PDA

View Full Version : What do you keep in your diaper bag?

khakismom
07-22-2004, 11:24 PM
I normally have a plastic tub with supplies in the trunk of my car but realized that I need them to be in a bag because sometimes I go out with the girls after work and many times I don't have my dipe bag with me. So I've got a hospital freebie-bag all ready to go. I am thinking of:

dipes
wipes
extra underwear
changing pad
diaper sacks
empty sippy cup
2 bibs
eating utensils
diaper cream
Motrin
sunstick
binky
blanket

What else should I fill it with? TIA!

khakismom
07-23-2004, 12:31 PM
Heck, for that matter, what do you keep in your regular diaper bags? Help, please! I am at a loss. I feel like I am always missing something when I'm out. You'd think after 2 kids I would figure this out. :) Thanks!

Smiles81
07-23-2004, 12:57 PM
Hi, I have a four month old and I keep in my bag: bottle, formula, water, wipes case, three diapers, changing pad, burp cloth, bib, change of clothes, tylenol, pacifier, mini diaper rash cream, mini sunscreen, hat, and my stuff wallet, mini brush, cell phone, coupons, baby vaccination book, some makeup etc. I have a small timbuk2 which is not so organized but it gets the job done.
Reena
Mom to Dovi 3/16/04

kathsmom
07-23-2004, 01:32 PM
Hi, Maureen!

Right now, I am using a handmade diaper bag from ebay and my Activpak. I keep mine packed with the following for DS:

-4 of the size 5 diapers
-disposable changing pads
-receiving blanket
-sippy cups
-wipes container
-snacks in in the snack size ziploc baggies(but I am thinking of getting a snack trap)
-sunhat
-toy cars, peek a blocks, board books
-kleenex

For DD, I usually have a separate bag for her to store her markers, crayons, coloring books, etc. We just grab it and go.

HTH!

Chelsey333
07-23-2004, 02:21 PM
I also carry tissues for runny noses (I always need one when I don't have them packed), disposable placemats, hand/face wipes.

KYBelle1102
07-23-2004, 02:57 PM
I tend to keep all the bags packed with the essentials and try to keep it at a minimum...(DS is 10.5 months now)

diapers (3 -5)
wipes
small 4 oz juice
formula tubes (they make 4oz)
Empty bottle
Bottle of water
burp cloth or washcloth
bib(s)
Cheerios or jar of baby food (depending on how long out)
couple of toys
extra change and a couple of dollars (for emergencies)

DS has only had a oouple of major blowouts so it's rarely warranted us carrying extra clothes for him. Those items will usually get me through a couple hours of shopping with DS.

amp
07-23-2004, 03:21 PM
Here's what's in my normal dipe bag:

3 dipes
pack of wipes
bottle of water
1 Take N Toss straw cup
1 Dole fruit cup
1 Take N Toss snack cup with goldfish, veggie crackers, cheerios
a few disposable bibs
a few disposable plastic placemats
a couple toys
Wet ones wipes
tylenol
disposable changing pad
(stuff for me - pen, chapstick, tylenol/advil, wallet, keys, sunglasses, cell phone)

This all fits in my skip hop or LE little tripper. I keep them both packed and ready except for my phone, keys, suglasses and wallet, which I make sure to take.

In both cars I also have a back up bag, in case I forget the diaper bag or for longer travel. I rarely resort to them. Here's what's in those.

Diapers
wipes
diaper sacks
dirties bag
clean outfit for DS
clean outfit for me
straw cup
disposable changing pads

HTH!

cinrein
07-23-2004, 05:28 PM
In addition to what you already have listed, I usually have a hat to protect from the sun, some Wet Ones to clean dirty hands, and a light cardie in case in gets cold. Until today I also carried a light blanket, but just forced myself to get rid of it since I haven't used it in forever.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

LD92599
07-23-2004, 11:13 PM
I didn't read all of the responses...so i am sure to duplicate something!

Diapers
Wipes
Ziploc Bag(s)
Extra Outfit
Bacitracin Wipes
Sippy
Bottled Water
Disposable Changing Pad
Spoons/Forks, etc.
Diaper Cream
Bibs
Sunscreen
Table Topper
a few toys/books

I've rarely had to dip into the extra dipe bags...but I just know that one time I don't have it i'll need it!

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030305/0/7/0/-5/.png[/url]

lmariana
07-23-2004, 11:32 PM
BABY STUFF:
2-3 Diapers
Wipes
Empty bottle
Formula container
Bib
Jar of Food
Take N Toss Spoon
Take N Toss of Cheerios
Teething Tablets
Baby Tylenol & Motrin
2-3 Pacifiers
Diaper sacks

MOMMY STUFF:
Mini Hairbrush
Small Powder (Benefit "Dandelion")
LIP GLOSSES GALORE! (I literally carry 5-8 at a time)
Benefit "Nine One One" (works as a lip color, cheek color, and eye shadow, all in one)
Pill Case with mommy tylenol, excedrin, gas-x, midol, valium (HAHA, I wish)
Spare tampon (for me or a friend in need)
Hand lotion
Mini Roll-on Perfume (Kai fragrance)
Hair tie
Wallet
Pen

THEN IN THE CAR BAG I KEEP: (basically everything he'd need for a full night at Grandma's...just in case she offers) :)
Sunscreen
Bug Repellant
2 Blankies
Spare toys
2 changes of clothes for baby
8 diapers
Tub of wipes
Formula Dispenser with 4 feedings
Empty bottle
Bottle of water
3 jars of baby food
Take N Toss of Cheerios
Huggies Washcloth
Board book
Signing Time DVD

That's it! Of course, sometimes it's more and sometimes it's less, but this is the average stuff. :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

http://lilypie.com/baby1/040814/1/3/0/-5/.png[/img] (img)

Jeanmick
07-24-2004, 12:21 AM
My kids are close in age to yours. I have all the things you do in my bag. I use an Eddie Bauer tote-type bag that stays in the car 24/7. Haven't read all the responses above me, so I'm sure what I have below has been said, but I'll just go ahead and list the additional things I put in:

1. Change of clothes for each kid. I use a shirt and pants in bigger sizes than they wear since it would not make my day if I finally pull out a item they need and find that it's too small to fit. BTDT.

2. Hats

3. Small first aid kit with Bacitracin, kiddie and adult band aids, alcohol wipes, infant Tylenol and Tylenol for mommy in small ziploc bag.

4. Ziploc bags of different sizes.

5. Bottled water, which I change over every week

6. Sealed snacks, such as Fruit snacks, small sealed bags of Goldfish, Teddy Grahams, etc.. I got stuck on the freeway for over two hours last year due to a traffic jam caused by an accident and the snacks and the water helped my kids and I get through the afternoon/evening. YUK!

I think that's it. HTH!