PDA

View Full Version : Skip Hop Colors

jk3
07-17-2004, 12:55 AM
I've seen the black bag at Nordstroms + I liked it a lot. Has anyone seen the Charcoal SH IRL? If so, what does it look like? On the website, they look identical. I'm trying to decide on a color and might want to opt for a basic bag. If not, I'll probably go with an ice blue or mushroom.

Thanks!

Jenn
DS 6/03

masetane
07-17-2004, 01:50 AM
It looks sort of like a faded black. Big difference when I held the two next to each other b/c the black is true, night black. I think www.expressivetoys.com had a good color chart b/c you can see the difference. Dont know if its the same one that the skip hop website offers...
Caroline
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

jk3
07-17-2004, 09:25 AM
Thanks. The charcoal + black look pretty similar to me. I might have to go with the ice blue but I'm nervous that it will get dirty too quickly. I'd like to use this bag as an all purpose bag that I don't need to worry about...!

Jenn
DS 6/03

debbiet.
07-17-2004, 11:05 AM
Hello All,

I have the charcoal skip hop and love it.
The color does not feel faded at all. Just a rich dark gray.
I purchased it to go with my maclaren techno which is black and gray and I love the color! I did not want to get black so this was a great option. It is not as dark as it looks on the website.

Debbie
Mommy to Joelle

masetane
07-17-2004, 10:00 PM
Yeah - Debbie described it much better. Definitely in the dark grey category. Black is truly a deep black!! I personally liked the charcoal better.
Caroline
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

saschalicks
07-17-2004, 11:01 PM
Jenn,
I got the Skip*Hop in Ice Blue, and had the same thought about it being too light, but when it arrived I loved it so much I decided to keep it. One thing to think about is what Jessica said in another thread: is that her black one gives her a black hole affect, which may also be a problem with a Charcoal. If that might present a problem for you, you might want to consider the lighter colors.

megulis
07-18-2004, 03:13 AM
Hey Debbie, do you get the black hole effect? I am looking at the olive, mushroom, ice blue, red, and maybe even the storm. As you can see, I am very indecisive. I am thinking most of those colors are too bold of a statement for me though.

debbiet.
07-18-2004, 06:35 PM
Hi,

I am not bothered with the black hole affect.
Part of the bag is lined with the interior color, charcoal in my case. Overall I like this bag since I can throw it in the machine too.

The interior pockets are black, but I use them for diaper wipes which are white, so it's a good thing!

Debbie
Mommy to Joelle

twofallbabies
07-19-2004, 10:49 AM
Debbie,
Does the weight of the Skip Hop on your Mac make the stroller feel tippy? I was seriously checking out the Quests and Volos at BuyBuyBaby yday (I really want something lighter), and they all felt SO TIPPY to me. I have a P3, a Pliko Sherpa before that, and a Pliko Trek before that, so I'm used to Pegs.

I also returned a Navy Skip Hop there yday, b/c I was afraid of "black hole syndrome", only to get back by the strollers to see that they now had red and mushroom there! They'd had only black, navy and charcoal when I'd bought mine last Monday. Sigh. I really really like the Charcoal, since all my bags end up being that color when dirty anyway, LOL, but it was just too dark inside for me.

Jessica, MD mama to
Dillon (9/18/98)
& Lucas (10/24/02)

Mia Bella's Gourmet Soy Candles:
http://www.bettersoycandles.com

baby
07-19-2004, 12:36 PM
What is a black whole affect? Someone please explain.

saschalicks
07-19-2004, 03:49 PM
It's when your bag is so dark inside you can never find anything in it. So, you wind up having to pull everything out just to find what you are looking for. It generally happens when the lining of your bag is a very dark color. It's been called the "black hole" because you can never seem to find what you are looking for. Does that make sense?

debbiet.
07-19-2004, 07:59 PM
Hi Jessica,

The bag does not make the stroller feel tippy at all. Especially the maclaren are pretty solid.

If I have it loaded up, I take the bag off, and make it into a shoulder bag out before taking Joelle out to prevent tipping. Any bag would topple the stroller over if too heavy and no child in it.

I even use the bag on my light volo, my other stroller is a techno.

I love my charcoal and the inside color is fine for me...
Once it's filled the colors actually pop off the black lining.
Good luck!

Debbie
Mommy to Joelle