PDA

View Full Version : Fleurville: Please help me decide on a color...

bluhimmy
07-22-2004, 02:40 PM
After months of wanting a MS, I'm finally giving in to the diaper bag obsession. I'm throwing in the towel, and ordering myself my very first Fleurville!

But help! Which color? I'm stuck between the white cord and the new dark chocolate cord that's being released. I want something that will work well all year round, so I wonder if brown is too fall/winter, and the white too spring/summer?

Please help me decide...

Chelsey333
07-22-2004, 03:18 PM
Go for the brown - Only bec it is new and once people start posting pics you will really want it. Then you will want to justify having 2 MS and then the cycle begins! I have a lt blue MS and now the red one is so tempting, but how many bags does one person really need? Though I constantly tell my dh how important each and every bag I own is, each one serves its own purpose - he knows I am a nut!

lmariana
07-22-2004, 05:37 PM
You can't lose either way! Personally, I'd go with the white cord because it's available now, and you don't have to wait until September. :) Although I love the new brown one, I think I'm just going to stick with my white bag. I really, really love and have never felt a need to replace it, which says a lot!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

http://lilypie.com/baby1/040814/1/3/0/-5/.png[/img] (img)

bluhimmy
07-22-2004, 05:51 PM
I just love both! But it's true... waiting till September would just suck! Hmmm... still undecided.

murpheyblue
07-22-2004, 06:11 PM
I'd get the white. It's obviously a great spring summer bag but I think the cord let's you pull it off all year long. I think the dark chocolcate cord would be an awesome fall bag but I don't know how often I'd reach for that color in the spring/summer.

dowlinal
07-22-2004, 07:14 PM
I think that the dark chocolate one is definately more of a fall/winter bag. I originally ordered a dark chocolate MS and escape pod but changed my order to a red MS because I really can't see myself using the brown corduroy/orange bag once spring comes along. I think that you could use the white bag all year round because it is a corduroy fabric.

jk3
07-22-2004, 07:26 PM
I have the white + it's definitely appropriate for all seasons. It doesn't look particularly summery or particularly wintery for some reason. It's not my only bag but it's definitely a versatile look. It works as a gym bag, a pool bag + when I'm dressed up (infrequent at this point!) The brown chocolate + the red are stunning bags. I'm happy with the bag I have because it's rare to have something that is white and practical but it's a tough decision.

Jenn
DS 6/03

masetane
07-22-2004, 09:13 PM
How are you ordering the red bag if it hasn't come out yet???? I think I would like it but not sure b/c of the black interior and sort of want to see what they will do with the Alpha. I know they have a red alpha now but if they can make a red with the coating like the blue and pink chocolates - I'd rather have that.
Caroline
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

caridura
07-22-2004, 10:01 PM
I am currently in love with the new chocolate brown MS! Oh my! LOVE it!! I am definately getting one for myself once available. It will be here just in time for me to get use out of it when DD arrives. :)

The white is also very stunning. I've just always loved brown in my accessories. I wear brown ALOT.

~Sari
edd 11/16/04

dowlinal
07-23-2004, 12:13 AM
I pre-ordered it through the co-op at the yahoo diaperbag group so I won't be getting it until Sept. FWIW - I e-mailed fleurville about the interior and was told "The interior is currently black" So I e-mailed them again and asked what "currentlu" meant and I was told "It’s pretty well locked but might be updated as it rolls out." So it may be worth it for you to wait and see what happens.

jk3
07-23-2004, 08:33 AM
The brown bag is beautiful. Just wanted to add that the interior of the white is a medium brown, caramel.

Jenn
DS 6/03

helaina
07-23-2004, 08:36 AM
>I'd get the white. It's obviously a great spring summer bag
>but I think the cord let's you pull it off all year long. I
>think the dark chocolcate cord would be an awesome fall bag
>but I don't know how often I'd reach for that color in the
>spring/summer.

I totally agree. I'd go for the white.