PDA

View Full Version : My strange love of diaper bags has got me thinking ahead.

priscilla73
07-17-2004, 04:58 PM
What am I gonna do when the kids grow up? Should I delay potty training so that I'll have a valid excuse to still shop for diaper bags? lol Right now I have enough diaper bags to supply a small army. I sure hope there's a Handbag forum that we can graduate to when the kids are out of diapers!

Atleast these bags are so cute I won't mind using them even when the kids are grown.

Priscilla

Melanie
07-17-2004, 06:22 PM
LOL! As a person who just received 2 large backpack diaper bags in one week along with ordering a messenger bag...this thought crossed my mind! So I bought a small messenger bag, too. LOL!

I'm an overpacker so I can see myself still bringing an extra change of clothes, snacks, drink, toys, book, etc. even after potty-learning. Eventually they will probably get too be too big for my needs, but then they can be overnight bags for grandma's house! Right now I pack for an army with the diapers, etc.

My husband taught me something important: "Good Moms always have snacks!" I remember in high school, going on field trips and the most popular mom always had the diaper-bag-sized purse and plenty of snacks to share!

=)

priscilla73
07-17-2004, 06:34 PM
I consider myself a "closet collector". My friends have no idea how many strollers or diaper bags I have. I don't tell. When I make a new purchase, I have no one to tell most of the time because they would think I'm nuts. I do share my excitement with my dh. But sometimes they stay hidden so I can space them out a little bit. I don't want to spring them on him all at once. Although this month I didn't do a good job of pacing. I got the old and new Little Trippers, The LE Pink Tote, Blue Alpha, Pink Alpha (on the way) and the Mothership. These were all bought within the last 3 weeks. The Mothership has yet to make her debut. And the Bandicoot will be next.

And yes, good moms always have snacks!

twofallbabies
07-17-2004, 08:21 PM
I went out today with only my 5.5 year old DS, and I still carried a diaper bag (a tote) with us. I brought a change of clothes for him (because if I didn't have it with me, you can bet he'd have an accident or roll in some mud in the parking lot, lol), a drink, 2 snacks, his crayons, paper, cards and a few books.

I can certainly see myself still using bags long into the future, especially if they're not "diapery" looking. My kids are also 4+ years apart, which extends the life of my diapering years, lol.

Jessica, MD mama to
Dillon (9/18/98)
& Lucas (10/24/02)

Mia Bella's Gourmet Soy Candles:
http://www.bettersoycandles.com

the5howards
07-17-2004, 10:48 PM
Dh swears I am just having a new baby to extend my time with diaper bags. Of course my collection has grown sigificantly more expensive as time has passed. I do try and think what can I use this bag for 5 years from now but in reality I usually ebay what I don't use once a year anyway.