PDA

View Full Version : I've had multiple diaper-bagasms lately....

supercalifragilous
07-14-2004, 05:35 PM
Can someone start a Diaperbagaholics Anonymous, please? Diaper bags are to me what shoes were to Carrie/SJP in Sex In The City. (No, I haven't spent $40,000 in diaper bags.....yet...)

WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME, that every time a new bag is mentioned I have this impulsive need to go check it out in person? I'm actually relieved when I see a new thread for a bag I've already seen before and ruled out as not-for-me. Please, no more posts about newly redesigned bags!! LOL! :P Don't torture me!

No more Asian-inspired brocade bags, please! Aagh! TORTURE! :+ I'm also a brocade addict! The only thing stopping me from raiding brocades on eBay is my need to feel the fabric itself or see it IRL. That and the outrageous shipping that costs more than the fabric itself! That leads to my next self-imposed ban....

No more Free Shipping or co-op deals! :+ Someone officially stamp "Free Shipping/Co-op SUCKER" on my forehead already! I'm a sucker for a good deal - After getting my PPB, I always rationalize, "Well, this is the equivalent of ___ PPB bags... (i.e. 4 Kecci for the price of 1 PPB, 3 Fiona Langs for 1 PPB) DH is SO REGRETTING letting me get a PPB!!

Thank God for that "List Your Bags" thread - I need to print that out for DH so he knows it's not just me!

DH is also cursing the day I "met" Kim from Whimsical Wears - she's like talking to an old friend or something - she's so sweet and honest! What can be better than having an A+++ seamstress custom-making a bag for you??? The possibilities are endless! I was going to order 3 at once (one in each "favorite" fabtic) but Kim talked me out of it, saying I should get the first one and look it over -- what a smart woman! That way I can see if I like the pocket sizes, elasticized pockets, all the options and change them if I wanted for the next bag... Please, Kim, I know I keep asking you if you're designing a messenger bag style or accessories but just lie to me and tell me NO and hang up on me PLEASE! :7

There are just no drugs for this - Does this qualify as obessive-compulsive behavior? Obessing over diaper bags and compulsively buying them?

Now back to the "List Your Bags" thread so I can print out an updated copy for DH -- my saving grace! And all hail Mariana, the Diaper Bag Queen! You are my inspiration! :D

momathome
07-14-2004, 06:32 PM
Oh, boy, I feel for you! With my first child, I had 2 inexpensive diaper bags over 3 years. They were fine. With my second child, I have lost count (somewhere in the dozen+ range). And now that we are working on child #3, I am dreaming and obsessing about the Loom Marsupial, Fleurville Alpha 7, Chester Backpack, amd the Kecci Shanghai Mommy Bag. It does not end!

robmab719
07-14-2004, 06:52 PM
I could've written that post, except that I do not yet own a PPB. (Although I've been trying to rationalize pre-ordering the new shoulder bag against ALL my better judgment. Somebody STOP ME!!!)

I've realized that I am very much an "impulse shopper" when it comes to diaper bags. Does it matter to me that (a) I don't really need another bag, (b) the bag I am ordering is almost exactly the same in size/features to one that I already own, or (c) I've never seen one IRL and I'm not even sure that I'll like it? NO! All of that goes right out the window when the word "co-op" is mentioned.

I know I have to stop. And they say that the first step is admitting you have a problem, right? So what's step #2? :)

icunurse
07-14-2004, 07:05 PM
Oh, it is so nice to know that I am not alone. Maybe we should have a support group for diaper bag addiction? The list definitely makes me look better (I think) when I show DH, but it also makes me realize that tere is room to grow! DS isn't even 6 months yet and I am already planning bags for when I have two or three little ones in tow. I rationalize it by saying that this is basically my purse for the next few years and, like a purse, you have different bags for different needs. Well, it sounds convincing to me! ;)
Traci
~Connor's Mom~

masetane
07-14-2004, 09:10 PM
You are not alone. What I find amusing about myself is that for my first child, a small Lands End and sharing my Herve Chapelier were fine. With my second, a Little Tripper was fine (my oldest didn't have much stuff to bring along. Now that they are 3.5 years and 16 months I am going crazy buying bags that would have been more helpful to me when they were infants!! Go figure! I always loved bags so now I just combined it with the fact that I love buying kid stuff. I will say, this co op stuff is just killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Caroline
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

Gayletmomto4
07-14-2004, 11:12 PM
"Hello, my name is Gayle and I am a compulsive diaper bag buyer."

It's getting so bad that when I got my new Mothership today (the Right Start sale) and started to pack it, I realized that I have a system for organizing the contents. Pretty OCD, huh?