PDA

View Full Version : Hey check it out...

lmladuke
07-16-2004, 06:52 PM
My backpack I ordered from Kim at Whimsical Wears is an "Artisan Offering" special edition. Kim had mentioned to me when she mailed me my bag that she was going to do this as a promotion because she liked the bag so much. I know a few people liked the bag, so she has 9 more "limited editions" for purchase. She added a few things to the bag that I don't have - like that neat silver key slip that came out after I ordered mine.

I really love this bag and this fabric its so pretty...

Here's the link

http://www.whimsicalwears.com/novapack.htm

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan 7/27/01
and to Baby Girl EDD 7/31/04

lmintzer
07-16-2004, 07:01 PM
Hi Lori. I just saw this today too! I'm thinking of ordering one. Glad to know you are happy. Do you think there will be enough room in the bag for your two kids? I have 2 still in diapers, at least for the time being.

masetane
07-16-2004, 08:28 PM
these are nice - the only thing that keep me from ordering a WW bag is the little loop that goes around a button for closure. I'd rather have something more substantial. she does nice work - I would love to watch her sew because I am just learning how to.
Caroline
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

icunurse
07-16-2004, 08:35 PM
I have to confess....I liked it so much when you posted pics before (that was you, right?), that I recently ordered a similar one from the Ella co-op. I wasn't too crazy about the button loop, though, so I went with a magnetic closure. Now I REALLY can't wait to get mine!
Traci
~Connor's Mom~

lmladuke
07-17-2004, 09:42 AM
Well, my son is also still in diapers (he is a few months younger than yours)so I too will be carrying diapers for 2. I think this bag is great for "stylish" everyday use (i.e. - where you are not lugging the whole house with you) If you are the type of person who brings 3 extra changes of clothing - then this probably won't be your best bet - but there is plenty of room for the necessities: diapers, wipes, changing pad, "mommy stuff", bottle/cup, a sweater, snacks and a few toys.

I am also going to order a tote from Kim for the days when I want to bring "more" stuff. And I am looking into maybe getting a skiphop or alpha7 as a more diaper-baggy type.

With this promotion I noticed Kim has added the option of a pocket outside of the bag. I would love that, as my beat up gap diaper backpack had one and that is where I use to throw my stuff - to keep it separate from baby stuff. It's a neat option - wish she had it when she did my bag.

Lori

lmintzer
07-17-2004, 02:57 PM
Lori,
Thanks for the info. One further question: do you have any idea what the pocket would hold? It sounds like it would be UNDER the flap. To me, that means it would only hold thin things like a very thin wallet, etc. Maybe Kim could clarify?

lmladuke
07-17-2004, 03:08 PM
I don't know what the pocket would hold - I would think based on the style of the bag that it would not be a very bulky pocket though. I would definately ask Kim she is great about answering questions!

Lori

Dscvrlifewith3
07-17-2004, 03:47 PM
The pocket is on the outside of the exterior, the flap will come up over the pocket (so the entrance of the pocket would be covered). I guess it depends on what you are packing. I am thinking it could hold a wallet, its big enough to hold a wipes case.

lmintzer
07-20-2004, 02:54 PM
Yay--I ordered one! It looks so pretty and classy--I can't wait to get it!

Phx115
07-21-2004, 01:54 PM
I just ordered one myself. I ordered the empire monogram on the flap. I can't find what this monogram looks like on the website. Will this look okay, or should I (can I?) change it.

I am new at this diaper bag thing. My previous bags have been an Eddie Bauer backpack and a Coach leather bag that is tearing at the bottom.

Thanks,
Kristy
DS Eric 5-28-03

lmladuke
07-21-2004, 03:38 PM
Ask Kim to email you a link to the monogram. I bet she can.

Hey is your coach diaper bag the Hamptons tote? That's what mine is, and the piping a tearing at the bottom of the bag also. You wouldn't mind, but I did not use it a ton with DS - and it was over $200 - you think for that $$ it would hold up like steel. Hmmm, maybe I will contact coach and make them fix it.

Lori

supercalifragilous
07-21-2004, 04:00 PM
Just wanted to chime in on this one -

I have a Coach purse and wallet they don't make anymore that I purchased at a Coach outlet. I had some issues with the purse (the strap kept unbuckling) so I took it to the Coach store and they took it, sent it out (postage paid), and they sent me a new extra strap, and my purse (the problem was that the holes were too big and there was nothing that could be done). I was really impressed with their customer service. DH's Coach wallet is also unraveling and the leather is wearing really thin in places (it's 7 years old) and I have a feeling they would be willing to replace it.

It's definitely worth a try!

Dscvrlifewith3
07-21-2004, 04:03 PM
Coach will repair or replace your items if they tear up like this. Call them, speak to them and they should send you a postage paid envelope to ship it back to them.

Many companies do this, Nike, Carters, and Boppy are some others.

Phx115
07-21-2004, 11:33 PM
Lori - My Coach diaper bag is the Hamptons tote. I never even thought about having it repaired! (Mom brain, I guess). Although, I do find that it can be pretty bulky, too. As my son gets older, I don't really need all of that space (of course I do find a way to fill it up anyway)!

Kristy
DS Eric 5-28-03