PDA

View Full Version : Skip Hop vs. Other bags

mom2bes
07-18-2004, 03:50 PM
I have a P3 & I have been thinking about a Skip Hop bag. My question is...what is the big advantage of the Skip Hop over other bags? It seems that most bags can be looped over the P3 handles. Also, is it okay for the Skip Hop to rest on those "levers" on the P3 handles (the ones you use to release the sides to fold it). I am a heavy packer & I am wondering if the weight on there would be a problem.
TIA :-)

pamela mom of 3
07-18-2004, 04:48 PM
Well i've only recently gotten my skip-hop but have had many "other bags" lol :P

I find what sets it apart from other bags, is it's set-up on a stroller, it's very well thought out for that purpose whereas many other bags are not so much so.

Can't help on the P3 since i don't have one anymore but their shouldn't be any trouble using one on a P3, pretty sure their have been some recent threads on this stroller/bag combo.

HTH :)

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

kseltmann
07-18-2004, 10:06 PM
I have a P3 and a Skip Hop and I cannot say enough about them. I love my Skip Hop. I like it because I can hang it off the handles, and leave that basket available for whatever might get purchased while we are out.
I think that the organization is great. I am not a very heavy packer, but I have never been without something I need. Anyway, I think for the money, this is a great bag.
HTH,

mom2bes
07-18-2004, 11:12 PM
Do you let the bag rest on those "levers" on the handles?? Or do you hang it some other way??
Also, do you have any problems with your stroller tipping with the bag attached when you take your baby out?? I would like to carry 2-3 Avent bottles plus a water bottle for myself in the bag....I am wondering if the weight would make the stroller tip.

bubbaray
07-19-2004, 12:34 AM
I have a Skip Hop and a Pliko -- pretty much the same levers as the P3. I let my bag rest on those levers and have had no problem with it (been using it for 2+ months now). I've never had a problem with my Pliko tipping with my SkipHop, plus some heavy bags on it....

I highly recommend the Skip Hop!

Melissa

kseltmann
07-19-2004, 03:40 PM
Yes, the bag rests on those levers and I carry 2 avent bottles and a water bottle and have had no problems. I swear by this bag.
K

mom2bes
07-19-2004, 06:19 PM
Do you use a bottle bag for your Avent bottles, or do you just put them in the bag?
I went to Nordstroms today & tried out the Skip Hop...but didn't get one :-(
I usually carry 3 bottles (in an insulated bottle bag) with me plus my Sassy formula dispenser. By the time I put that stuff in the bag...there was no more room for anything else! I was very disappointed!
How do you organize your bag? I am just curious becase this bag seems to be big enough for everyone else...so I am obviously doing something wrong!
TIA!!