PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Cart Seat Cover-Where to Buy?

bluhimmy
07-22-2004, 06:01 PM
A friend of mine was raving about the Floppy Seat, found at Babies R Us:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00009VE5J/102-7219308-4636141?v=glance&s=baby&me=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&vi=pictures&img=14#more-pictures

I know there are couple of websites mentioned here that make custom ones: Sew Cute Boutique & Covers4Kids, not sure if there were anymore out there...

I would really love to pick my own fabric, and perhaps order them for gifts. Does anyone know how these compare to the Floppy Seat? I like it how the Floppy Seat folds up into a tote, and I'm not sure if the custom ones do the same. Any recommendations/feedbacks apprecitated.

Thanks!

lmariana
07-22-2004, 06:24 PM
Hi! I had a Floppy Seat and replaced it with a covers4kids.com cover. I found the Floppy seat to be way to big and bulky. The covers4kids.com one does fold up into it's own little tote. I've been very happy with it, and highly recommend them! I've heard wonderful things about the SewCuteBoutique covers too, although I haven't tried one out myself.

Have fun picking out your fabrics!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

http://lilypie.com/baby1/040814/1/3/0/-5/.png[/img] (img)

pamela mom of 3
07-22-2004, 07:03 PM
I just recently got a covers4kids one, iT'S very nicely done and as said folds up into it's own little tote :)

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

traciann
07-23-2004, 11:55 AM
I have a sewcute boutique one, and it fold up into itself. The safety belt hooks to make a handle. I used special ordered fabric, and Cathy is wonderful to work with!

Traci

heidi_timms
07-23-2004, 12:10 PM
I bought a Snazzybaby cover from www.snazzybaby.com for me and a Covers4kids cover as a gift. Both are great, although,the Snazzy is a bit pricey.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

bluhimmy
07-23-2004, 02:26 PM
I just checkout their website. I'm in love with the selection of silkies... It's beautiful! Hmmm... I can't justify spending that much for covers.

supercalifragilous
07-23-2004, 02:55 PM
I know what you mean about the $$$. For that price range, Snazzy has had previous posts about had quality issues, order mix-ups, and bad after-purchase customer service. Thanks to these boards, I've discovered SewCuteBoutique and Covers4Kids. I'd been thinking about getting a shopping cart cover to match my WW backpack -- Latia just got a custom SewCuteBoutique cover with the fabric she chose (she started a recent thread on this). If you like the silky material, you can find them at many online places, even eBay. Some may not be machine washable so you'll have to be careful to ask and I'm not sure yet if SewCuteBoutique or Covers4kids will even sew with silky fabric (most of their stuff is cotton) but there are lots of custom cart cover makers out there if they don't. I just know those two have gotten great reviews on these boards! :)

On a side note, I noticed the dragon fabric on the Snazzy site and PPB has their Shrimp Roll in the same fabric (different color). I wonder if it's the same fabric since the Snazzy is machine washable and the PPB is not... PPB fabrics tend to be silk and delicate so maybe it's not the same exact fabric as the Snazzy. Maybe the Snazzy got a silk-type fabric in the same print?

bluhimmy
07-23-2004, 03:02 PM
Good idea about finding my own material and having one custom made.

It just hit me... A lot of the silky materials are made of some kind of polyester or rayon blend, thus it may be washable.