PDA

View Full Version : Stinky Kecci???

marnay
07-19-2004, 07:04 PM
I got my beige Keccie bag today, and I think I am really going to like it, but man does it smell.... kind of a gas or chemical smell. It is from the liner not the cloth of the bag. Please tell me this goes away???

Naydene

icunurse
07-19-2004, 07:13 PM
I noticed that, too (I think someone else even mentioned it in a thread). I just turned my bag inside out and let it air out, then I stuffed a used fabric softener sheet in it overnight. I don't notice any smell now.
Traci
~Connor's Mom~

bethdg1
07-19-2004, 07:21 PM
Mine smelled like a shower curtain. I let it air out overnight and the smell is gone.

supercalifragilous
07-20-2004, 02:13 PM
I talked to Tracy Golden @ Kecci about this to maybe improve on it for the next model - she said that the design team knows about this but decided to go ahead and use the vinyl liner because it's more waterproof than any of the other fabrics they tested (like my water-RESISTANT nylon liner in my PPB).

Mine had that bag too and like the PP said, this was posted when the first people got their Kecci bags before the co-op. I remember one poster saying that she left hers out in the sun and that helped tremendously. I HATE that smell and I aired it out for a couple of days to make sure the odor was COMPLETELY gone but like that PP said, the best odor-reducing thing I did was leaving it out in the sun!

NoAngel
07-21-2004, 11:29 PM
If the sun is really strong in your area, you might want to try airing it out in the evening. That's what I did because I was concerened about the sun fading the fabric. It took more than one evening to get rid of the smell, but it's great now!

marnay
07-21-2004, 11:31 PM
I aired mine out for a couple of days, and it is way better, still there a little but I have a super picky nose too.

I love this bag!