BUTTERLY ROLL!

PREORDER AT www.polkadot81435.com
FREE SHIPPING!

The NEW Features:

The Front Flap: The front flap has been lengthened to accomodate more of your stuff in the bag and there's more velcro to achieve closure at different capacities!

Bottle Pockets: Gussets are added to the side pockets as well as the top edge making it easier to slip a bottle or sippy cup into the pocket. There is one internal bottle pocket.

Backpack Straps: The position of the backpack straps has been changed slightly for a more comfortable fit.

Top Zipper: The top zipper now opens completely end-to-end to make it easier to see inside the bag!

Changing Pad: Perhaps the biggest and best improvement to the Boxy Backpack is that the changing pad has been lengthened so you can get more use out of it as the baby grows. The changing pad is now detachable!

More Details:
wear it as a backpack or over the shoulder - the straps are still removable
two external bottle pockets
one internal bottle pocket
removable dirty diaper bag
multiple pockets plus an attached key clip
water resistant lining
dry clean only
dimensions: 12.5" x 13.5"

CHRIS

robmab719
07-13-2004, 08:22 PM
OMG, I think I'm in love!!

That shoulder bag looks awesome. I wonder how big it is? And when will these actually be out? "Fall 2004" is so vague! I need details!!

Buzymommy5
07-13-2004, 08:32 PM
here's the info on shoulder bags:

The Features:

"Comfort" Strap: The new bag features a large, very comfortable strap that can be worn both over-the-shoulder or messenger style. It has a small zippered compartment on the shoulder strap that is easily accessible and perfect for holding a cell phone.

Main Compartment Zipper Closure: There is a very unique zipper top that features a separating zipper. What's great about this feature is that each side of the zipper top flips open and allows the user to completely open the bag and view the contents inside.

Bottle Pockets: There are two outside gusseted side bottle pockets and one internal bottle pocket.

Interior Pocket: There is one interior dirty diaper pouch that velcros off the interior wall of the bag.

Changing Pad: The changing pad is detachable.

PREORDER AT www.polkadot81435.com
FREE SHIPPING!

chris

robmab719
07-13-2004, 08:37 PM
Soooo tempting! But at $175, I'm going to have to sell some of my other bags to afford this one. Or maybe Santa will bring it to me. ;) (I must be the only gal on the planet that starts making her Christmas list in July!)

I love the cell phone pocket on the strap though. What a great idea!

lmariana
07-13-2004, 09:25 PM
I had a bad experience with polkadot81435.com. :( I received a Chester "Diaper Bag" from them, and they sent the wrong bag. I tried to contact them via email and phone and never heard back. :( So, I took my complaint directly to Chester, which fixed the problem immediately.

Just though I'd throw that out there. Someone else on here had the same thing happen with a Chester bag from them as well.

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

Buzymommy5
07-13-2004, 09:36 PM
wow...now i have to cross my fingers in hopes they get my order correct:/ wish i knew...i guess i'll have to wait and see and let ya know how my experience was. btw,mariana, are there other websites that you had bad experiences with and wouldn't recommend?

chris

heidi_timms
07-13-2004, 10:00 PM
I'm in love with the new fabrics and intrigued by the new handbag. All of these diaper bags are tempting me. Now to find a coop for these new ones! $175, did they raise their prices too?

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

mommieo5
07-13-2004, 10:26 PM
They did raise the prices and quite a bit I bought my sunset Dragon roll at the right start in king of prussia about 1 year ago and I paid 120.00. I love it but the lack of interior pockets and black lining is a pain it is a gorgeous bag though lots of compliments on it.Id love to see the butterfly roll in person

lmariana
07-13-2004, 11:05 PM
Unfortunately, I have had two other bad experiences.

I'd stay away from...
www.hannahbananas.com
www.thebabyoutlet.com

I ordered a Bumble Bag from hannahbananas.com, got charged the wrong amount, never sent me a confirmation, then after 5 days they told me it would be 6 weeks (site didn't say that), then it turns out they are not a licensed dealer for Bumble Bags, hard to get my money back. :(

thebabyoutlet.com has issues. I ordered a Bugaboo stroller from them, site said it was in stock, two weeks later still nothing, call (after 5 unanswered emails) and they say it will be 4 more weeks, I get fiesty, they offer free overnight shipping, I call back the next day, they say they never said that, they say it will be two more weeks, I cancel my order and complain to Bugaboo...turns out they aren't a licensed dealer. Placed order with Stroll and Go. (www.strollandgo.com price matched the 10% discount and I had it within 2 days!)

It's funny, I've been an online shopper forever and never had problems until I started ordering from baby sites!

I've had mostly good experiences, only a few bad apples. :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

Melanie
07-14-2004, 01:28 AM
Mariana did you get my PM (or was it email) about hannahbananas?

robmab719
07-14-2004, 10:28 AM
I thought I remembered hearing about a bad experience with this e-tailer. Thanks for reminding me of your issues, Mariana.

I'm sure other sites will start offering the new Petunias soon enough. And who knows...they might even have a better price. A girl can hope, right? In the meantime, I will just drool over the photos and try to decide on a fabric (and of course SAVE my pennies)!

lmariana
07-14-2004, 11:02 AM
No! What was it about, did you have a bad experience too?

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

supercalifragilous
07-14-2004, 03:23 PM
Chris - are you affiliated with polkadot81435? I'm so glad they lengthened the changing pad and made it detachable! Is the changing pad itself made of the same fabric as the bag like the old style or is it made entirely of the interior lining fabric (like the Fiona Lang)? I might use the changing pad but not if it has to be dry cleaned like the rest of the bag...

Do you know if the changing pad is like the Fiona Lang where the changing pad is a separate entity only attached by the two snaps at the bottom? Or is it attached with the zippers?

About the shoulder bags:
Can you lengthen/shorten the shoulder strap? I didn't see any adjustable parts in the picture...

I wish they had a picture of the top zipper - i'm so bad at visualizing stuff... I've never seen a separating zipper like the one you described...

I'm assuming that these bags are effectively REPLACING the previous designs... I noticed they're not offering the new bag in the Cucumber, Hamptons, Yacht Club, Mango, or Bam Bam... Guess we'll still have to surf eBay for those... I saw someone get a Mango Roll for $99!!!

I hope they improved on the stabilizer as well - mine turned floppier than the Kecci once I dry cleaned it... I think upping the price to $175 is too high, considering I have to dry clean it and it loses its shape.

Melanie
07-14-2004, 04:18 PM
No, but I've got her contact info for you...in case you want to try harder to collect...I'll email you.

lmariana
07-14-2004, 04:46 PM
I got your email! I was able to get my money back a while ago, after much headache. :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

Melanie
07-14-2004, 04:52 PM
Oh good!

Buzymommy5
07-14-2004, 10:15 PM
melanie,

i agree with you...$175 is too high considering the lack of bells and whistles on that bag. i'm not affiliated with that company but they've been pretty good with returning emails, so i would try asking them abou the shoulder bag.

about the backpacks, i actually saw one in person not realizing it was the new and improved version. it was the cucumber, and they are still offering it in new bag but will eventually discontinue. the zipper opening is way more convenient. opens along the entre top edge of bag...much easier to get into. looked like it had more pockets on the inside...could be wrong...also, it looks like the changing pad is in same place, it just completely detaches.

also, which fabric do you have in your ppb? i just received my bam bam and not quite sure if i should ever consider dry cleaning or scotch guarding after reading yours and several other message sites. heard it depends on which fabric you buy...

chris

supercalifragilous
07-20-2004, 04:57 PM
I've Scotch Guarded my PPB with no problems. Didn't change the color or damage the bag. I'd rather Scotch Guard it instead of dry cleaning it and having it turn floppy.

Since I bought my PPB from eBay, although the seller said it was never used and "stuck in her closet," the front of the bag had some sun damage and the fabric on the front is lighter than that on the back. If I had a new PPB, carried it messenger style, and lived in a high-sun area, I would probably carry it back side out (so the flap is on your hip) so prevent sun damage on the front. Actually, now that I look at it, it looks like a bag that's been sitting in a store window for a long time. I don't know, either way, I was pretty ticked at the seller b/c she failed to disclose this.

Yes, I dry cleaned it and it turned floppy. I was so mad! I don't think it was the dry cleaner's fault, either, because I really did my research for a reputable dry cleaner and asked EVERYONE I knew. This guy was voted best in the city by a local newspaper and EVERYONE knew him and recommended him. I really believe it had everything to do with the type of stabilizer PPB used in the bag.

I don't know if my dry cleaning experience is only mine - I've never seen anyone post about cleaning their PPB bag and I've never seen one floppy like mine. I just wouldn't want you to ruin your bag like mine, especially as hard to find as Bam Bam is!

Where did you get your Bam Bam? It's really hard to find (I tried relentlessly before I got this one on eBay) and I was told now that it's exclusive to Saks and another private boutique (for an arm and a leg $$). If you're willing to share, where'd you get it and how much did you get your Bam Bam for? I'm just curious b/c I tried SO HARD to find it!

In retrospect, not finding was a blessing b/c I ended up finding the fabric and I'm having Kim (Whimsical Wears) make a bag for me. PPB insisted that all their fabrics are "exclusively made for PPB." Well, their "exclusive" fabrics are on eBay every day and available through many import companies. I was kinda miffed at PPB lying to me like that to discourage me but I guess that's the way businesses are... I guess I'll just be getting my custom Bam Bam backpack in a different style! (Hope I haven't spoke too soon - Kim's still working on mine...) :P

jk3
07-20-2004, 05:09 PM
I have to say that I'm disapointed with the new fabrics though the new styles look great. They've discontinued my 2 favorites: Bam Bam + Mango Roll + I don't love the new fabrics. They're a bit too wild for my tastes. I was tring to decide between an Alpha 7 or waiting for the new PP bags. I might not get either but I'm excited to see the new Alpha 7 colors.

Jenn
DS 6/03

masetane
07-20-2004, 09:48 PM
If Bam Bam is the red one I saw a bunch at a local store. It's called Tra La La in Irvington, New York. I don't see why they wouldn't ship to you?? Tra La La is on 46 Main St., Irvington, NY 10533, 914-591-5312. It's a boutique and the sales people were really nice.
Caroline
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

maddio
07-20-2004, 10:55 PM
Yep...I had a bad experience with polkadot81435.com as well.
I ordered the Chester Diaper Tote and they sent me the wrong bag.

I emailed them several times and called them everyday and they never answered. Needless to say I will never do business with them and I would never recommend them to anyone. Bad customer service really turns me off.

I contacted Chester directly and they were very happy to send out the bag I wanted.

-Linda

supercalifragilous
07-21-2004, 01:35 PM
:) Thanks for the tip and all that info, Caroline! You make me smile :) The Bam Bam is actually the light blue one. On the website it says that color/style is exclusive to Saks and This Little Piggy (a boutique) in Santa Barbara, CA (where PPB is based).

I really liked the red one (Sunset Dragon) and I debated getting that for a while but blue is still my fave color so I stuck it out to find the Bam Bam and then the turquoise dragonfly one popped upon eBay!

I really loved the Mango Roll too - I kept fawning over it and then DH pointed out that I may not be so hot for that color in the future after using it every day. (In my mind I was secretly thinking, "That's OK, I'll probably have 5 other diaper bags to choose from and rotate through in that future he's referring to...") Little did he know that was just the start of my dipe bag/fabric obsession! It's kind of a strong coppery color (IMHO) but I found it strikingly beautiful. And I really thought the dragonflies were cute. I don't think I have a thing for dragonflies but for some reason I always end up with stuff with them. Oh well, I digress... Too bad PPB is discontinuing it!

Buzymommy5
07-21-2004, 04:12 PM
you were the one who found the fabric :) read it on one of the threads. lucky you! i love this fabric...it's my favorite. who did you purchase the fabric from? wasnt sure if i understood correctly, but did you scotch guard the bam bam? btw, got the bag at a florida saks 5th avenue but it was the last one they had. needless to say, i was really shocked to find one! anyhow, i would try calling around several saks if your still interested in buying bag.

Chris

supercalifragilous
07-22-2004, 02:33 PM
Yep, that was me! :) I tried to reply to that thread to "claim" that (then again I don't know if I was the ONLY one) but I had gotten distracted at work and when I hit Post Message it had logged me out! I don't have a working computer @ home so I just forgot about it...

I found the fabric at www.orientalbrocade.com. They also have the turquoise dragonfly fabric. EBay has lots of beautiful brocades too (Kim turned me on to it) but I kept going back to that Bam Bam fabric. The red Sunset Dragon fabric can be found at www.transprism.com too, if anyone is interested.

I've Scotch Guarded my old PPB bag with no problems and I've read that Kim Scotch Guards all of her bags and I'm sure if there was a problem she would have told me.

Lucky you :D -- probably the last Bam Bam boxy backpack on earth, especially since they're discontinuing that fabric! I can't spend that much $$ on a PPB anymore, especially with what happened to mine after I dry cleaned it. But I sure can't wait to get my WW "bam bam" backpack! I totally feel like I got a great deal for the price in a fabric I adore!

Are you the one who was unsure if you really liked it now that you got it? I would definitely keep it b/c the demand is there (since it's so rare now) and I've seen it sold WITHOUT TAGS (I'm assuming gently used) on eBay for $160!!!! :7

jk3
07-22-2004, 03:49 PM
Thanks for posting that link. Please post pictures of your WW bag when you receive it. I'm keeping this in mind should there be another coop. I don't need a new bag but designing one with those fabrics would be fantastic!

Jenn
DS 6/03

jk3
07-28-2004, 09:18 PM
The yellow trim on my backpack (bambam) is turning a bit grey. Do I risk dry cleaning the bag? Is there another way to clean it? Thanks!!!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

jk3
07-29-2004, 08:43 AM
Bump!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png