PDA

View Full Version : Need help deciding which fleurville

dowlinal
07-20-2004, 01:45 AM
Ok this board has convinced me that I need to get a fleurville I just don't know which one and I need to decide quickly before DH changes his mind about letting me get one. (I also talked him into a storm skip-hop to hang from the stroller and he's kindof muttering about prices) Here are my questions:

1. Alpha vs mothership - I think I like the alpha design a little better but I think I need the mothership size. I have an ISM XL which I definately fill to capacity so size wise am I better off sticking to the mothership? Also, are the alpha backpack straps annoying when you're not using the bag as a back pack?

2. Color - I definately want to avoid the blackhole effect - am I better off with the pink stripe, pink chocolate, or the blue chocolate? Does anyone know where you can see a picture of the dark chocolate bag coming out in the fall?

3. Escape pod - Am I wrong in thinking that this bag fits inside the mothership? Would it work well inside a brief case? Do you think this would make switching btw my diaperbag and my workbag easier? Am I insane for spending more money?

Overall, I am really looking for more organization than my ISM. I am also thinking that I need a bag that closes since winters here tend to be wet. (atleast this is how I am justifying this to dh)

TIA!

Chelsey333
07-20-2004, 03:22 PM
If you fill an ISM xl, than you probably should go for the mothership. I have an ISM XL and the Mothership, and I am pretty sure you can fit about the same stuff in each - but the Mothership is easier to find things and better organized. The escape pod does fit inside the Mothership and will make switching workbag and diaper bag easier if you would use it like a purse. Good justification about needing a new bag bec the winter is wet!

lmariana
07-20-2004, 03:33 PM
1. I would definitely go with the Mothership...especially with the wet winters you spoke of.
2. I have the Blue Chocolate Apha 7 and Escape Pod...I love this color! I'm not much of a pink girl though...
3. The Escape Pod fits wonderfully in the Mothership. It depends on the brief case whether or not it will fit.

Have fun picking out your color! :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

dowlinal
07-20-2004, 04:20 PM
Thank you guys!! I am definately getting the mothership and the escape pod. I contacted fleurville about the new dark chocolate bag because I couldn't find a pic and they sent me one. I'll try and attach it. It's really georgous - dk brown corduroy with orange piping and interior. So now I'm debating btw blue chocolate and dark chocolate.

lmariana
07-20-2004, 04:29 PM
Holy crap, I think I just peed in my pants when I saw that bag! I'm breaking out in a cold sweat! Must have this bag....

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

dowlinal
07-20-2004, 04:41 PM
I know .... I want this bag sooo bad. I keep telling myself that I should order the blue because I won't want to use the dark chocolate for spring/summer but really who am I kidding I'm gonna want another bag by then anyway. Plus - there's a matching escape pod.

BTW - Mariana you were my downfall!!! I was so good at avoiding this forum and then you sucked me in with your suggestions post. You also convinced me to order a skip hop.

Truska
07-20-2004, 04:56 PM
The brown is gorgeous! I've emailed them about the dark chocolate alpha, so hope to hear back soon!

Thanks for sharing!

masetane
07-20-2004, 09:52 PM
Someone mentioned they will be coming out with a red canvas Mothership! ACK!!!! That's what I want!! Wonder if they have a pic of that. I really like the "coating" on the Alpha Blue and Pink choc. Wonder if they will do that for the new alpha colors???
Caroline
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

bluhimmy
07-20-2004, 09:57 PM
Thanks for posting the picture of the dark brown mothership. I think you just helped me decide on the color to order...

dowlinal
07-20-2004, 11:59 PM
Caroline,
Just e-mail them at [email protected]. I e-mailed them to ask about the dark chocolate and within like 2 hours they sent me a picture. I'm sure if you ask him about the red mothership and/or the new alphas they'd get back to you just as quickly.

dowlinal
07-21-2004, 12:01 AM
According to the e-mail I got they are not planning on making the alpha in the dark chocolate. I asked about both the alpha and the mothership and here is the response I got:

Thanks so much for contacting us! Here is a photo of the MS in Chocolate. It has an Hermes orange interior. We are not doing it in the A7 model.

Please let us know if you have any more questions!

Best,

The Fleurville Team

caridura
07-21-2004, 07:33 PM
OMG, I love it!!! The orange interior just makes it even more desirable. ACK! And I just got my first MS in the Indigo last week. Darn you Fleurville!!!! LOL

~Sari
edd 11/16/04