PDA

View Full Version : When would you start to panic about bag exchange?

masetane
07-14-2004, 10:21 PM
OK - I won an Alpha 7 on 6/20 and paid using part paypal and most using a money order (so as not to charge more on my credit card) Bag arrived to me July 6th and had some dings on the top in addition to being extremely wrinkled. Seller said no problem to exchange and was very nice about it (offered to reimburse for some shipping). I sent the bag back with delivery confirmation and insurance and the bag was received on 7/10 in the afternoon. Finally, yesterday, I couldn't stand it anymore and emailed to ask when the new bag will be mailed out. No reply. 2nd email today but no reply as of yet. Since I esentially paid cash, I'm nervous. When do I call the contact number to see what's going on. I don't want to be a pain/embarrass myself of a person which I feel I already have been in wanting to exchange the bag in the first place for some minor flaws. Sometimes on ebay what you get is what you get. Any advice is appreciated. (watch me get a reply tomorrow!!) The seller is mickeydoou and I know Mariana had good experience with him so this is feeling confusing.
Caroline
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

parkersmama
07-14-2004, 11:37 PM
Caroline, I would go ahead and call. If you get to talk to him, just tell him that you're anxious for it to arrive because you're so excited about it. He'll understand. I've been burned in an eBay transaction before (along with a multitude of other foks that got scammed by the same guy) and I think I waited too long to start asking questions. My money was refunded by Paypal but not until I had gone through a bunch of other channels to try to fix the situation. If there's going to be a problem, it's better to have the proof that you tried to contact him (keep track). All that being said, I bet it's already on it's way to you! Good luck and don't feel silly...it's *your* money!

Chelsey333
07-15-2004, 08:33 AM
I get nervous anytime I have to exchange an internet purchase-even from a reputable store, it just makes me anxious until I have what I paid for in my hands. Maybe he is unorganized and behind on his emails. Sometimes it can get hectic selling a ton of things on ebay, and maybe he is not very good at responding timely to people. Bec it did take him a while to mail out the bag in the first place. I would wait to hear from him today and then call tomorrow.

btw, I received my escape pod from you and I love it! Thanks!

masetane
07-15-2004, 04:39 PM
Maybe - although he has had the original bag now for almost a week. I left another email today and a phone message at the store and the number that ebay provided. Nothing yet..... I'll let you all know if it turns out to be a bum deal so you can be aware on ebay. Sigh. Glad you like the Escape Pod - it was tough mailing that away to you !! :)
Caroline
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

masetane
07-15-2004, 09:42 PM
Well, I don't know what to say since this seller was so helpful in all my other emails (including the exchange) but now that the bag was received a week ago - nothing. I have left 2 more emails, 2 phone messages at Cassidy's Castle (anyone in Rocklin, CA area heard of this retailer?? - I only got this number b/c their address was on the original package and Fleurville had them listed). Now I contaced ebay for their contact info and the person who answered the phone said "I got your recorded message. There is no one here by that name." I'm not trying to cause problems for them since they did reply prior, but I sent ebay a message asking if they had any other info for them. I'm about ready to cry since I sent them a money order - $100 is a lot of money for me to lose. My next step is to ask Paypal ($40 for the Escape Pod was paid via paypal) for any info). anyone have any other advice?? The ebay seller was mickeydoou and they had good feedback. I can't understand why they haven't contacted me at all or told me for a whole week that my bag was received and exchange on the way.
Caroline
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

supercalifragilous
07-21-2004, 03:38 PM
Have you heard back from this Mickeydoou yet? I'm so sorry you're going through this! I had a bad experience with an eBay seller too only I didn't use Paypal at all - just a money order for 100% of the sale. I ended up keeping the stupid damaged bag (and I WAAAAYYY overpaid for it considering the damage) even though he offered a "full" refund - I didn't trust him anymore. I had to hound him by e-mail and through the eBay contact phone # (actually, I left several messages) and he FINALLY sent me 25% of the purchase price back. X(

I hope this works out for you! I'm crossing my fingers!

masetane
07-21-2004, 03:58 PM
Hi - It all worked out in the end. I actually feel a little foolish because he was away on vacation and had sent my bag via ups (over a week delivery!!) before he left. So, I feel silly having sent so many emails. But, I still think he should have just dropped me a quick email before he left - I had delivery confirmation for a week. I did start to freak out when I called the ebay contact info and on the second time, was told no one was there by that name and got hung up on. He was very nice about it so all in all, I would recommend him if you want to buy a Fleurville on ebay. He even paid for the shipping for my damaged bag. So, I am feeling a little silly for being neurotic and I aplogoized to him and asked for his understanding. I had been burned on ebay before too and when his phone number didn't work, his paypal address (I paid partly that way) was different than all the other email addresses - I got really nervous.
My bag is hear and I am soooo thrilled with it. I only wish there was more of a place to put my stuff away from the kids.
Caroline
Sorry to hear about your experience - my lesson is that I will never pay by money order again.
Caroline
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

supercalifragilous
07-22-2004, 02:55 PM
I'm so relieved that it worked out for you in the end! Thanks for the update! I don't think you're neurotic in the slightest - I would have reacted exactly the same way, especially when the phone call didn't work out! :7

Yep, now that I FINALLY have signed up for Paypal I will never resort to money orders again either!!

parkersmama
07-22-2004, 11:32 PM
Glad it worked out Caroline! ITA, he should have sent an email with an update and tracking number. Oh, well, at least you got it and you're in love! :)