PDA

View Full Version : Am I completely crazy?

LucyJayne
07-19-2004, 06:56 PM
I am due in October with my first and have not yet purchased a diaper bag, but am completely obsessed.

I think that I would like to buy the the following bags: a skip-hop to match my stroller which I also haven't decided upon as yet (another obsession), an alpha 7 in blue chocolate and an escape pod also in blue chocolate and maybe the landsend deluxe backpack for travel...there are probably others, but that seems like more than enough for now.

So besides the question of my sanity...and it certainly helps that after reading through your emails that many of you seem to feel that same way I do about bags/diaper bags...would it be redundant to get the skip-hop and the alpha7 and the le backpack in terms of size and purpose? I have not seen any of these IRL, so the decision is that much harder. I did see the mothership and found that it was too big for me, so I have already ruled that out. I had also liked the kate spade backpack, but read that it is heavy even when empty, so I have ruled that out as well.

I am, however, sure about the escape pod as it seems like it would fit into any of the other bags and also be good on its own. And then there is the little wrist bag... I told you that I was crazy...

Any suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated. Even validation of my sanity would be welcome, as I am sure that my DH would question that at this point. : )

Thanks!
Lucy

Chelsey333
07-19-2004, 09:34 PM
I think the Skip Hop and Alpha 7 are great bags for everyday use. I don't know much about Land End bags, so not sure on the size of that. Whereas you haven't had your baby yet, you would be surprised at how much stuff you need to have on hand those first few months. I wouldn't rule out the Mothership yet, bec you might need a huge bag if you plan on going off for the day or over someone's house for the evening. When I am going to be out for a while, I tend to bring a lot of bibs, a blanket, burp cloth, clothes, diapers - and the bag fills up really quickly. My baby spits up a lot, so I go thru a lot of burp clothes, bibs and sometimes outfits. Congratulations on your future arrival!

twofallbabies
07-19-2004, 10:08 PM
I've never seen a Mothership IRL, but the Lands End DIA bag is pretty darned big, though not nearly as pretty at the Fleurvilles. I think the backpacks are pretty comprable to the DIA size-wise, but I'm not a "backpack person", so I've never tried it. The DIA is definitely bigger than the Skip Hop though.

Jessica, MD mama to
Dillon (9/18/98)
& Lucas (10/24/02)

Mia Bella's Gourmet Soy Candles:
http://www.bettersoycandles.com