PDA

View Full Version : How do you organize the mommy stuff in the Alpha 7?

masetane
07-20-2004, 10:45 PM
Now that mine has arrived (YEAH - this one is in great shape and it's just the best bag I have ever, ever owned, I'm wondering how you pack your mommy stuff??? The 3 pockets in teh front are holding my lipstick/pen, sunglasses, cell phone. Which leaves me with my wallet,small calendar/organizer. Right now I have my organizer in the shallower pocket next to the wipes and my wallet in the insulated bottle holder. I wish the front pocket was more usable for a thicker wallet (I have the Kate Spade nylon french one) instead of those 3 little pockets. Anyway, I would be curious to hear what you all are doing. Certainly, I could just put it all in the middle and fish around for it. I do like the set up of my Little Tripper which this is replacing. The front pocket is wide and deep enough to hold my wallet, sm organizer and cell phone. (hint hint Fleurville)
Caroline
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

masetane
07-20-2004, 11:35 PM
Bump. Sorry ladies - hoping to hear some opinions on this! :)
Caroline
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

Chelsey333
07-21-2004, 09:30 AM
Can't help you on organization bec mine hasn't arrived yet. Did Fleurville replace yours or did the ebayer finally get your bag to you? Just curious, I know you went thru a lot to get this bag!

lmariana
07-21-2004, 04:31 PM
I think you carry more mommy stuff than I do, but here's my organization...

I use my Fleurville wrist bag as my wallet, holding my cards, cash, change, and lip gloss.
The wrist bag fits perfectly into the side pockets.
I have my cell, powder, lip gloss, eye drops, mini-hairbrush, etc. in the front pockets.
Inside I have a small cosmetics case that holds the rest of my little mommy goodies.
I downsized to a small planner (4" x 3") and that fits in the small interior pocket.

That's about it! I think the wrist bag is my biggest lifesaver though. I love that little thing!

Good luck, have fun playing around with your pretty new bag!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

masetane
07-21-2004, 04:36 PM
Hi - I have my wrist bag in the side pocket too and just trying to decide if that is going to be my wallet. I had a Coach wristlet and finally gave up with change all over the bottom. Good idea about the small cosmetics case - that willhelp!
Caroline
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

Truska
07-21-2004, 05:08 PM
>I downsized to a small planner (4" x 3") and that fits in the
>small interior pocket.

>Mariana
>www.heinzandmariana.com
>Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

What small interior pocket?! Apparently, I've missed it!

Glad you're happy with your bag, Caroline! And I'm not much help, because I just put my wallet in the bag itself at the top, and *so far* it isn't gone too far! In the front, I put miscellaneous stuff. I've been cramming sippy cups in the side pockets (it's not easy to get them out, mind you!), but I have a wristlet on the way, so it's great to know that it'll fit in the pockets! Thanks for posting this!

jasabo
07-21-2004, 05:17 PM
I put my cell in one of the front pockets, I have a wristlet a little bigger then the Fleurville one (which ended up being too small for me) that I use for a wallet - I stick that in the main compartment. And I have a small makeup bag for odds and ends (pen, lip balm, tissue, etc.), which I keep in the main compartment too. Sunglasses and keys I stick in the large back exterior pocket for easy access. And I have a small calendar which I stick in the main compartment also.

Lisa - mom to 1 yr old twin boys